ADVERTISEMENT

Langford said in interview

None of them exist at Vanderbilt? Your point is wrong.

Ok, make your case. What of the following exist at Vandy? Show us the errors of our ways. This is what Gradman stated.

Tradition, facilities, fan support, exposure, post career opportunities- none of that matters apparently.

Reactions: mazz and IUgradman
Ok, make your case. What of the following exist at Vandy? Show us the errors of our ways. This is what Gradman stated.

Tradition, facilities, fan support, exposure, post career opportunities- none of that matters apparently.
What if IU is compared to KU? And what if the comparison extends to playing with other elite players? And what if he wants to go to school in a more urban environment instead of a small, rural campus?

What if IU is compared to KU? And what if the comparison extends to playing with other elite players? And what if he wants to go to school in a more urban environment instead of a small, rural campus?

I was not replying to you. I wanted the poster to explain his response. KU wasn't mentioned and would be a different discussion.

Bloomington is not rural anymore than West Lafayette, Lawrence, Iowa City, State College, Athens, or Gainesville are.

Last edited:
Reactions: mazz
Has RL explicitly stated he prefers a urban environment?

Bloomington is not rural anymore than West Lafayette, Lawrence, Iowa City, State College, Athens, or Gainseville are.
Ever been to any of those places? Your posting strongly suggests your world view doesn't stray much beyond south central Indiana. Maybe Langdord's does, or maybe he'd like to expand his horizons a bit.

IU compares well in the factors mentioned to virtually any school, & it’s not even close with Vandy. You can, of course, throw any number of other factors in to suit your own argument.

Reactions: IUgradman
Ever been to any of those places? Your posting strongly suggests your world view doesn't stray much beyond south central Indiana. Maybe Langdord's does, or maybe he'd like to expand his horizons a bit.

You are an insufferable prick. Bloomington is also fifty minutes from a metro area of two million people. It is not rural.

Pullman, Washington is rural. Corvallis, Oregon is rural. Manhattan, Kansas is rural. Las Cruces, New Mexico is rural.

Last edited:
You are an insufferable prick. Bloomington is also fifty minutes from a metro area of two million people. It is not rural.

Looking at his post history, he’s an obvious troll, just not sure where from. Probably PU, but the Vandy trolls are just as thick these days. Unless it’s a new handle for fpeaugh, similar posting style. Not sure if they share the same agenda.

I've been to all of them except Athens, GA within the past 3 years and I agree with the statement. As a matter of fact, I'd bet they're all within 50k of each other population wise.

IU compares well in the factors mentioned to virtually any school, & it’s not even close with Vandy. You can, of course, throw any number of other factors in to suit your own argument.
It's not my "argument" that matters any more than it's the slanted one concocted by people here. Only Langford's criteria matter. That's why "maybe" was carefully inserted in my rhetorical questions. And whether IU "compares well" is quite subjective. Trust me, not everyone agrees with your perspective.

Pullman, Washington is rural. Corvallis, Oregon is rural. Manhattan, Kansas is rural. Las Cruces, New Mexico is rural.
And you're not terribly bright, but neither is relevant to the discussion, is it?

It's not my "argument" that matters any more than it's the slanted one concocted by people here. Only Langford's criteria matter. That's why "maybe" was carefully inserted in my rhetorical questions. And whether IU "compares well" is quite subjective. Trust me, not everyone agrees with your perspective.

Certainly, fans of other schools such as you would not feel as such. But you’d be wrong...

Dr. Martin Seligman has researched personal happiness for 40 years and finds no difference in the live satisfaction scale whether you live in a cosmopolitan urban area or small town America. People in sunny Miami or hip Nashville are no more happier than gloomy Buffalo or rural Indiana. People adapt to where they live very quickly and return to a happiness set point based mostly on internal factors. Let's put this myth to rest.

No, you're a fraud Ord. And the poster didn't ask you the question. He asked the troll from Vandy. So why don't you stay the eff out of the way. The rest of us are waiting to hear the answer from the party to whom the question was asked.
The only fraud would be someone who falsely claimed to be both a teacher and a coach while actually being neither. Teachers can spell basic words and construct simple sentences while coaches know sports and the fundamentals that underlie them. Please take a seat.

Dr. Martin Seligman has researched personal happiness for 40 years and finds no difference in the live satisfaction scale whether you live in a cosmopolitan urban area or small town America. People in sunny Miami or hip Nashville are no more happier than gloomy Buffalo or rural Indiana. People adapt to where they live very quickly and return to a happiness set point based mostly on internal factors. Let's put this myth to rest.
When are you relocating to Guam?

Liar. Look at your post history, no pro-IU posts. That’s not what I’d call balanced.
So, your litmus test for an IU fan is to provide simplistic, cheerleading posts on an IU forum and / or "balance", whatever that is?

So, your litmus test for an IU fan is to provide simplistic, cheerleading posts on an IU forum and / or "balance", whatever that is?

You claimed to have a balanced view. There is no evidence as such. About as balanced as Fox News. You’re not an IU fan, time to make another new handle & be smarter about your trolling...

You claimed to have a balanced view. There is no evidence as such. About as balanced as Fox News. You’re not an IU fan, time to make another new handle & be smarter about your trolling...
I'm hardly surprised that someone like you would see it that way.

Small rural campus?

You are seriously ill informed. Bloomington is not the size of Nashville but it is an 85,000 person city. It is the 7th largest city in the state. Bloomington is not "rural" by any definition.

Small rural campus?

You are seriously ill informed.
Small town campus in a more rural setting? Not sure how you could reasonably characterize it as anything other than that. IU is a large campus but is clearly in a small town / rural setting.

Small town campus in a more rural setting? Not sure how you could reasonably characterize it as anything other than that. IU is a large campus but is clearly in a small town / rural setting.

Bloomington is around the 400th largest city in the country. It may have a "small town" feel but it is not one.

Bloomington is around the 400th largest city in the country. It may have a "small town" feel but it is not one.
Much smaller than Nashville and even a bit smaller than Lawrence, Kansas. Saying it isn't "small" is a matter of perspective, I guess.

Bloomington is near Indianapolis and that is the point.
I've been to Lawrence several times and I've been to Bloomington - obviously since I attended IU. Lawrence is no more urban than IU except that it's a little closer to Kansas City than Bloomington is to Indianapolis.

So there doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter from Vanderbilt now that Romeo's visit there has ended...curious....thought we'd be hearing rumors of a silent verbal by now...

Reactions: MKordIUBB
They will probably be pretty good next year if they land Romeo. Heck of a recruiting class it would be. IU will be pretty good next year if they land him too.

NIT Regional champions ..

So there doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter from Vanderbilt now that Romeo's visit there has ended...curious....thought we'd be hearing rumors of a silent verbal by now...
Actually, a source along the Nile River who is 3rd descendants of the wife of the guy who discovered King Tut’s Tomb is cousins of a guy who lives in the USA who knows a guy that is 3rd cousins with Bryce Drew’s ex girlfriend who happens to think Romeo is going to Kansas. Sorry everybody.

Actually, a source along the Nile River who is 3rd descendants of the wife of the guy who discovered King Tut’s Tomb is cousins of a guy who lives in the USA who knows a guy that is 3rd cousins with Bryce Drew’s ex girlfriend who happens to think Romeo is going to Kansas. Sorry everybody.
Dang...those sources are solid...

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Just went their and saw some thread titles, but they were all behind I paywall so I couldn’t see them.

Their insider is basically saying it is a done deal for Romeo to go to Vandy after talking to someone connected to the Nashville AAU circuit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT