ADVERTISEMENT

Just burn it to the damn ground. JFC.

Wiedersehen

Junior
Jan 6, 2019
We’ve got one NCAA tournament win since 2016. One! We’ve got one sweet 16 in the last decade. One!

We can sit here and spam the board making fun of Purdue until we’re blue in the face, but we’ve got serious problems as well. They’ve won twice as many tournament games as we have while losing to those three double digit seeds.

I’m absolutely disgusted tonight. This tournament was for the taking and we lay a freaking egg to Miami. By two touchdowns! And this isn’t the Orange Bowl in the late 80s. When will this younger generations of our fanbase see any damn success? I’ll be grey at the pace we’re going.

Ugh. Next year going to be any better? Hopefully JHS returns. He could use another year.

We’ve got one NCAA tournament win since 2016. One! We’ve got one sweet 16 in the last decade. One!

We can sit here and spam the board making fun of Purdue until we’re blue in the face, but we’ve got serious problems as well. They’ve won twice as many tournament games as we have while losing to those three double digit seeds.

I’m absolutely disgusted tonight. This tournament was for the taking and we lay a freaking egg to Miami. By two touchdowns! And this isn’t the Orange Bowl in the late 80s. When will this younger generations of our fanbase see any damn success? I’ll be grey at the pace we’re going.

Ugh. Next year going to be any better? Hopefully JHS returns. He could use another year.
We have two wins. Wyoming and Kent State in the last two years.

I think Kopps 1 on 3 trey after the steal from 25 feet was sorta the turning point, if there was one.

but truth be told, MIA was always on the verge of housing us. they're better.
That's the one I'm referring to. All down hill after that.

Horrid shot selection. Not sure Woodson is the right guy for the job. Go get Mussleman or McDermott.
Woodson isn't going anywhere..
He'll have to retire..
Hopefully it's like 2 or 3..yrs
And he doesn't decide to really ride that cash cow..
He's got whole lot of work to do.
To even make Indiana a tournament team next yr..

I think Kopps 1 on 3 trey after the steal from 25 feet was sorta the turning point, if there was one.

Yeah, they are just a better team and they played really well tonight. Not a whole lot of teams were going to beat them.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeester
Woodson isn't going anywhere..
He'll have to retire..
Hopefully it's like 2 or 3..yrs
And he doesn't decide to really ride that cash cow..
He's got whole lot of work to do.
To even make Indiana a tournament team next yr..

The fact that your last statement is even remotely true at IU is pathetic. What the hell happened to us?

Koop's hero three attempt..Was a complete mo killer.
We just get a bucket..We're up 5..
How about every shot that Tamar took tonight?
I think we had a small lead and Tamar thinks it is a great idea to come down and just launch a 3 from nearly midcourt. He is an absolute deficit to this team. Every time he touches the ball it’s frightening.

We’re gonna get a chance to see what Woody is all about next year.

I personally think we already know. He’s not a good game/college bball coach in more ways than he is good. And he does being good things! And we are improved, overall versus when he arrived. But man, we’ve been waaaaayyyyy too erratic. I suspect that’s because he isn’t a very good foundational, program builder. He’s never had to do it before. So I’m guessing he doesn’t know how to do it.

But, he’s had a very specific core group of players he’s been coaching. It is possible they’re the “problem”. I can’t stomach the notion that TJD is a problem, in any way. But others, I could be convinced I’m sure.

Well next year he won’t have hardly any of them. It’s all on him. Because if we’re as up and down and inconsistent next year, we might win less than 15 games all year.

Rebounding cost us the game
I agree. But one stat that jumped off the page that won’t get a lot of publicity is not a single player other than Trayce made a FT the entire game. And perhaps even more impressive in a bad way is Trey was the only other player to attempt one. Not a single IU player other than Trayce even attempted a free throw in the entire second half. The other stat that jumps off the page is ZERO bench points. Frankly, these have both been an issue entire season and when it comes tourney time, your issues are exposed and tonight they were expose for sure. But like you said, the story was the rebounds / 2nd chance points.

Exactly, the inevitable was coming. It was a dumb shot, but could have dropped.

You can’t win a game like that with the all Xanax team.

Recruit some f’kn guards man.

Bench points = 0. Just unreal

Exactly, the inevitable was coming. It was a dumb shot, but could have dropped.

You can’t win a game like that with the all Xanax team.

Bench points = 0. Just unreal

Exactly. Guards and upgrade 3 position. All of these need serious help. X being back will help. But I really don’t care for his on court antics. Concerning that banks and Gunn did not see more action this season. Would have helped a ton for next season.

Reactions: kmathum and DANC
The inability to block out was baffling. Some campers in the lane helped them
Every single thing that happened…and I’m worried will happen in the future, can be summed up by we’re just not consistently good, or bad, at anything.

We had multiple games this year where we ate up the boards, against better rebounding teams than Miami. But for whatever reason, the last 3 games we’ve been horrible on the boards. It cost us against PSU and Miami, we overcame it against Kent State.

Defense and rebounding are the “easiest” things to be consistently good at. Demand it early in your training camp days. Never let up on that. And it becomes a culture and habit. With TJD, Race, Malik, Jordan, and Kaleb…and athletic guards like JHS and Trey…that could have been a foundational thing Woody could have focused on…and we likely would have been dominant at it.

But alas, he didn’t…or wasn’t able to…and we get punked by lesser teams. Sucks.

Exactly. Guards and upgrade 3 position. All of these need serious help. X being back will help. But I really don’t care for his on court antics. Concerning that banks and Gunn did not see more action this season. Would have helped a ton for next season.

I’m concerned that you’re concerned that Banks didn’t play more.

Miami’s been tough all year. Their guards are leaps and bounds better than ours. We failed to utilize our size advantage inside and they outhustled us from the opening tip. Better team won tonight.
One of their guards, yes

Miami’s been tough all year. Their guards are leaps and bounds better than ours. We failed to utilize our size advantage inside and they outhustled us from the opening tip. Better team won tonight.
Chicken shit viewpoint…

Wong is better than our guards in a lot of ways. Pack isn’t. And none of the rest are either. There was 1 NBA first round guard in the game tonight. And he wasn’t wearing green.

They were better tonight because of energy and focus.

Just accepting that is weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT