ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Flynn Developments

I thought Trump fired Flynn for lying to Pence?
No one disputes the facts regarding Flynn. They're just claiming he was tricked or coerced or unfairly targeted or something. Essentially they're charging the FBI with the dreaded "process crimes" they told us were so bogus when they were levied against members of Trump's circle.

No one disputes the facts regarding Flynn. They're just claiming he was tricked or coerced or unfairly targeted or something. Essentially they're charging the FBI with the dreaded "process crimes" they told us were so bogus when they were levied against members of Trump's circle.
Oh FFS. He plead guilty.

Mueller....... we shall see when things come out how we all feel about him.
You’re dreaming. Mueller has a spotless record as a first class citizen and public servant, including an Ivy League education and a military service in Vietnam that garnered him numerous awards including the Bronze Star and a Purple Heart. Your two-bit corrupt hacks can’t sully his reputation.

What? Why? No, I posted a story... can’t help it if the facts in the story aren’t true or inaccurate.... I did go and look at the stay at home order. It is confusing what it says and doesn’t directly address golf facilities. That said, how do you feel about the thread about Trump and bribes?
So, no because you got pantsed.
That's all you had to say.
I don't blame you...it was pretty brutal.

Bottom line is it is becoming evident Flynn was a victim. Call it what you want, but it doesn’t look good and flies in the face of justice. The man went bankrupt and lost his home.

What do you guys think is the proper course of action concerning Flynn? Just remember that they threatened to go after his son if he didn’t plea.

Bottom line is it is becoming evident Flynn was a victim. Call it what you want, but it doesn’t look good and flies in the face of justice. The man went bankrupt and lost his home.

What do you guys think is the proper course of action concerning Flynn? Just remember that they threatened to go after his son if he didn’t plea.

More coming out tomorrow according to Sen. Jordan

Do you mean REPRESENTATIVE GYM Jordan? First off no way in hell that clown could win a statewide race in Ohio. He's got his gerrymandered House district where people apparently ignore his blatant lies. But no way his BS flies in the entire state...

You'd think he'd be circumspect and maintain a lower profile. Too many people with no POLITICAL ax to grind have come out and testified about his actions as Asst Coach at OSU... This list of accusers only dates back to 2018, more have been added since then,when the number stood at 11. There was even a board convened in the Ohio Statehouse earlier this year, which of course Jordan claimed he couldn't attend because of "duties" in DC...

"This is a running tally of those who have come forward to accuse GOP Rep Jim Jordan of knowing about the Ohio State sexual abuse scandal, and doing nothing about it.

ACCUSER 4: SHAWN DAILEY
Shawn Dailey, a Republican who is a former Jordan campaign donor, and a former Ohio State wrestler, says he was groped half a dozen times by Dr Strauss. And while he didn’t tell Jordan directly about the abuse, he was present when Dunyasha Yetts’ told Jordan about Yetts’ own abuse at the doctor’s hands. Per NBC:

Dailey corroborated the account of one of those wrestlers, Dunyasha Yetts, who told NBC News that Yetts had protested to Jordan and head coach Russ Hellickson after Strauss tried to pull down his wrestling shorts when Yetts went to see him for a thumb injury.

“Dunyasha comes back and tells Jimmy, ‘Seriously, why do I have to pull down my pants for a thumb injury?’” Dailey recalled. “Jimmy said something to the extent of, ‘If he tried that with me, I would kill him.'”

https://www.jordanscandal.com/jim-jordans-accusers

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
The documents don’t make the false statements Flynn pleaded guilty to any less false. He pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Prosecutors weren't obligated to produce notes to Flynn's legal team.

The guy is a total scumbag. He was fired by Obama, then arrested under Trump. Why defend this loser?

Last edited:

Flynn was anything but a victim. He lied. He was fired by Trump.

The documents recently touted as helping Flynn get pardoned or his guilty plea reversed are interesting reading. It is recommended that they be read. Not recommended is to believe anything by anyone interpreting it. Especially those on MSN or Fox or the Post or on here.

However, it seems to me that the information is from meeting notes that are in draft form. Never finalized meeting notes questions what is the intent of the FBI. It does not lay out the plan.

Furthermore, after that the FBI interviewed Flynn and Flynn lied. This is not a conspiracy. It is what is done by investigators all the time and is a good tool to use. It is not a conspiracy. It is above board and legal.

Here is where it gets strange. Seems it is diversion by Trump to get attention away from his mismanagement of the USA. https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...theories-perhaps-rationalizing-a-Flynn-pardon

Reactions: DrHoops
The very link you provided details that Priestap is a counter-intelligence officer. That in itself belies the notion that his interest was in partisan domestic politics...

I don't understand this point at all. Are you saying that his job description provided some kind of immunity from personal political beliefs?

Do you mean REPRESENTATIVE GYM Jordan? First off no way in hell that clown could win a statewide race in Ohio. He's got his gerrymandered House district where people apparently ignore his blatant lies. But no way his BS flies in the entire state...

You'd think he'd be circumspect and maintain a lower profile. Too many people with no POLITICAL ax to grind have come out and testified about his actions as Asst Coach at OSU... This list of accusers only dates back to 2018, more have been added since then,when the number stood at 11. There was even a board convened in the Ohio Statehouse earlier this year, which of course Jordan claimed he couldn't attend because of "duties" in DC...

"This is a running tally of those who have come forward to accuse GOP Rep Jim Jordan of knowing about the Ohio State sexual abuse scandal, and doing nothing about it.

ACCUSER 4: SHAWN DAILEY
Shawn Dailey, a Republican who is a former Jordan campaign donor, and a former Ohio State wrestler, says he was groped half a dozen times by Dr Strauss. And while he didn’t tell Jordan directly about the abuse, he was present when Dunyasha Yetts’ told Jordan about Yetts’ own abuse at the doctor’s hands. Per NBC:

Dailey corroborated the account of one of those wrestlers, Dunyasha Yetts, who told NBC News that Yetts had protested to Jordan and head coach Russ Hellickson after Strauss tried to pull down his wrestling shorts when Yetts went to see him for a thumb injury.

“Dunyasha comes back and tells Jimmy, ‘Seriously, why do I have to pull down my pants for a thumb injury?’” Dailey recalled. “Jimmy said something to the extent of, ‘If he tried that with me, I would kill him.'”

https://www.jordanscandal.com/jim-jordans-accusers
Just a word about your posts..... sum it up please. I think everyone would appreciate it

Reactions: Lucy01
The documents don’t make the false statements Flynn pleaded guilty to any less false. He pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Prosecutors weren't obligated to produce notes to Flynn's legal team.

The guy is a total scumbag. He was fired by Obama, then arrested under Trump. Why defend this loser?
I’m not a lawyer, but I would assume when a court orders them too....they are obligated to do so

They weren’t “ordered to” in the original trial when Flynn PLEADED GUILTY all by himself. Nothing the the FBI did was wrong in the least. You’re defending a traitor to the US and a total loser.

This is all about giving Trump cover for pardoning more of his criminal associates. You’re buying it hook, line, and sinker like every other Ill-informed TrumpBot.

How is it so confusing to you that Flynn pleaded GUILTY as charged?

I’m not a lawyer, but I would assume when a court orders them too....they are obligated to do so

Last edited:
They weren’t “ordered to” in the original trial when Flynn PLEADED GUILTY all by himself. Nothing the the FBI did was wrong in the least. You’re defending a traitor to the US and a total loser.

This is all about giving Trump cover for pardoning more of his criminal associates. You’re buying it hook, line, and sinker like every other Ill-informed TrumpBot.

I will go with Trey Gowdy’s Analysis over your’s! He’s the real deal!

It’s called prosecutorial misconduct. Look up “Brady Disclosures”. The plea has nothing to do with misconduct and the consequences flowing therefrom. The plea must be given with full knowledge of all relevant evidence. It looks like government prosecutors breached their duty of disclosure. The judge will review and decide.

It’s called prosecutorial misconduct. Look up “Brady Disclosures”. The plea has nothing to do with misconduct and the consequences flowing therefrom. The plea must be given with full knowledge of all relevant evidence. It looks like government prosecutors breached their duty of disclosure. The judge will review and decide.
How are the FBI notes exculpatory?

Reactions: DrHoops
Nonsense. They’re notes from a meeting. This is AG Barr’s attempt at making this look like misconduct to the public. Those notes weren’t part of discovery and shouldn’t be.

Trump will pardon this three time loser and traitor to his country. It’s just a matter of time. And Bill Barr is paving the way, as expected. Again, none, nada, zero, of this has anything to do with Flynn lying to the FBI about his conversations with the Russians for which he pleaded guilty.

You guys are real patriots! :rolleyes:

Nonsense. They’re notes from a meeting. This is AG Barr’s attempt at making this look like misconduct to the public. Those notes weren’t part of discovery and shouldn’t be.

Trump will pardon this three time loser and traitor to his country. It’s just a matter of time. And Bill Barr is paving the way, as expected. Again, none, nada, zero, of this has anything to do with Flynn lying to the FBI about his conversations with the Russians for which he pleaded guilty.

You guys are real patriots! :rolleyes:

How are the FBI notes exculpatory?

Are you kidding? They were strategizing how to nail Flynn for a crime they weren't even sure happened. That's not how I expect our criminal justice agencies to act. Maybe you do. But if you are right and this conduct becomes the norm, who will you turn to when they come after you?

Reactions: stollcpa
That's what law enforcement does when they believe someone has committed a crime. They strategize about how to "nail" people they believe are guilty of a crime.

Flynn lied to the FBI all by himself. That's why he PLEADED GUILTY to the charges. Why is this so complicated?

Are you kidding? They were strategizing how to nail Flynn for a crime they weren't even sure happened. That's not how I expect our criminal justice agencies to act. Maybe you do. But if you are right and this conduct becomes the norm, who will you turn to when they come after you?

That's what law enforcement does when they believe someone has committed a crime. They strategize about how to "nail" people they believe are guilty of a crime.

Flynn lied to the FBI all by himself. That's why he PLEADED GUILTY to the charges. Why is this so complicated?
They already knew what Flynn said to Kislyak.

Flynn chose to lie to the FBI. Furthermore, Flynn sold his country out.

Flynn and Stone both lied. And President Trump lied. All those lies combined to prevent investigators from learning what really happened with the Trump campaign and Russia in 2016, benefiting first and foremost Trump, who falsely proclaimed exoneration. In pardoning Stone and Flynn, the president would reward them for that service, and use the pandemic and the volume of his supporters to drown out anyone noting the con.

Every day Trump and his entourage turn around and say good morning to the night. It's called gaslighting.

How does that change the fact that Flynn lied to them, then PLEADED GUILTY to it. Police are t obligated to tell a suspect what they already know. I’m sorry you’re having trouble with this.

How does that change the fact that Flynn lied to them, then PLEADED GUILTY to it. Police are t obligated to tell a suspect what they already know. I’m sorry you’re having trouble with this.
I'm not having any problem with this issue. Was the statement I posted false?

Below is some of what Lawfare ( https://www.lawfareblog.com/flynn-redux-what-those-fbi-documents-really-show ) has to say. Maybe someone can enlighten as to why this assessment is wrong? It seems like catching a defendant in a lie is SOP in TV shows, is that totally wrong in real life?

Flynn’s new lawyers cite these notes, which were presumably written by then-FBI counterintelligence chief Bill Priestap, as supposed smoking gun evidence that the FBI was seeking to entrap Flynn in a lie. The trouble with that argument is that absolutely nothing forced Flynn not to tell the truth in that interview. And while FBI officials appear to have discussed the strategic purpose of the interview, there’s nothing whatsoever wrong with that. To be sure, a possible criminal prosecution based on the Logan Act case was weak leverage, given that the statute has virtually no history of enforcement, but agents hold relatively weak leverage over witnesses all the time. And yes, it’s wrong for the bureau to set up an interview in the absence of a viable case in order to induce a witness to lie for purposes of prosecution, but there’s no evidence that is what happened—merely evidence that the possibility was on a list of possible strategic goals for the interview. And yes, the bureau will sometimes confront a witness with a lie and specifically warn the person about lying being a felony, but that is not a legal requirement.

In fact, the Flynn interview gave Flynn every opportunity to tell the truth. As the FBI’s partially-redacted memo documenting Flynn’s interview reflects, the questions were careful. They were specific. The agents, as Strzok later recalled in a formal FBI interview of his own, planned to try to jog Flynn’s memory if he said he could not remember a detail by using the exact words they knew he had used in his conversation with Kislyak. And Flynn, as he admitted in open court—twice—did not tell the truth. That is not entrapment or a set-up, and it is very far indeed from outrageous government conduct. It’s conducting an interview—and a witness at the highest levels of government lying in it.​

Below is some of what Lawfare ( https://www.lawfareblog.com/flynn-redux-what-those-fbi-documents-really-show ) has to say. Maybe someone can enlighten as to why this assessment is wrong? It seems like catching a defendant in a lie is SOP in TV shows, is that totally wrong in real life?

Flynn’s new lawyers cite these notes, which were presumably written by then-FBI counterintelligence chief Bill Priestap, as supposed smoking gun evidence that the FBI was seeking to entrap Flynn in a lie. The trouble with that argument is that absolutely nothing forced Flynn not to tell the truth in that interview. And while FBI officials appear to have discussed the strategic purpose of the interview, there’s nothing whatsoever wrong with that. To be sure, a possible criminal prosecution based on the Logan Act case was weak leverage, given that the statute has virtually no history of enforcement, but agents hold relatively weak leverage over witnesses all the time. And yes, it’s wrong for the bureau to set up an interview in the absence of a viable case in order to induce a witness to lie for purposes of prosecution, but there’s no evidence that is what happened—merely evidence that the possibility was on a list of possible strategic goals for the interview. And yes, the bureau will sometimes confront a witness with a lie and specifically warn the person about lying being a felony, but that is not a legal requirement.

In fact, the Flynn interview gave Flynn every opportunity to tell the truth. As the FBI’s partially-redacted memo documenting Flynn’s interview reflects, the questions were careful. They were specific. The agents, as Strzok later recalled in a formal FBI interview of his own, planned to try to jog Flynn’s memory if he said he could not remember a detail by using the exact words they knew he had used in his conversation with Kislyak. And Flynn, as he admitted in open court—twice—did not tell the truth. That is not entrapment or a set-up, and it is very far indeed from outrageous government conduct. It’s conducting an interview—and a witness at the highest levels of government lying in it.​

The link tells us what's wrong:

"And yes, it’s wrong for the bureau to set up an interview in the absence of a viable case in order to induce a witness to lie for purposes of prosecution, but there’s no evidence that . . . ." There IS evidence of this. The agents investigating the Trump campaign's alleged collusion with Russia wrote a closing memo about Flynn's role in the first week of January. The agents found a total lack of evidence that Flynn colluded. Their investigation included the wiretapped transcripts of his conversations with the Russian ambassador, the report of a paid informant who was close to Flynn, and surveillance of Flynn. In other words, the agents had a pretty clear picture of Flynn's activities. Despite that, the FBI did not close the Flynn investigation because Strzok personally intervened to keep it open based upon the never-prosecuted and flimsy Logan Act.

The interview about which the notes were written happened January 24, well after the agents intended to close the Flynn investigation. The interview had none of the trappings of an interview that normally would be associated with at target of an investigation. Even Hillary was given this process when she was brought in for her FBI interview and was allowed to have counsel present. Comey went on TV and joked that "he sent a couple of guys over" to talk to Flynn without going through channels or other processes associated with a targeted investigation. This is the interview that formed the sole basis for Flynn's prosecution that ruined his life.

"but agents hold relatively weak leverage over witnesses all the time." Flynn was not a witness, he was a target. Big difference.

"And yes, the bureau will sometimes confront a witness with a lie and specifically warn the person about lying being a felony, but that is not a legal requirement." Correct, this is not a legal requirement. But it is well established FBI policy. Taking this policy departure along with Strzok's personal intervention to keep the case open, Comey's admission about ignoring protocol, the notes which revealed no obvious purpose to keep investigating Flynn, the claimed Brady violations later involved with he Flynn prosecution, and more, the conclusion is clear that Flynn got screwed.

The question is why Flynn? I don't think Strzok intervened on his own initiative. This goes up the chain through McCabe, Comey, Yates, and maybe into the White House. There is evidence for all of that. Obama was also hot to trot about an anti-israeli UN resolution before he left office. Flynn worked to undermine that. Maybe this isn't about Russia at all.

Last edited:

Was it the old perjury trap? Trump had a way around that. Just be a coward and don’t testify.

The link tells us what's wrong:

"And yes, it’s wrong for the bureau to set up an interview in the absence of a viable case in order to induce a witness to lie for purposes of prosecution, but there’s no evidence that . . . ." There IS evidence of this. The agents investigating the Trump campaign's alleged collusion with Russia wrote a closing memo about Flynn's role in the first week of January. The agents found a total lack of evidence that Flynn colluded. Their investigation included the wiretapped transcripts of his conversations with the Russian ambassador, the report of a paid informant who was close to Flynn, and surveillance of Flynn. In other words, the agents had a pretty clear picture of Flynn's activities. Despite that, the FBI did not close the Flynn investigation because Strzok personally intervened to keep it open based upon the never-prosecuted and flimsy Logan Act.

The interview about which the notes were written happened January 24, well after the agents intended to close the Flynn investigation. The interview had none of the trappings of an interview that normally would be associated with at target of an investigation. Even Hillary was given this process when she was brought in for her FBI interview and was allowed to have counsel present. Comey went on TV and joked that "he sent a couple of guys over" to talk to Flynn without going through channels or other processes associated with a targeted investigation. This is the interview that formed the sole basis for Flynn's prosecution that ruined his life.

"but agents hold relatively weak leverage over witnesses all the time." Flynn was not a witness, he was a target. Big difference.

"And yes, the bureau will sometimes confront a witness with a lie and specifically warn the person about lying being a felony, but that is not a legal requirement." Correct, this is not a legal requirement. But it is well established FBI policy. Taking this policy departure along with Strzok's personal intervention to keep the case open, Comey's admission about ignoring protocol, the notes which revealed no obvious purpose to keep investigating Flynn, the claimed Brady violations later involved with he Flynn prosecution, and more, the conclusion is clear that Flynn got screwed.

The question is why Flynn? I don't think Strzok intervened on his own initiative. This goes up the chain through McCabe, Comey, Yates, and maybe into the White House. There is evidence for all of that. Obama was also hot to trot about an anti-israeli UN resolution before he left office. Flynn worked to undermine that. Maybe this isn't about Russia at all.

So they made Flynn lie?

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
So they made Flynn lie?

Based on the documented history why should the government even give a shit if Flynn lied to “a couple of guys” showing up in his office for no disclosed reason? This is not why we have a criminal justice system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT