ADVERTISEMENT

Marriage does make you happier?

You could have fooled me. @mcmurtry66 start apologizing to the ex stoker. Time to put a ring on it.
LOL. without looking into it i would disagree. my single friends are very happy. my married friends are very miserable and very happy. speaking personally work has been most important in determining my happiness. i was happy married. i was happy with my stoker. i'm happy now. for years work made me really miserable. to where every single day just felt like an unbearable grind. it takes up so much of our lives that you have to pick something you like. or find a way to get to something you like.

now i will say my schedule this school year with the kids has been a little rough. mondays and wednesdays are the only days i don't have them. so being single and having kids 5 days a week is a bit of a grind. 4 days on 3 off is ideal

LOL. without looking into it i would disagree. my single friends are very happy. my married friends are very miserable and very happy. speaking personally work has been most important in determining my happiness. i was happy married. i was happy with my stoker. i'm happy now. for years work made me really miserable. to where every single day just felt like an unbearable grind. it takes up so much of our lives that you have to pick something you like. or find a way to get to something you like.

now i will say my schedule this school year with the kids has been a little rough. mondays and wednesdays are the only days i don't have them. so being single and having kids 5 days a week is a bit of a grind. 4 days on 3 off is ideal
Yeah, I don't have a strong opinion. My only assumption is the poorer you are the more it sucks to be single. Fewer options and close relationships. It is difficult for some people (especially guys) to develop strong friendships and etc.

However, if you have money an options, being single isn't a bad thing. I know I didn't mind life when I was single, but I like talking to people and women are wonderful, crazy, but wonderful :p

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't have a strong opinion. My only assumption is the poorer you are the more it sucks to be single. Less options and close relationships. It is difficult for some people (especially guys) to develop strong friendships and etc.

However, if you have money an options, being single isn't a bad thing. I know I didn't mind life when I was single, but I like talking to people and women are wonderful, crazy, but wonderful :p
it just varies I think. i'm in much better shape than when i was married. i play soccer a few times a week. i didn't do that married. i hang out with friends much more than i did when i was married. make a point to keep up with them and schedule stuff, which i didn't do when i was married. just today we decided we're going to go visit the texan during rodeo. i doubt i would have done that single. we took a guys trip to colorado and saw big head todd at red rocks not long ago. married none of those things would have happened. i guess all things considered i think marriage is better. but again it has never defined my happiness or misery like work has

You could have fooled me. @mcmurtry66 start apologizing to the ex stoker. Time to put a ring on it.
Could also be perception based on goal orientation. I'm sure we all know people who have told you they're happy right up until they separated. Have to subscribe to read, so hard to tell how they collected the data, but it did lead with it not being peer reviewed.

Part of that could be people who aren't married who do wish they were. I had a relationship with a woman, who a year after she was divorced, four months after we started dating, she was giving me an ultimatum to get married. She was married about six months after we broke up.

She didn't like being alone. She said as much, as to why it took her so long to end it with her husband.

Something to be said for companionship though, especially if you're on the same page.

I forgot to add. It's great you get to see the little man that often. Ages 1-5 have been my favorite times with my kids. I'm was somewhat of a hard a## to my oldest kids, but the young gun gets whatever he wants. It's ridiculous. He's my twin, only difference is he has better hair. It's an unreal head of hair. He'll probably end up with more baby mamas than you.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I forgot to add. It's great you get to see the little man that often. Ages 1-5 have been my favorite times with my kids. I'm was somewhat of a hard a## to my oldest kids, but the young gun gets whatever he wants. It's ridiculous. He's my twin, only difference is he has better hair. It's an unreal head of hair. He'll probably end up with more baby mamas than you.
ha love it!! in my situation he's actually really bad lol. couldn't be sweeter and more loving but he is deep in the throes of the terribles. my daughter has truly been my ride or die. i've always had her 60-75% of the week. and it's been so great. she turns 13 here shortly and i'm worried that will change. i hope not. i'm with them both so much that i kind of don't think about being single. if they were both out of the house things might be different. for the worse for sure

Reactions: snarlcakes
My wife says I'm happier married.
Grow Old Together Love GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

Reactions: larsIU
She often asks what I would do without her. After I name off the first ten things she tells me to shut up.

Mine asked me that once.

Before I had time to answer, she saw the look on my face and said that if I ever wanted to get some again, I better think long and hard before I gave an answer.

I told her I would rather run in front of a moving truck before not being with her.

I still didn't get any for a week. That bitch.

McMurtry66 why do you call the ex-wife a “stoker” I’ve been on rivals forever but just came to WC around time Dream Team was committing hari Kari so need help with nomenclature. Stoking a fire is the lone interpretation I can hang on that noun

McMurtry66 why do you call the ex-wife a “stoker” I’ve been on rivals forever but just came to WC around time Dream Team was committing hari Kari so need help with nomenclature. Stoking a fire is the lone interpretation I can hang on that noun
He stole it from COH while...well, he stole it.
A good stoker is more important than a good wife.

A good stoker is more important than a good wife.
So MC grabbed what he thought a critical name for his ex- and finds out it’s not defined. Sort of figures. If I ever have an ex wife I’ll just call her formerly doing better ;)

Marriage apparently makes you healthier. Plenty of studies demonstrate married men live longer than single guys.

Too many married men fvck it up. They're in a good marriage with a good woman but then a pretty young thing starts showing some interest and it's "Vows? What vows?" The trust is then shot and, while it can be restored if both spouses are motivated, that's not a given. And then there are guys who cheat over and over which inevitably leads to divorce.

And that pretty young thing who helped destroy the marriage? You'd have to be pretty naive to believe there's no chance she'll end up pursuing another guy. That's often mistake #2.

The two best days of a mans life. 1 when he finds that perfect women, 2nd when he admits, that was bullshit and dumps her!

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
Marriage apparently makes you healthier. Plenty of studies demonstrate married men live longer than single guys.

Too many married men fvck it up. They're in a good marriage with a good woman but then a pretty young thing starts showing some interest and it's "Vows? What vows?" The trust is then shot and, while it can be restored if both spouses are motivated, that's not a given. And then there are guys who cheat over and over which inevitably leads to divorce.

And that pretty young thing who helped destroy the marriage? You'd have to be pretty naive to believe there's no chance she'll end up pursuing another guy. That's often mistake #2.
Women cheat too. Regardless, cheating by either side is a symptom not the cause.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Are you speaking from experience? 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Bowlmania
Yeah that's kinda like the guy who had his wife's credit card stolen and the authorities ask him why he didn't report it and he told them that the thief was spending less that his wife. :)
Kudos. This did make me LOL.

Stealing this and using it later today.

Women cheat too. Regardless, cheating by either side is a symptom not the cause.
For sure. It’s interesting though. Professions, where you live, all sorts of odd things factor in. I have an unusually large penis and that has probably oversexualized me as well. And made things more challenging

My kid’s school the majority of parents are divorced. We even have a divorced dad’s club not unlike the great frank bascombe’s @Bulk VanderHuge My daughter’s three closest friends are all products of divorced parents. I’m friends with all the dads and moms. It’s been great - and hard. The dads are fantastic. Divorce is the norm

In my married days we lived in a far out suburb. Heavily catholic etc. no one was divorced. That would have been a different experience for my kids. Better and worse. But as I said my neighborhood it is the norm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: twenty02
In my married days we lived in a far out suburb. Heavily catholic etc. no one was divorced. That would have been a different experience for my kids. Better and worse. But as I said my neighborhood it is the norm.
And a lot of people in those towns tend to stay married over concern of a lack of options, and many of those would tell you they're happy because they base happiness on security.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT