ADVERTISEMENT

Just burn it to the damn ground. JFC.

Exactly, the inevitable was coming. It was a dumb shot, but could have dropped.

You can’t win a game like that with the all Xanax team.

Recruit some f’kn guards man.

Bench points = 0. Just unreal
There were numerous worse shots, he is a shooter and made a steal if the shot had gone down could have changed the outcome but it did't. If he hadn't been leaning forward instead of going straight up it wasnt a bad shot or nearly as bad as several of Bates and JHS shots at least he went up confident vs Bates just throwing it at the basket.

Reactions: DANC
I think Kopps 1 on 3 trey after the steal from 25 feet was sorta the turning point, if there was one.

but truth be told, MIA was always on the verge of housing us. they're better.
Yeah, that game hinged on the 200 putback points they got too.

I think Kopps 1 on 3 trey after the steal from 25 feet was sorta the turning point, if there was one.

but truth be told, MIA was always on the verge of housing us. they're better.

Kopp shouldn’t be pulling the trigger at all unless he’s standing in the corner with no one around him. That lean in garbage on the fast break totally changed the momentum.

Reactions: Zeester
Chicken shit viewpoint…

Wong is better than our guards in a lot of ways. Pack isn’t. And none of the rest are either. There was 1 NBA first round guard in the game tonight. And he wasn’t wearing green.

They were better tonight because of energy and focus.

Just accepting that is weak.
You clearly haven’t watched Miami this year. Wong was the ACC player of the year and Pack would have started every game for the Hoosiers this year.

For 2 years we have watched the Hoosiers afraid to pull the trigger from behind the arc when they had wide open shots. And tonight they took all kinds of three-point shots that they had no business taking. Can't blame Woody for players basic lack of awareness.

Well, now it's time for football and hearing how the goal is to go to the Rose Bowl.

I agree. But one stat that jumped off the page that won’t get a lot of publicity is not a single player other than Trayce made a FT the entire game. And perhaps even more impressive in a bad way is Trey was the only other player to attempt one. Not a single IU player other than Trayce even attempted a free throw in the entire second half. The other stat that jumps off the page is ZERO bench points. Frankly, these have both been an issue entire season and when it comes tourney time, your issues are exposed and tonight they were expose for sure. But like you said, the story was the rebounds / 2nd chance points.
Trey looked like he was throwing a shot put his three misses, like he was just trying to hit the rim, too tired for finesse. He was 0-3, his first miss the front end of a one and one. So many players disappointed us in this game. Well, Purdue fans feel a little better tonight.

Reactions: 82hoosier
This game was one Gernonimo should have seen more minutes. Simply to an athletic presence for defensive rebounding. I would have sent him in and told him his sole purpose was to grab rebounds. Be an animal and help the team out on glass.
More? Did I miss him getting any?

You clearly haven’t watched Miami this year. Wong was the ACC player of the year and Pack would have started every game for the Hoosiers this year.
About 4-5 games. Including their loss in ACC tourney and very mediocre performance against Drake two days ago. They’re susceptible to average play when they’re guarded well and challenged.

Wong is legit. No doubt. Pack is prone to inconsistency. And the rest are similar to ours. Better guards than ours, for sure. But we’ve outplayed really good backcourts at times this year.

They played harder. They wanted it more. And they’re consistently more solid. Just accepting this loss as “the better” team won is chicken shit. The team with more energy, focus, and effort won tonight. When those things define “better”, there are foundational problems in your program. And just accepting it is weak.

Now that TJD and JHS will be gone, the picknroll offense should be mostly scrapped from the playbook! No more 1 on 1 with everyone else standing around in the corners! I’d love to see a motion offense installed with backscreens and backcuts to the basket! I dont recall seeing any off the ball backscreens from this years team at all the whole season! CMW needs to realize his NbA schemes dont work that well at the college level!

Now that TJD and JHS will be gone, the picknroll offense should be mostly scrapped from the playbook! No more 1 on 1 with everyone else standing around in the corners! I’d love to see a motion offense installed with backscreens and backcuts to the basket! I dont recall seeing any off the ball backscreens from this years team at all the whole season! CMW needs to realize his NbA schemes dont work that well at the college level!
He’s not going to change. He is what he is- a mediocre coach.

About 4-5 games. Including their loss in ACC tourney and very mediocre performance against Drake two days ago. They’re susceptible to average play when they’re guarded well and challenged.

Wong is legit. No doubt. Pack is prone to inconsistency. And the rest are similar to ours. Better guards than ours, for sure. But we’ve outplayed really good backcourts at times this year.

They played harder. They wanted it more. And they’re consistently more solid. Just accepting this loss as “the better” team won is chicken shit. The team with more energy, focus, and effort won tonight. When those things define “better”, there are foundational problems in your program. And just accepting it is weak.
You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. The trio of Wong/Pack/Miller average 45 a night and aside from Baylor, they arguably have the best back court in the country. The tournament is a guards game and they had the better back court by a mile and have all year.

You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. The trio of Wong/Pack/Miller average 45 a night and aside from Baylor, they arguably have the best back court in the country. The tournament is a guards game and they had the better back court by a mile and have all year.
Miller is their 4 man…and was matched up on Race most of the night. Even took it to TJD late in the game. He’s not a guard, by any definition of the word. Even if you say they run 4 around 1…he still isn’t a guard. He’s a stretch 4.

By your logic, JHS and TJD average close to 40, 15, and 10. That’s probably the best “backcourt” in the country.

No…their actual backcourt is Wong, Pack, and 2-3 supporting players.

Wong is legit. Better than any backcourt guy we have. But he struggled against Drake. Struggled at times against big, athletic guards…guys that look like JHS and Galloway, as examples. Pack is streaky. They’re better overall. But not enough better to do what they did to us tonight.

1-5 or so, their backcourt is better. But much of that advantage isn’t talent based, it’s that they play faster, stronger, and with more effort.

There were numerous worse shots, he is a shooter and made a steal if the shot had gone down could have changed the outcome but it did't. If he hadn't been leaning forward instead of going straight up it wasnt a bad shot or nearly as bad as several of Bates and JHS shots at least he went up confident vs Bates just throwing it at the basket.
It was bad because he didn't stop and go straight up. There's no excuse for someone with Kopp's experience to do that. Even my wife comments "he's gonna miss" when he shoots like that!

It was bad because he didn't stop and go straight up. There's no excuse for someone with Kopp's experience to do that. Even my wife comments "he's gonna miss" when he shoots like that!
If you watched Alford he came down in the same spot he took off from.

Miller is their 4 man…and was matched up on Race most of the night. Even took it to TJD late in the game. He’s not a guard, by any definition of the word. Even if you say they run 4 around 1…he still isn’t a guard. He’s a stretch 4.

By your logic, JHS and TJD average close to 40, 15, and 10. That’s probably the best “backcourt” in the country.

No…their actual backcourt is Wong, Pack, and 2-3 supporting players.

Wong is legit. Better than any backcourt guy we have. But he struggled against Drake. Struggled at times against big, athletic guards…guys that look like JHS and Galloway, as examples. Pack is streaky. They’re better overall. But not enough better to do what they did to us tonight.

1-5 or so, their backcourt is better. But much of that advantage isn’t talent based, it’s that they play faster, stronger, and with more effort.
He’s listed as a guard at 6’7 190 lbs. He’s a wing that can play at all 3 levels. If you play out on the perimeter, you’re a guard. Miller is a guard. Deal with it. Their guards kicked our ass on both ends of the floor tonight just like they’ve done to just about every team they’ve played this year.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Kopp does too most of the time, certainly the ones he makes. It's a failure on somebody's part that he still does that. Literally every time he doesn't go straight up he misses.
That shot just isn’t a part of his game. He likely got caught up in the moment. It was during the run, he just ripped a steal away…

There aren’t many college level players that should ever take that shot. It’s incredibly difficult to hit a 23 foot three in transition off the dribble. Bad decision on his part. We’d have still lost though had he made the right choice and went all the way to the basket, or kicked it to someone else.

We’ve got one NCAA tournament win since 2016. One! We’ve got one sweet 16 in the last decade. One!

We can sit here and spam the board making fun of Purdue until we’re blue in the face, but we’ve got serious problems as well. They’ve won twice as many tournament games as we have while losing to those three double digit seeds.

I’m absolutely disgusted tonight. This tournament was for the taking and we lay a freaking egg to Miami. By two touchdowns! And this isn’t the Orange Bowl in the late 80s. When will this younger generations of our fanbase see any damn success? I’ll be grey at the pace we’re going.

Ugh. Next year going to be any better? Hopefully JHS returns. He could use another year.
Dumb. But we will have a whole new team, so part of your wish will be true. This is emotion talking.

That shot just isn’t a part of his game. He likely got caught up in the moment. It was during the run, he just ripped a steal away…

There aren’t many college level players that should ever take that shot. It’s incredibly difficult to hit a 23 foot three in transition off the dribble. Bad decision on his part. We’d have still lost though had he made the right choice and went all the way to the basket, or kicked it to someone else.
If he hit it it couldve been a game changer, however on the scale of bad plays it wasnt the top one by several. I cut him a little slck because he made the steal vs someone else making the steal and passing it to him for a bad shot. The shot wasn't bad he just shot it bad. Not like Bates chucking from near half court

I agree. Would have been huge but really tough shot. Our problems were multi-factorial and go far deeper than his decision to take that single particular shot.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I agree. Would have been huge but really tough shot. Our problems were multi-factorial and go far deeper than his decision to take that single particular shot.
He doesn't hit the 3 from the corner right before half we might not have even been there . He did make some good plays vs a few others

Reactions: Hoosiervannah
He’s listed as a guard at 6’7 190 lbs. He’s a wing that can play at all 3 levels. If you play out on the perimeter, you’re a guard. Miller is a guard. Deal with it. Their guards kicked our ass on both ends of the floor tonight just like they’ve done to just about every team they’ve played this year
Ha ha. “Deal with it”.

He actually played much more like a guard throughout the year than he did tonight. Tonight he was a power forward. He didn’t have to handle the ball. He didn’t have to shoot it from the perimeter. He took his 6-7, 190 ass down in to the post and beat the hell out of our 6th year…legit power forward senior, and at the end of the game our All American center.

For a “guard” to be able to do that?! I’ll expect him to be a top 5 pick in the draft this summer.

They did beat our ass on both ends tonight. I’ll agree with that. But it wasn’t mainly because they’re just “better”. It was effort and intensity. We have a first round NBA guard standing on the other side. We have a former 4/5 star. We have a solid 5th year senior. We have a solid, 6-5, athletic, usually high energy guy.

If we had marched their energy and intensity. We’d have beaten them.

Ha ha. “Deal with it”.

He actually played much more like a guard throughout the year than he did tonight. Tonight he was a power forward. He didn’t have to handle the ball. He didn’t have to shoot it from the perimeter. He took his 6-7, 190 ass down in to the post and beat the hell out of our 6th year…legit power forward senior, and at the end of the game our All American center.

For a “guard” to be able to do that?! I’ll expect him to be a top 5 pick in the draft this summer.

They did beat our ass on both ends tonight. I’ll agree with that. But it wasn’t mainly because they’re just “better”. It was effort and intensity. We have a first round NBA guard standing on the other side. We have a former 4/5 star. We have a solid 5th year senior. We have a solid, 6-5, athletic, usually high energy guy.

If we had marched their energy and intensity. We’d have beaten them.
2 minutes ago ago you just said he wasn’t a guard by any definition of the word, so which is it? Regardless, Miami has been a fringe top 10 KenPom offensive efficiency team all year and the exact kind of team that IU has struggled with all year. Had we matched their energy and intensity no doubt it’s a ball game, but at the end of the day their guards hit shots all game and ours didn’t and that’s the quickest way to get bounced in this kind of setting.

But you’re selling Miami and their coaching staff awfully short suggesting the only reason they won is because they out-hustled us. They put on an offensive clinic for about 85% of the game.

It’s not an excuse for anything? Who said that? But acting like Miami was some mid-major team who was expected to rollover just shows yours or anyone’s lack of knowledge towards tonight’s opponent.

Who the hell said anything like that about Miami? It was a 4/5 matchup in the tourney.... the teams were about as equal on paper, analytics, etc... as you can get.

One came out and competed hard with a good scheme from the opening tip. The other looked like a disheveled mess for the vast majority of the game. Getting beat isn't frustrating. Getting beat the way they were beat tonight is difficult to swallow. Not like they just shot the ball unconsciously from outside, or were hitting prayers. The first 10 mins were a layup drill

They beat our ass badly on rudimentary fundamentals, such as boxing out your man.

They beat our ass on scheme from the start.

We weren't out-talented.

We’ve got one NCAA tournament win since 2016. One! We’ve got one sweet 16 in the last decade. One!

We can sit here and spam the board making fun of Purdue until we’re blue in the face, but we’ve got serious problems as well. They’ve won twice as many tournament games as we have while losing to those three double digit seeds.

I’m absolutely disgusted tonight. This tournament was for the taking and we lay a freaking egg to Miami. By two touchdowns! And this isn’t the Orange Bowl in the late 80s. When will this younger generations of our fanbase see any damn success? I’ll be grey at the pace we’re going.

Ugh. Next year going to be any better? Hopefully JHS returns. He could use another year.
Pretty depessing. Without trace who the heck will we run the offense through.

2 minutes ago ago you just said he wasn’t a guard by any definition of the word, so which is it? Regardless, Miami has been a fringe top 10 KenPom offensive efficiency team all year and the exact kind of team that IU has struggled with all year. Had we matched their energy and intensity no doubt it’s a ball game, but at the end of the day their guards hit shots all game and ours didn’t and that’s the quickest way to get bounced in this kind of setting.

But you’re selling Miami and their coaching staff awfully short suggesting the only reason they won is because they out-hustled us. They put on an offensive clinic for about 85% of the game.
I didn’t say any of that. I said saying we just lost to a “better team” is chicken shit.

Our KenPom was better than theirs, overall. The combination of our bigs and perimeter guys, and theirs…and I say we’re as good or better.

The punked us though. Not a 1 point game like KenPom predicted. Not 1.5 like Vegas. They beat our ass.

KenPom and Vegas didn’t think they were “just better”…so I think you using that to explain away the loss is chicken shit.

Maybe you’re just saying that because there isn’t much point in being too negative? We obviously don’t effect anything venting on this fan board.

Who the hell said anything like that about Miami? It was a 4/5 matchup in the tourney.... the teams were about as equal on paper, analytics, etc... as you can get.

One came out and competed hard with a good scheme from the opening tip. The other looked like a disheveled mess for the vast majority of the game. Getting beat isn't frustrating. Getting beat the way they were beat tonight is difficult to swallow. Not like they just shot the ball unconsciously from outside, or were hitting prayers. The first 10 mins were a layup drill

They beat our ass badly on rudimentary fundamentals, such as boxing out your man.

They beat our ass on scheme from the start.

We weren't out-talented.
Very true. A drake team stuck with them til the end. It wasnt talent

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT