ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Flynn Developments

Hoosier_Hack

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2011
Bottom line is it is becoming evident Flynn was a victim. Call it what you want, but it doesn’t look good and flies in the face of justice. The man went bankrupt and lost his home.

What do you guys think is the proper course of action concerning Flynn? Just remember that they threatened to go after his son if he didn’t plea.

So FBI laid out a game plan. Either get to admit he did something illegal and turn it over to the DOJ or lie and get prosecuted for that.

So if he didn't do anything illegal or lie he's golden.

I'm at a loss why having a plan is bad.

They didn't force him to do either.

Bottom line is it is becoming evident Flynn was a victim. Call it what you want, but it doesn’t look good and flies in the face of justice. The man went bankrupt and lost his home.

What do you guys think is the proper course of action concerning Flynn? Just remember that they threatened to go after his son if he didn’t plea.

I’m happy to take a look if it comes from a reputable news source. Can you post something that isn’t from the mouth of one of the most subversive and divisive crappy Americans in history? I’m being serious.

I’m happy to take a look if it comes from a reputable news source. Can you post something that isn’t from the mouth of one of the most subversive and divisive crappy Americans in history? I’m being serious.
They have news reporters reporting it. However, we have a problem with the video links right now and I couldn’t post. I listened to both and Hannity is not incorrect. He adds about as much as CNN “News Anchor” does in his reporting.

He doesn’t bite and you won’t melt by listening. That I guaranty

So FBI laid out a game plan. Either get to admit he did something illegal and turn it over to the DOJ or lie and get prosecuted for that.

So if he didn't do anything illegal or lie he's golden.

I'm at a loss why having a plan is bad.

They didn't force him to do either.

yes that is why they took two years to turn over this info..... he didn’t admit to anything until they threatened to go after his kid. You should read about it. Unfortunately for you guys, Fox is the only news agency investigating/reporting on it so you gotta risk changing your opinion of them

This is old news. This is Fox doing Trump's "Look over there!" bidding while the heat is on him for other things.
Well this is what happens when you bury your head in CNN, MSNBC and network news. You would have realized that new materials were released from the FBI files yesterday.... the notes are particularly incriminating....

Reactions: AtlantaCat
The Michael Flynn revelation: Bombshell or business as usual?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...nn-revelation-bombshell-or-business-as-usual/

One very valid question raised by the new documents, though, comes when the unnamed official muses about whether the goal is to “get him fired.” It’s one thing to choose between letting Flynn admit his wrongdoing or lie about it; it’s another to suggest a potential aim is his removal from his White House post. That would seem to be something that is beyond the purview of law enforcement, and it’s key to claims that Flynn was personally targeted.

But also keep in mind the Yates development: There was real concern around this time that Flynn had not just done something wrong, but that he had opened himself up to blackmail by the Russians because of his actions. In that case, it may be more understandable that the FBI saw some value in getting him removed from such a high-profile post, irrespective of whether he had committed a crime, because of the possibility that he was compromised.​

Reactions: Bill4411

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...nn-revelation-bombshell-or-business-as-usual/

One very valid question raised by the new documents, though, comes when the unnamed official muses about whether the goal is to “get him fired.” It’s one thing to choose between letting Flynn admit his wrongdoing or lie about it; it’s another to suggest a potential aim is his removal from his White House post. That would seem to be something that is beyond the purview of law enforcement, and it’s key to claims that Flynn was personally targeted.

But also keep in mind the Yates development: There was real concern around this time that Flynn had not just done something wrong, but that he had opened himself up to blackmail by the Russians because of his actions. In that case, it may be more understandable that the FBI saw some value in getting him removed from such a high-profile post, irrespective of whether he had committed a crime, because of the possibility that he was compromised.​
The problem with the second paragraph is that the FBI at this time already knew the Russia Hoax was a... Hoax

This is not the FBI's role. This is not a minor matter. In the United States law enforcement serves a specific role that is clearly defined and is subject to pretty clear principals of citizen protections. If the FBI thought Flynn was a poor choice for that position, they voice that concern to those responsible for filling administrative positions. They don't turn this into a crime and strategy sessions about how to cover their true motives. The FBI is not the Gestapo.

This is not the FBI's role. This is not a minor matter. In the United States law enforcement serves a specific role that is clearly defined and is subject to pretty clear principals of citizen protections. If the FBI thought Flynn was a poor choice for that position, they voice that concern to those responsible for filling administrative positions. They don't turn this into a crime and strategy sessions about how to cover their true motives. The FBI is not the Gestapo.
No the FBI is not the Gestapo..... at least it isn’t suppose to be.... but it does point to.... guess what?

The gestapo locks people up without due process. Are you saying Flynn has been denied due process?

The gestapo locks people up without due process. Are you saying Flynn has been denied due process?

Denial of due process is still an open question. If the facts argued by Flynn's attorneys are to be believed, I'd say yes. If the judge allows his guilty plea to be withdrawn, the answer is definitely yes. At the very least, there is pretty clear evidence of prosecutorial misconduct. That may or may not be denial of due process.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
Denial of due process is still an open question. If the facts argued by Flynn's attorneys are to be believed, I'd say yes. If the judge allows his guilty plea to be withdrawn, the answer is definitely yes. At the very least, there is pretty clear evidence of prosecutorial misconduct. That may or may not be denial of due process.
So using words like Gestapo are irresponsible of someone that’s passed the bar exam?

Reactions: Bill4411
If the FBI thought Flynn was a poor choice for that position, they voice that concern to those responsible for filling administrative positions.
This wasn't about them disapproving of Flynn being named as NSC Director -- it was concern that the Russians had leverage over him due to his lying about his contacts with Kislyak.

Reactions: cosmickid
So using words like Gestapo are irresponsible of someone that’s passed the bar exam?

I don't understand your question.

I used the word "Gestapo" because that is a conspicuous example of combining law enforcement and politics. In the USA we really try to avoid that combination.

Flynn should sue for full restitution and I fully expect Trump to pardon him. This the least that can be done.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
I don’t know of anyone in jail because of Russia...
That’s fair. There were plenty of indictments of Russians handed out. I know it helps you cope with helping to foment Russian policy by claiming they didn’t influence the election. But they did. And they will again.

Mueller also believes Trump obstructed justice but that also surely doesn’t bother you.

This is old news. This is Fox doing Trump's "Look over there!" bidding while the heat is on him for other things.

This isn’t old. The judge has forced them to turn over documents not seen before. I understand the hate for anything Trump has touched but this isn’t okay.

Reactions: 76-1
Hey HH, why are you avoiding your thread on Obama golfing? It surely can't be because you got thoroughly pantsed, could it?
What? Why? No, I posted a story... can’t help it if the facts in the story aren’t true or inaccurate.... I did go and look at the stay at home order. It is confusing what it says and doesn’t directly address golf facilities. That said, how do you feel about the thread about Trump and bribes?

That’s fair. There were plenty of indictments of Russians handed out. I know it helps you cope with helping to foment Russian policy by claiming they didn’t influence the election. But they did. And they will again.

Mueller also believes Trump obstructed justice but that also surely doesn’t bother you.
I’m not sure what you mean by this. I think it is obvious more will come out before long about that time frame.

Mueller....... we shall see when things come out how we all feel about him.

I don't understand your question.

I used the word "Gestapo" because that is a conspicuous example of combining law enforcement and politics. In the USA we really try to avoid that combination.
William Barr looks disappointed that you don't agree with his position on such a combination.
is

I

That belief is based on an interpretation of the obstruction statute that is not universally held. The facts are pretty much undisputed. We’ve already litigated this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT