ADVERTISEMENT

The End of the American Dream

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
for so many, and a solution. Get a stoker who makes money. All of you posters WITH SONS impress upon them the importance of marrying an earner. @IUCrazy2 you're big into marriage. make sure all your boys marry the right type of girl. career girls. oh and move to a school district with good schools. 12 years of "free" education.

we also see the downside of single moms and dads etc with poverty and crime. i think marriage and staying married would cure much of what ails this country

irony is not lost....

Last edited:
for so many, and a solution. Get a stoker who makes money. All of you posters WITH SONS impress upon them the importance of marrying an earner. @IUCrazy2 you're big into marriage. make sure all your boys marry the right type of girl. career girls. oh and move to a school district with good schools. 12 years of "free" education.

we also see the downside of single moms and dads etc with poverty and crime. i think marriage and staying married would cure much of what ails this country

irony is not lost....

The growing number of single parent households is a huge problem in the US, irrespective of socioeconomic status. Only 63% of US kids live in a home with married parents. Numerous studies reflect that kids raised in married parent homes are less likely to have problems at school or get in trouble with the law, they're more likely to graduate high school and college, and they're more likely to have higher income and be married themselves as adults. Research suggests that boys in particular are disadvantaged by the absence of dads from their homes, but girls are impacted as well. Girls with absent fathers tend to be more promiscuous.

Absent physical and/or sexual abuse, substance abuse, or an otherwise seriously fvcked up parent, kids are almost always better off living with two married parents.

irony is not lost....

In the good old days, if you married a woman, you got a dowry. We should bring that back.

The growing number of single parent households is a huge problem in the US, irrespective of socioeconomic status. Only 63% of US kids live in a home with married parents. Numerous studies reflect that kids raised in married parent homes are less likely to have problems at school or get in trouble with the law, they're more likely to graduate high school and college, and they're more likely to have higher income and be married themselves as adults. Research suggests that boys in particular are disadvantaged by the absence of dads from their homes, but girls are impacted as well. Girls with absent fathers tend to be more promiscuous.

Absent physical and/or sexual abuse, substance abuse, or an otherwise seriously fvcked up parent, kids are almost always better off living with two married parents.
Agreed. I’m amazed how many of my friends who live in good districts send their kids to catholic or private schools. That alone is $250k per kid for 12 years. Scrap that for public and add a wife that makes money it’s an enormous difference

Last edited:
Agreed. I’m amazed how many of my friends who live in good districts send their kids to catholic schools. That alone is $250k per kid for 12 years. Scrap that for public and add a wife that makes money it’s an enormous difference
Indiana has a really good school voucher program. My kids can go to K-8 private schools practically free. (Less than grand). High School would cost somewhere around 6-10k a year.

Also, the American Dream isn't dead for Bitcoiners. My kids will be just fine.

irony is not lost....

Always have them provide prior 2 years of W2s and tax returns before going in raw.

Agreed. I’m amazed how many of my friends who live in good districts send their kids to catholic schools. That alone is $250k per kid for 12 years. Scrap that for public and add a wife that makes money it’s an enormous difference

It's $20k a year there? It's like $6k here.

• Wow
Reactions: BradStevens
Always have them provide prior 2 years of W2s and tax returns before going in raw.
i saw a commercial for this and bust out laughing at the misery of dating. hey if you're going by the store can you please please please get me a new box of my trojan bareskin raw rubbers?

GUEST_26477024-9f73-465d-8e53-0f5ff82f3fc0

It's $20k a year there? It's like $6k here.
high school. $6-8 catholic grade school $20k catholic high school. private grade schools run $20 -$25k. we live in one of the top school districts and people here still go to the local private grade school at $25k a year. wtf.

Indiana has a really good school voucher program. My kids can go to K-8 private schools practically free. (Less than grand). High School would cost somewhere around 6-10k a year.

Also, the American Dream isn't dead for Bitcoiners. My kids will be just fine.
The voucher program in IN is for bitches. If a household income is $100k+ and you need money for private schools than A) you should send kid to public school or B) put a sign in yard that says "I am a hypocrite b/c I rail against the welfare system but I am receiving thousands of dollars via the voucher system"

I am not upset that people are accepting what is legally theirs, but they do need to know they are a welfare family too.
Fwiw, our household income is too high to qualify but our kids go to public schools

The voucher program in IN is for bitches. If a household income is $100k+ and you need money for private schools than A) you should send kid to public school or B) put a sign in yard that says "I am a hypocrite b/c I rail against the welfare system but I am receiving thousands of dollars via the voucher system"

I am not upset that people are accepting what is legally theirs, but they do need to know they are a welfare family too.
Fwiw, our household income is too high to qualify but our kids go to public schools
You don't understand how welfare or the voucher system works.

It's way higher than that. Family of 4 is like $220k, and that is AGI number, so after 401k, health insurance etc.... Can probably gross $260 to $270k and find a way to qualify.

You could flip it around and say that all public school families are welfare families too, technically. I don't have an issue with the tax dollars following the student.

irony is not lost....

For sure.

irony is not lost....

If you have daughters, stay away from the men he's talking about.

Reactions: baileyiu

Regardless of socioeconomic status?

I'd like to see the numbers on that, and how much of it includes single parents who are absent in the home due to work, whether it be working multiple jobs to make ends meet or working a demanding job that more than provides for the home.

I grew up in a single parent home, with occasional help from grandparents, with a mother who worked one job, a regular 8am-5pm. It was a stable household.

Reactions: hoot1

irony is not lost....

Murt, I got to thinking. First off, I’m an eternal optimist to my core. It’s hard not to be one when you have God and Bitcoin on your side.

Hear me out. I want Biden to win in 24. I think the country needs to suffer more and Bitcoin needs to continue to grow. Trump winning is worse case scenario, because it hands the government back over to Democrats in 28. Also, I think the next several years are going to be rocky.

A lot of issues facing America is poor governance. The last 20+ years government spending has went from 17% to 24% of GDP. Debt has increased a shit ton (I don’t care to look it up). And the results for most Americans have been not real good. Crime up, ODs up, suicides up, depression up, trust in institutions way down, and etc. People aren’t having children and can’t afford to homes. In order to make the cuts and changes that are needed to turn the U.S. around we need 60 votes in the senate. I think the quickest way for it to happen is another four years of Biden.

The wild card is DeSantis if he wins the Republican primary and becomes President (we could turn it around quicker). Unfortunately, Americans are dumb and we’ll get Trump and Biden.

Murt, I got to thinking. First off, I’m an eternal optimist to my core. It’s hard not to be one when you have God and Bitcoin on your side.

Hear me out. I want Biden to win in 24. I think the country needs to suffer more and Bitcoin needs to continue to grow. Trump winning is worse case scenario, because it hands the government back over to Democrats in 28. Also, I think the next several years are going to be rocky.

A lot of issues facing America is poor governance. The last 20+ years government spending has went from 17% to 24% of GDP. Debt has increased a shit ton (I don’t care to look it up). And the results for most Americans have been not real good. Crime up, ODs up, suicides up, depression up, trust in institutions way down, and etc. People aren’t having children and can’t afford to homes. In order to make the cuts and changes that are needed to turn the U.S. around we need 60 votes in the senate. I think the quickest way for it to happen is another four years of Biden.

The wild card is DeSantis if he wins the Republican primary and becomes President (we could turn it around quicker). Unfortunately, Americans are dumb and we’ll get Trump and Biden.
The most dangerous thing the country faces is 4 more years of Biden. It’s incredible how quickly he’s run us into the ground. But I’ve suffered for a year. I don’t know if I can suffer another year much less four. And I realize how spoiled I sound. I’ve been watching the WW2 documentary on Netflix. And I feel shameful watching them endure true suffering. And I’m reminded of my own dream team. Guys like DANC and Coh and mas and joehoopsier and cray and a few others, who all fought in WW2, and I feel badly about whining about my ex.

So maybe I deserve to suffer. Maybe I deserve four more years of joe Biden and the syndicate. Maybe that’s the pain we all have to share to get to the end of the rainbow and that bitcoin pot of gold

The most dangerous thing the country faces is 4 more years of Biden. It’s incredible how quickly he’s run us into the ground. But I’ve suffered for a year. I don’t know if I can suffer another year much less four. And I realize how spoiled I sound. I’ve been watching the WW2 documentary on Netflix. And I feel shameful watching them endure true suffering. And I’m reminded of my own dream team. Guys like DANC and Coh and mas and joehoopsier and cray and a few others, who all fought in WW2, and I feel badly about whining about my ex.

So maybe I deserve to suffer. Maybe I deserve four more years of joe Biden and the syndicate. Maybe that’s the pain we all have to share to get to the end of the rainbow and that bitcoin pot of gold
Lock yourself in your room for two days with Fiona Apple's entire catalogue and several pints of Rocky Road, and don't come back out until you're normal.

I've been watching that Documentary too. I still have episodes 5&6.

Europe was under Nazi control from 1939-1945. Can you imagine? The thing that blew my mind that I never knew before was the soldiers conscripted from the British colonies. And the French Vietnamese fighting in Europe in WW2. Wild stuff.

My wife's grandpa who is 98 or 99 now was in the Navy in the Pacific. Lost his firstborn son in Vietnam in 1969.

Most people today don't know what suffering and sacrifice is.

I've been watching that Documentary too. I still have episodes 5&6.

Europe was under Nazi control from 1939-1945. Can you imagine? The thing that blew my mind that I never knew before was the soldiers conscripted from the British colonies. And the French Vietnamese fighting in Europe in WW2. Wild stuff.

My wife's grandpa who is 98 or 99 now was in the Navy in the Pacific. Lost his firstborn son in Vietnam in 1969.

Most people today don't know what suffering and sacrifice is.
I think it’s been excellent. And I don’t watch much of that stuff so have little frame of reference but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m at the same spot as you. Hard people. My god.

Reactions: DANC and Cthulhu85
I think it’s been excellent. And I don’t watch much of that stuff so have little frame of reference but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m at the same spot as you. Hard people. My god.
I'm a bit of a nerd and love reading about and watching history documentaries. It's up there with the best of them. I'd bet Ken Burns would give it 2 thumbs up.

The best part about it is the colorized archival footage. I've watched A LOT of ww2 footage and most is new to me.

Especially the battles in North Africa.

I'm a bit of a nerd and love reading about and watching history documentaries. It's up there with the best of them. I'd bet Ken Burns would give it 2 thumbs up.

The best part about it is the colorized archival footage. I've watched A LOT of ww2 footage and most is new to me.
Exactly. The footage is incredible. And I like how the entire thing is presented. Easy to follow

Reactions: DANC and Cthulhu85

Bastogne was really cold.

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT