ADVERTISEMENT

Making babies

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009

@BradStevens I thought you might find this interesting. I’ve had this general thought before, but nothing to back it up. Atheism is in trouble, religious folk like having sex too much and our pull out game is weak.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Willdog7

@BradStevens I thought you might find this interesting. I’ve had this general thought before, but nothing to back it up. Atheism is in trouble, religious folk like having sex too much and our pull out game is weak.
That's consistent with my personal experience with people.

But you're assuming the kids will all be religious when they mature. I don't think that's the case.

Also, is this only the U.S.? The Chinese don't seem to have a problem with procreation absent government sanctions.

But you're assuming the kids will all be religious when they mature. I don't think that's the case.

Also, is this only the U.S.? The Chinese don't seem to have a problem with procreation absent government sanctions.

Also comparing them to LDS is using a pretty specific and zealous group

It’s hard to use the Chinese as an example because they are a poorer nation and the 1 child policy already screwed up their growth rates.

I assume it’s a modern times issue. Only the past 50 or so years have some nations been wealthy enough where we have started to see population declines from personal choice. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The church I attend is full of large families. It was admittedly strange to see the first few times I went there.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Had an Ethiopian immigrant, totally naturalized, honest, stumble onto me at the hotel bar tonight. GREAT GUY.
He had five kids, loved them, his wife HATES him.
I forget the next 60 minutes. But it was totally in line with what ever this thread was supposed to mean, I am sure.
Anyway, we discussed about the man being the rock that can't be moved. He's not seen his wife for 3 months because she hate him. I could relate.
Then we missed work tomorrow.
I think I fixed him in the end.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
It’s hard to use the Chinese as an example because they are a poorer nation and the 1 child policy already screwed up their growth rates.

I assume it’s a modern times issue. Only the past 50 or so years have some nations been wealthy enough where we have started to see population declines from personal choice. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The church I attend is full of large families. It was admittedly strange to see the first few times I went there.

Personal choice + shift away from agrarian economies. You don’t need as many kids if you are an industrialized country.

Also, women working is a huge factor in several ways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT