ADVERTISEMENT

#MAGA

As always, appreciate when men tell Feminists what they should think. Mansplaining at its finest. I'm assuming you think I only use trophy wives on conservative politicians? I'd be happy to point out some that likely are on the other side of the aisle if that would make you feel better.
Your politics trump your feminism like politics trumped the feminism of feminists in the 90s.[/Q

trophy wives and trophy husbands/boytoys/kept men/etc.
You left out trophy daughters.

ivanka-donald-melania-825x580.jpg

As always, appreciate when men tell Feminists what they should think. Mansplaining at its finest. I'm assuming you think I only use trophy wives on conservative politicians? I'd be happy to point out some that likely are on the other side of the aisle if that would make you feel better.
Yes, I think you have only used the term "trophy wives" about the wives of Republicans (and that RINO Trump) here at the WC. However, I'm sure you can do a search for rich Democrats and find one with a beautiful wife and claim that she's a "trophy wife." Google "trophy wife sexist" and you'll find a whole lot of articles saying it is quite sexist. Many of them, like this one, written by women*. Imagine that. ;)

I don't believe it's at all controversial to say that politics often trump the feminism of feminists. It happened during the 90s with Bill Clinton's issues with women. Now that he's safely in the rearview mirror for politics, you're seeing articles being written on that failure of feminism.

*I'd forgotten the controversy over Target's sexist "Trophy" t-shirt.

Trump ran as a populist, promising to make America great again for ordinary people. What we (predictably) got instead is a government by and for plutocrats. Notwithstanding Aloha's fusty offense at "trophy wife", Mnuchin and Linton perfectly exemplify the vulgar rich -- who are now spearheading tax cuts for themselves that they (predictably) claim are really intended to benefit ordinary people.

My advice to wealthy vulgarians: Don't allow the rubes to see you photographed cavorting with sheets of newly printed cash while garbed in finery that costs more than most people make in six months, particularly after you've had to apologize for punching down at proles who didn't like you hashtagging all the designers you wore on a government-paid day trip to see the eclipse. At some point, even the rubes might catch on.

Trump ran as a democrat and he got the republican party to nominate and elect him president. Republicans don’t really care what you say or what your values are. As long as you have “R” next to your name they’ll respond to anything you say with “yeah, he’s right”.

Yes, I think you have only used the term "trophy wives" about the wives of Republicans (and that RINO Trump) here at the WC. However, I'm sure you can do a search for rich Democrats and find one with a beautiful wife and claim that she's a "trophy wife." Google "trophy wife sexist" and you'll find a whole lot of articles saying it is quite sexist. Many of them, like this one, written by women*. Imagine that. ;)
While what you are saying has a merit, the reason why the Republicans are fanned harsher when they get caught is that they are the ones preaching morality and pretending to be the party of holier-than-thou. They are the ones who claim to be on God's side.

Is your wife 30 years younger than you and are you a billionaire? I'd say that's part of the process in trying to identify a trophy wife. Yes, Melania may be deeply in love with the Donald. And the Hoosiers might win the NCAA basketball tourney this year too. And there are trophy husbands too, they are just called boy toys, so not sure about the sexist part.

The board's resident feminist ladies and gentlemen. Proving once again that feminism only applies when playing for the right team.

And again, like I posted last week. Many of you are full of shit.

I think calling someone a trophy wife is extremely sexist. You cannot read the minds of these women. They may be deeply in love with their husbands for all you or I know. You cannot read the minds of our wives or girlfriends either. My wife is performing in a local and well regarded ballet school’s production of “The Nutcracker” today and tomorrow. She’s quite lovely and I’m not all that good looking these days (or ever), and not even in good physical shape like I used to be because I’ve gained about 35 pounds since retiring from the Navy. I plan to start working on the weight thing, maybe tomorrow;), but it would be sexist and rude for you to call my wife a trophy wife because she’s lovely and shapely and I’m, uh, not, but pretty well off, wouldn’t it? Your wife or girlfriend may be a beauty, and maybe you’re not all that either (I have no idea what you look like), but I sure as hell wouldn’t call her a trophy wife/girlfriend because that requires reading her mind and a level of rudeness I don’t care to approach. This “trophy wife” insult should be taken out of your political tool box. It doesn’t play well and reflects worse on you than on the ones you intend to insult.

Just saying, as they say, but you do whatever the hell you want to do.

It’s fine for libs to be sexiest. Don’t you know?

It

I don't believe it's at all controversial to say that politics often trump the feminism of feminists. It happened during the 90s with Bill Clinton's issues with women. Now that he's safely in the rearview mirror for politics, you're seeing articles being written on that failure of feminism.

*I'd forgotten the controversy over Target's sexist "Trophy" t-shirt.
i actually haven't used the term here, as far as I know, but I do use it. It takes a long time, oh maybe a week, to look back at Harvey Weinstein s wife and assume that she is a trophy wife. There are hundreds and it certainly isn't limited to either side of the aisle. You are so quick to paint others with the partisan brush, and yet this time it is most definitely on you. I imagine Jerry Hall is deeply in love with Rupert Murdoch, right? I'm sure the 20 year old male that Joan Collins was with for several years when she was in her 70's was in love with her, and I'm fairly certain . I know for a fact that Anna Nichole Smith was most definitely in love with her 80 year old geezer. Has nothing to do with right, left or feminism.

The board's resident feminist ladies and gentlemen. Proving once again that feminism only applies when playing for the right team.

And again, like I posted last week. Many of you are full of shit.
Once again, thanks for the mansplaining, hon! So appreciate it. You guys are clueless on this one. Laughable, truly.

It
i actually haven't used the term here, as far as I know, but I do use it. It takes a long time, oh maybe a week, to look back at Harvey Weinstein s wife and assume that she is a trophy wife. There are hundreds and it certainly isn't limited to either side of the aisle. You are so quick to paint others with the partisan brush, and yet this time it is most definitely on you. I imagine Jerry Hall is deeply in love with Rupert Murdoch, right? I'm sure the 20 year old male that Joan Collins was with for several years when she was in her 70's was in love with her, and I'm fairly certain . I know for a fact that Anna Nichole Smith was most definitely in love with her 80 year old geezer. Has nothing to do with right, left or feminism.
It’s all about your partisanship. It trumps all else for you. I’m out.

It’s fine for libs to be sexiest. Don’t you know?
Hate to break it to you, but the right's boogie man George Soros just took on what is quite likely a trophy wife. And I don't want to disillusion you, but I'm not sure all those Playboy bunnies were truly in love with Hef. I don't know his politics. I guess the fact that I understand the real world somehow prevents me from being a feminist ?

Of course you're out because you have zero clue what you are talking about. Absolutely nothing to do with politics or gender. You're being stubborn and ignorant on this one and spewing complete nonsense.

I notice you didn't respond at all to what I was saying, just repeated your nonsense. That's how you know you've lost the battle. And this one was indeed, silly.

Of course you're out because you have zero clue what you are talking about. Absolutely nothing to do with politics or gender. You're being stubborn and ignorant on this one and spewing complete nonsense.
A little self reflection would do you good.

Reactions: stollcpa
Hate to break it to you, but the right's boogie man George Soros just took on what is quite likely a trophy wife. And I don't want to disillusion you, but I'm not sure all those Playboy bunnies were truly in love with Hef. I don't know his politics. I guess the fact that I understand the real world somehow prevents me from being a feminist ?

Laugh at both sides. Most men outkick their coverage. Too many beautiful women. At least we agree on the BB Forum. :).

Zeke, you're not fitting into the box that's been constructed for you, and that's what's causing all the consternation. You just don't know your place.

I notice you didn't respond at all to what I was saying, just repeated your nonsense. That's how you know you've lost the battle. And this one was indeed, silly.
You didn’t bother reading what other women said about the sexist term “trophy wife.” You’re all partisan all the time.

I normally like your work, too, Aloha, but you're being kind of an arrogant hack on this one. Zeke's a hypocrite because she's a Democrat. That's pretty much your claim, and you don't back it with anything but repetition. I know you can do better.
I stand by the claim.

Denying that trophy wives are a thing is just silly. Just like Hillary setting up her server because she couldn't handle having two phones, or Trump touting his record Inauguration crowd. It's nothing more than an exercise in stealthy whataboutism.

It
Laken Howard isn't arguing that the term trophy wife has no meaning but rather that it's a sexist term that should be removed from the lexicon, perhaps like stewardess and waitress. So, according to her, you're correct, right, left or feminist doesn't matter, it's always sexist.

Zeke, you're not fitting into the box that's been constructed for you, and that's what's causing all the consternation. You just don't know your place.
Ha. I totally admit I have biases in many, many areas. It probably made me give Clinton the benefit of the doubt. But the trophy wife thing is just silly.

It
Laken Howard isn't arguing that the term trophy wife has no meaning but rather that it's a sexist term that should be removed from the lexicon, perhaps like stewardess and waitress. So, according to her, you're correct, right, left or feminist doesn't matter, it's always sexist.
And so is boy toy. But honestly I think it's one of those silly things people like to be offended by. My friend bought a trophy wife tshirt just this week cause her husband calls her that. She's 2 years younger and he does have a lot of money. He didn't when they met. Maybe gold digger is a better term? It's gender neutral.

You didn’t bother reading what other women said about the sexist term “trophy wife.” You’re all partisan all the time.
Honestly, you don't even know what argument you're trying to make here. Is it that I'm sexist or partisan? You don't seem to comprehend the difference. Just keep shouting partisan into the wind. I read it... maybe it is sexist. As is boy toy.

Kind of ironic people here so bent out of shape about the term are the first to cry how easily people are offended these days . Much ado about nothing.

Honestly, you don't even know what argument you're trying to make here. Is it that I'm sexist or partisan? You don't seem to comprehend the difference. Just keep shouting partisan into the wind. I read it... maybe it is sexist. As is boy toy.
Nope. You’re partisan and the term is sexist. I’m not even slightly offended either.

Nope. You’re partisan and the term is sexist. I’m not even slightly offended either.
Of course Zeke is partisan. So are you. We all are. She admitted it. Even offered an example of when she probably let it cloud her judgment. But that doesn't justify this "You're a bad feminist because you're a liberal" diatribe you're going on. You sound like one of your more hacky GOP pals in this thread, not the normal reasonable conservative you usually are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT