ADVERTISEMENT

Just burn it to the damn ground. JFC.

They count as tournament games because they are. They are officially called the First Four, not play in games, and I shouldn’t have used that term. This is not my opinion this is a fact.

Still should be for the 16 spots, but that IS my opinion. ;)
I get it. There are three schools of thought here. Some say it should be only for the 16 seeds, but that doesn't make for compelling television for truTV. Others say it should be for the last eight at-larges, and while that's a lot more attractive for Turner, it kind of waters down the field of 64 and makes it easier for the 1s and 2s to advance, plus with eight at-larges coming primarily from the high majors, it does make slotting the field a bit more difficult in that the committee discourages regular season rematches in the First Four and Round of 64 (that if you recall is why we played WYO in the First Four last year, since we had already played ND and RUTG [being a fellow B1G member]).

So doing it the way they do it now with the worst four autobids and the last four at-larges, while not the most ideal, is a happy medium.

The original tournament was 32 teams. By that logic the entire first round doesn’t count
Well, if you really want to go old-school, the first tourney was only eight teams. :)

Reactions: MrBing
Once IU had a chance to extend a lead they went stupid and quit playing defense. Lack of coaching showed up again.
Other than TJD and JHS, the players suck. It's not coaching until you let Woodson remake the roster. This offseason they need to remake the roster from the portal. Bates and Geronimo need to go. Galloway isn't a starter and Leal handicaps the roster.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing
Whether you like it or not it counts. It was the play in for 11 seed too, which I think is wrong to do. Make all the 16s play in instead.
They're not playin games. Everyone gets that wrong because they're the first four games of the tournament and of course they count win or lose.

They count as tournament games because they are. They are officially called the First Four, not play in games, and I shouldn’t have used that term. This is not my opinion this is a fact.

Still should be for the 16 spots, but that IS my opinion. ;)
That is the right answer! 😃

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Other than TJD and JHS, the players suck. It's not coaching until you let Woodson remake the roster. This offseason they need to remake the roster from the portal. Bates and Geronimo need to go. Galloway isn't a starter and Leal handicaps the roster.
Leal doesn't handicap the roster. Nobody plays 13 guys at this level. Nobody.

How are you feeling today? As emotional as when you posted this? There are a lot of facts to consider. What you choose to focus on says a little about yourself. Maybe you can choose differently? Fact is, we were a dumpster fire from Archie’s doing. Hadn’t seen a tourney since 2016. Fact is, Woodson has improved us each of his first two years and gotten us to the tourney both years. Fact is, he got us further in the B1G tourney than we have been in some time (meh, not a big deal). Fact is, Woodson is a good coach. Now can he take us where we want to be?

Several people here have prayed to have a coach as good as Painter in recent years. And Woodson has changed that. People want more again. Guy has earned a chance to continue to work his magic. He gets one stumble (next year). And it better not be a big one. Those calling for his head are morons (yep my opinion and I stand by it).

Based on all the posts I have read, if he makes the tourney next year, he should get a lifetime appointment. If he does make the tourney next year, he most definitely deserves another couple of years. If he doesn’t, he deserves another. If things aren’t trending great, then it is fair to heavily question his employment. But what we need right now is to consistently be in the conversation. Each year the shiny new toy shows itself, and I don’t have the mentality of a 2yo like half the posters I’m on this board. That is all…
Work his magic? IU's average loss the last 2 NCAA's is by 24.5 points! 26 total losses the last two years! He's on Social Security!

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Work his magic? IU's average loss the last 2 NCAA's is by 24.5 points! 26 total losses the last two years! He's on Social Security!
Frdn49MXoAAlT5d.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: rocketo
You’re not usually a bad faith poster here. You shouldn’t start.
You tell me I'm a bad faith poster all the time. I forgive you, though, since you are the one who doesn't know the difference between opinion and fact.

You tell me I'm a bad faith poster all the time. I forgive you, though, since you are the one who doesn't know the difference between opinion and fact.
You only think that because you don’t. Let’s not do this on the basketball forum where we generally agree. I’m out.

Reactions: DANC
That’s what you got out of this? Just a phrase. Do his thing. That better?

We’ve got one NCAA tournament win since 2016. One! We’ve got one sweet 16 in the last decade. One!

We can sit here and spam the board making fun of Purdue until we’re blue in the face, but we’ve got serious problems as well. They’ve won twice as many tournament games as we have while losing to those three double digit seeds.

I’m absolutely disgusted tonight. This tournament was for the taking and we lay a freaking egg to Miami. By two touchdowns! And this isn’t the Orange Bowl in the late 80s. When will this younger generations of our fanbase see any damn success? I’ll be grey at the pace we’re going.

Ugh. Next year going to be any better? Hopefully JHS returns. He could use another year.
Plug it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT