ADVERTISEMENT

Kaufman Announcement Date Set for 10-30

Almost 10 years ago (Emmitt Holt). It's almost like Purdue hasn't had a former basketball player found passed out at the wheel intoxicated. Oh wait...

I am fully aware of what he was incorrectly referring to. He intentionally misrepresented the story because he is an embittered IU-obsessed troll just like ordy who you for some reason continue to entertain here.

Purdue Pete on the other hand (allegedly) got hammered, picked a fight and then rammed the victim with his car. Then lied about it. At least according to witnesses working at the mcdonalds, the Laffy popo and the PU newspaper...the exponent.

Almost 10 years ago (Emmitt Holt). It's almost like Purdue hasn't had a former basketball player found passed out at the wheel intoxicated. Oh wait...

200.gif

I don't know who Ivey is. You did get Furst, how did Romeo, TJD and Lander work out for PU tho? It would be a smart pick to chose IU over PU for TK if you look at recent history.

Lol at not knowing who Ivey is.

I’d say not landing those guys so far hasn’t been a big deal at all for Purdue seeing as how they collectively have 0 ncaa tournament wins.

I am fully aware of what he was incorrectly referring to. He intentionally misrepresented the story because he is an embittered IU-obsessed troll just like ordy who you for some reason continue to entertain here.

Purdue Pete on the other hand (allegedly) got hammered, picked a fight and then rammed the victim with his car. Then lied about it. At least according to witnesses working at the mcdonalds, the Laffy popo and the PU newspaper...the exponent.

Purdue Pete? Really?

Good Grief, the kid lives in WL and wants to have a good time. Cut him some slack.

I’d say not landing those guys so far hasn’t been a big deal at all for Purdue seeing as how they collectively have 0 ncaa tournament wins.

Is Ivey supposed to be some household name? I mean I know who he is, played on a good AAU team and transferred to LaLu for his senior year, but do people really think Ivey is going to come in and average 15 a game as a freshman?

Don't get me wrong, he's a very explosive athlete with a good skill set but rail thin who is probably at least a year or two in the weight room away from being a big time player.

Is Ivey supposed to be some household name? I mean I know who he is, played on a good AAU team and transferred to LaLu for his senior year, but do people really think Ivey is going to come in and average 15 a game as a freshman?

Don't get me wrong, he's a very explosive athlete with a good skill set but rail thin who is probably at least a year or two in the weight room away from being a big time player.

The best player in his class until Lander reclassified? Yeah I’d say he’s a household name. Never said he’d average 15 a game (hell E’Twaun averaged 13) but I’m guessing he’ll start maybe not day 1 but at some point. Guy’s a stud. Rail thin isn’t accurate either. That’s be Isaiah Thompson.

Reactions: HOOOOOOOOOSERZ

I have never heard Iveys name before. I don't follow the recruiting aspect very much tho to be fair. Impossible not to hear about Romeo TJD's ....Maybe because of Covid, but TK seems to be getting almost just as much attention as a TJD for example. So That is why I am saying odds are IU.

Completely disingenuous to compare slavery in pre- and post-colonial NA, and it has been "discussed" in many publications despite what the review states. Similarly, while slavery has existed for millennia, and irrespective of efforts to rationalize its existence in the US because we weren't the first or 'everyone was doing it', the United States is alone in its distinction for effectively turning it into a national industry during that 'modern' era and the lengths it went to replace/maintain a labor force coincident with the systematic annihilation of indigenous peoples.

Little about the practice of slavery as initiated by Columbus and his son has precedence either in terms of scale or investment, and certainly not during or after that era in history. One could also argue that genocide was practiced before the Nazis distinguished themselves by surpassing their predecessors, although I've never seen any attribution for the practice enjoying "popular acceptance". (Guess nobody bothered to interview the victims.)

Reviewer also refers to slavery in the past tense. That would come as news to the UN and a number of NGOs still toiling to eliminate it. Hope the book recounts the reality better than the review.
Truth be said...the book had little to do with slavery...just some facts that most people don't know...and "some patterns" through time For the most part the book has to do with "culture" and how people take the culture with them to a different location or how isolation has led to the downfall of various cultures/races etc.. It has to do with values and how those have changed due to some politics as well as some carried over to different geographical areas. I think if you read (like I said) several reviews you will get a taste. That makes much more sense than "feeling" you understand the book b ased upon another's understandings of what was picked up new to that person. I doubt that person listed what he or she thought they knew as he or she probably considered "that" typical understandings and instead revealed the discoveries he or she found.

BTW, you really aren't trying to attack Thomas Sowell's understandings are you? I mean he is pretty much universally acclaimed as a brilliant man and not to diminish your understanding, but there is nobody that participates in "any rivals" forum of the same stature. One of the truly great minds alive today...driven by data rather than feelings...as we all should be...

This was always the advantage that RMK had in his heyday.

RMK was never going to get all of the recruits, because many didn't want to play for him, due to his personality.

But, indiana high school kids knew that IU was a great place to go if they wanted to experience high level success and win national championships.
Knight lost one recruiting battle to Purdue for an Indiana kid in his 29 year tenure. That’s pretty dominant.

Painter routinely gets out-recruited just for Indiana kids against schools like Xavier, Michigan State, Louisville, etc. It has nothing to do with Purdue/West Lafayette (East Lansing ain't any better) and everything to do with Painter's style and approach. It doesn't help that Painter doesn't have a name brand player in the NBA. I've talked to several high school and AAU coaches over the years who have all echoed this. Brutally honest coach who recruits system kids that he develops well and gets the most out of, but not somebody that blue chippers are attracted too. You can argue against that all you want but his track record speaks for itself.
Blue chipper like Caleb Swanigan who became a first team consensus AA and B1G10 POY? Ok. Sounds good. If anything Painter’s batting 1.000 with elite recruits!

It’s like you guys touting IU’s NBA development when you guys have fvcking sucked with NBA talent on your roster. Like you really take credit for Romeo Langford going in the lottery. 🤣😂🤣😂 you people are mental. It’s actually impressive he stayed in the lottery in spite of IU. Sheesh. Watching Romeo and TJD in an Archie led offense is nauseating. You guys don’t score any points. Talk about an unattractive play style!

I don't know who Ivey is. You did get Furst, how did Romeo, TJD and Lander work out for PU tho? It would be a smart pick to chose IU over PU for TK if you look at recent history.
You got Romeo and TJD and what happened? You get swept by Purdue and didn’t make the tournament... what’s the point of bragging about those players if you shit the bed with them?

The best player in his class until Lander reclassified? Yeah I’d say he’s a household name. Never said he’d average 15 a game (hell E’Twaun averaged 13) but I’m guessing he’ll start maybe not day 1 but at some point. Guy’s a stud. Rail thin isn’t accurate either. That’s be Isaiah Thompson.

The average IU fan isn't going to know who Jaden Ivey is, considering IU didn't offer him, let alone recruit him. He played on an average basketball team in the Northern part of the state through his junior year and transferred to a prep school. He's a fringe top 100 recruit, not a burger boy with prestigious offers.

Forgive some people.

You got Romeo and TJD and what happened? You get swept by Purdue and didn’t make the tournament... what’s the point of bragging about those players if you shit the bed with them?
Why the F are you even over here? blocked. Don't want to see this garbage when I come here.

Reactions: kkott
Blue chipper like Caleb Swanigan who became a first team consensus AA and B1G10 POY? Ok. Sounds good. If anything Painter’s batting 1.000 with elite recruits!

It’s like you guys touting IU’s NBA development when you guys have fvcking sucked with NBA talent on your roster. Like you really take credit for Romeo Langford going in the lottery. 🤣😂🤣😂 you people are mental. It’s actually impressive he stayed in the lottery in spite of IU. Sheesh. Watching Romeo and TJD in an Archie led offense is nauseating. You guys don’t score any points. Talk about an unattractive play style!

The only blue chipper Painter has ever landed. And he can't make an NCAA roster. And he came to Purdue with a major assist to his guardian. What's Painter's record in recruiting against the rest? Couldn't land Gary Harris nor the son of arguably the greatest player to ever come through Purdue.

The average IU fan isn't going to know who Jaden Ivey is, considering IU didn't offer him, let alone recruit him. He played on an average basketball team in the Northern part of the state through his junior year and transferred to a prep school. He's a fringe top 100 recruit, not a burger boy with prestigious offers.

Forgive some people.
The average IU fan is now happy with a top half of the BiG finish, too. Times, and expectations, have changed.

The only blue chipper Painter has ever landed. And he can't make an NCAA roster. And he came to Purdue with a major assist to his guardian. What's Painter's record in recruiting against the rest? Couldn't land Gary Harris nor the son of arguably the greatest player to ever come through Purdue.
I’m not going to quibble with the context behind those recruitments. You’re painting a super complex topic in black and white simply to advance your delusional narrative.

Like I said... IU has all this NBA talent in recent years and does NOTHING WITH IT. Fvcking pathetic. Feel bad for TJD and Romeo who play on dog shit teams wasting their talent away. Good grief. Archie Miller’s offensive system is nonexistent. I have no clue what he even runs. Why would any elite player want to play for him? You’re lucky you still have the big national brand pull because it’s been bailing out that midget on the sideline.

What a bunch of BS drivel on here! I couldn't care less what IU fans think about MP's recruiting/coaching ability nor do I care about AM's recruiting/coaching ability. Both would not be at this level if they were not capable good coaches. Trying to convince your rival that your school/coach is better than theirs is elementary school banter.

The only thing I know is Friday someone, hopefully Purdue, is going to get a special basketball player and a very mature young man.

Ok back to whatever soap opera this has become.

Reactions: kkott
I’m not going to quibble with the context behind those recruitments. You’re painting a super complex topic in black and white simply to advance your delusional narrative.

Like I said... IU has all this NBA talent in recent years and does NOTHING WITH IT. Fvcking pathetic. Feel bad for TJD and Romeo who play on dog shit teams wasting their talent away. Good grief. Archie Miller’s offensive system is nonexistent. I have no clue what he even runs. Why would any elite player want to play for him? You’re lucky you still have the big national brand pull because it’s been bailing out that midget on the sideline.

You may have the single worst case of little man's syndrome we have seen since Ordy.

How did you get this embittered and needy?

...and that one was an arranged marriage via a sponsor.

With all due respect, please leave it to IU fans to be critical of our team/offense on this board. Bash us all you want on the PU forum, whatever it’s called.

You’re going to trigger the troll(s) again.

Well, if your goal is to make the NBA, you can point to blue chippers like Romeo, Gordon, Cody, TJD, and evenYogi was highly rated, but I think many were surprised he made it on an NBA roster. Or, you can point to guys who developed into NBA prospects like Thomas Bryant, OG, Juwan, Troy Williams and Victor. So if you want to make the NBA, it would seem IU has a good track record. But, you're right, we've been pretty bad overall with much of that talent, so I guess if you want to compete for an NCAA championship you'd go to... wait that's not Purdue either. What's your selling point again?

With all due respect, please leave it to IU fans to be critical of our team/offense on this board. Bash us all you want on the PU forum, whatever it’s called.

The PU trolls here and ordy are still upset by IU's W vs PSU. They need to bolster their self esteem this way. Predictable.

Truth be said...the book had little to do with slavery...just some facts that most people don't know...and "some patterns" through time For the most part the book has to do with "culture" and how people take the culture with them to a different location or how isolation has led to the downfall of various cultures/races etc.. It has to do with values and how those have changed due to some politics as well as some carried over to different geographical areas. I think if you read (like I said) several reviews you will get a taste. That makes much more sense than "feeling" you understand the book b ased upon another's understandings of what was picked up new to that person. I doubt that person listed what he or she thought they knew as he or she probably considered "that" typical understandings and instead revealed the discoveries he or she found.

BTW, you really aren't trying to attack Thomas Sowell's understandings are you? I mean he is pretty much universally acclaimed as a brilliant man and not to diminish your understanding, but there is nobody that participates in "any rivals" forum of the same stature. One of the truly great minds alive today...driven by data rather than feelings...as we all should be...

Never heard of him, and if you read carefully you'd have noted that I made it a point to distinguish between the review/reviewer and the book/author - my criticism was specific and confined to the former. Not sure why there'd be such a disconnect between a reviewer and an author unless it was an unofficial review.

As for the "...there is nobody that participates in "any rivals" forum of the same stature." bit - historically, "stature', academic or otherwise has frequently been a really shitty barometer for wisdom (just consider all the lofty and enlightened individuals that once embraced slavery), and the fact is you're talking out of your ass on this one. You have no idea, outside of perhaps a couple friends, who I or anyone else on the network is in the 'real' world.

Just looked and Wiki says he's a self-proclaimed libertarian and modern free-market proponent who believes systemic racism "is an untested, questionable hypothesis that is a piece of propaganda pushed on the American people". Wow. The fact he's with the Hoover Instititution pretty much says that any any "stature" he enjoys is largely exclusive to those of the red, ultra-conservative persuasion. Now I understand why the reviewer was so gushy. Hard pass - revisionist history and rightwing BS just aren't my things, but then you're a pU guy. GLWT.

Reactions: tjreese
What a bunch of BS drivel on here! I couldn't care less what IU fans think about MP's recruiting/coaching ability nor do I care about AM's recruiting/coaching ability. Both would not be at this level if they were not capable good coaches. Trying to convince your rival that your school/coach is better than theirs is elementary school banter.

The only thing I know is Friday someone, hopefully Purdue, is going to get a special basketball player and a very mature young man.

Ok back to whatever soap opera this has become.
So you took the time and effort to come to this board, read this thread, and then try to tell us you couldn't care less what we think? Ooookkkaaaay....

Forgive some people.

Yet he’s superior to both Leal and Galloway lol.

Superior might be a little strong. Ivey is a very good player, and is a great addition to Purdue. He was ranked higher, he might have even won Mr. Basketball if he had stayed instate. I think Leal and Galloway fit what Archie wants in his players.

As you get into the second ten, most objective and knowledgable observers would place Painter toward the top of that group.
I doubt that I would. And I think highly Matt Painter.

Of course, I might not meet your definition of objective and knowledgeable. 😋

I doubt that I would. And I think highly Matt Painter.

Of course, I might not meet your definition of objective and knowledgeable. 😋
Actually, you’re obviously both. And objective analysis typically gives way to subjective preferences when discussing lists and rankings. I was merely pushing back at a couple of posters who are so obsessed with running down Purdue that they’re unable to acknowledge Painter’s capabilities as a coach. They tend to be the same people who are happy with and defensive of the lowered standards for IU basketball.

I talked to a big name AAU coach that knows a lot about Caleb Furst. There are a lot of people who think his ceiling is extremely low. He made a name for himself beating up on smaller guys. But since he’s played guys his size he’s struggled. A quote I’ve been told.

“Hes closer to a 3 star than a 5 star.”

There isn’t a damn thing that Purdue is doing that keeps me up at night. I want all the Purdue fans on here to know that.

The only local program I have envy for, would be Kentucky. Although they underachieve quite a bit, they won a National Championship and have been to a handful of Final Fours and Elite 8s. Not to mention the basket full of SEC Championships.

What the hell has Purdue actually done lately besides beaten us? Congrats. They need to hang a banner for that.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Yet he’s superior to both Leal and Galloway lol.

Perhaps you can sell this scat on GBI but you are going to get some snickers over here.

GBI has one advantage tough. If an IU poster came to GBI and posted the crap you, lowbrowcut, and Ordy(username#42) have over here they would be gone by post #2.

No wonder this place turns into a cesspool every November.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
So you took the time and effort to come to this board, read this thread, and then try to tell us you couldn't care less what we think? Ooookkkaaaay....
No I came over to see if there was any news on Kaufman and seen the cesspool on this page created by both sides. That is all, no reason to get snippy about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT