ADVERTISEMENT

Judge puts Trump out of business in NY?

Actionable fraud takes more than overstating assets on a financial statement. If the banks didn’t take security interests in the real estate, they probably didn’t pay a lot of attention to those values anyway.
If the banks and insurance companies didn’t cry foul, I don’t get this whole deal.

WTF gets married three times? I know it happens, but the question still stands.

Are people that worried about growing old alone?

My last GF, we dated 18 months (broke up July of '22). She pressed me to get married in short order, and the answer was a hard no. A good amount of drama that eventually led to the breakup. It would've been her third, and it very much felt like someone who just didn't want to be alone.

My side of it, there were things like, she started to complain that I would go out after she was asleep, 8:30PM-9:00PM. Weekend nights we'd go out or stay in together. This would be work nights, and 100% of the time it would be me going to watch an NBA or NFL game, usually just Thursdays and Sundays.

She didn't understand how I could go out in Greenfield, where she lived, where I didn't know anyone else. Hard for her to understand how I could go out alone. So she tried to tell me I wasn't allowed to do it.

Keep in mind, she's asleep while I'm our in those situations. Not just asleep, tucked into bed. None of that was part of the aforementioned drama, but had it lasted as a pressing issue, it would've been. I haven't needed permission to leave the house since I was 14. It wasn't starting again at 52. ;)
I'm honestly not sure how I feel about growing old alone. I mean, I think I'd prefer not to, but I've also sort of grown accustomed to doing a lot of stuff on my own terms. I'm with you - if a similar situation played out in my life, I don't think it'd fly with me either.

I can't speak on why anyone would want 3 marriages.

I doubt I could ever get out of my current one alive, so no need to worry about things that I'll never encounter.
My ex-wife got married a few weekends ago and both she and her new husband are on their third marriages. For what it's worth, I think it was a bad decision on both their parts.

• Wow
Reactions: mcmurtry66
We took 2 1/2 hour sunset sailboat cruise Monday night. One other couple was on the cruise. The two man crew were amazing. The guys really cared about what they were doing. They told us lots of history about St Pete. The Don Cesar was a VA Hospital during WW2. Supposedly the fourth floor is haunted.

The best part of the evening was the last 5/10 minutes before sunset. There were clouds that it seemed certain we wouldn’t see the sun set. Just like that they parted. We got fantastic pictures with the dark blue rain clouds and the sunset.
was it a swingers deal? lots of your people down around st pete stoll. bosnos too.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about growing old alone. I mean, I think I'd prefer not to, but I've also sort of grown accustomed to doing a lot of stuff on my own terms. I'm with you - if a similar situation played out in my life, I don't think it'd fly with me either.
interesting. my kids are homeruns. i have great friends. i like my work stuff. i'm about as lucky as it gets i think. if i got married again. great. if i didn't that would be great too. i've surround myself with enough people i love to always be entertained and blessed. the problem is that no good rotten whore of an ex stoker. i'm still so pissed and spiteful that i can't get it/her out of my head. but for that bitch i'd be on easy street. you read that she blew up my phone all weekend then posted flowers and went radio silent. and we have a kid so i'm fing stuck. i can't just cut her off

Reactions: Ohio Guy
interesting. my kids are homeruns. i have great friends. i like my work stuff. i'm about as lucky as it gets i think. if i got married again. great. if i didn't that would be great too. i've surround myself with enough people i love to always be entertained and blessed. the problem is that no good rotten whore of an ex stoker. i'm still so pissed and spiteful that i can't get it/her out of my head. but for that bitch i'd be on easy street. you read that she blew up my phone all weekend then posted flowers and went radio silent. and we have a kid so i'm fing stuck. i can't just cut her off
I totally get it. I was bitter for a good bit too.

It took awhile, but I let it go.

That said, I feel the same way about all the other stuff you said too. I don't have a lot to complain about. And I'm thankful my ex's time is taken up with someone else and she's not bothering me nearly as much anymore.

I totally get it. I was bitter for a good bit too.

It took awhile, but I let it go.

That said, I feel the same way about all the other stuff you said too. I don't have a lot to complain about. And I'm thankful my ex's time is taken up with someone else and she's not bothering me nearly as much anymore.
yeah that's the word. bitter. and like you my ex wife i never think about and hope she remarries. but my ex stoker man i'm still bitter and it has been a year. she literally just texted me a pic "two years ago today" with her and my kid. she's either meaner than snot or just a difft generation and oblivious.

i think you're settling into that comfort zone. my dad did that. at some point women bc less a priority to your life/happiness. i'm feeling more and more that way save bitterness

was it a swingers deal? lots of your people down around st pete stoll. bosnos too.
My bride wouldn’t even talk about. Lol.

I was going to just pay for entire cruise but a couple from Chicago called at last minute and they asked if we minded. Took awhile to get them to loosen up and talk. Lol

• Love
The banks aren't parties because this is not a standard typical damage lawsuit like you may have encountered. It's a specific type of lawsuit authorized by a specific New York statute authorizing the New York attorney general to proceed.

It's all explained right here in the ruling:

It's political bullshit. Stupid, short sighted, political bullshit.

Reactions: DANC and snarlcakes
Actionable fraud takes more than overstating assets on a financial statement. If the banks didn’t take security interests in the real estate, they probably didn’t pay a lot of attention to those values anyway.
You should read the ruling, too:

This was not a fraud tort case. This was a special type of lawsuit authorized by a New York statute for the atty general to file.

It reminds me of those consumer protection suits filed by a state attorney general against disreputable home repair companies that repeatedly receive deposits from numerous homeowners but run away and never begin building the new bedroom or fixing the driveway or whatever.

In those cases, the attorney general often seeks disgorgement of improper receipts and an injunction to put the wrongdoer out of business, even though technically the attorney general is not the attorney for the homeowner. You're probably familiar with those.

You should read the ruling, too:

This was not a fraud tort case. This was a special type of lawsuit authorized by a New York statute for the atty general to file.

It reminds me of those consumer protection suits filed by a state attorney general against disreputable home repair companies that repeatedly receive deposits from numerous homeowners but run away and never begin building the new bedroom or fixing the driveway or whatever.

In those cases, the attorney general often seeks disgorgement of improper receipts and an injunction to put the wrongdoer out of business, even though technically the attorney general is not the attorney for the homeowner. You're probably familiar with those.
Reminds you of suits against contractors who stole money from consumers and never did any work? Very similar to Trump borrowing money from multi-billion dollar banks and paying them back in full. 😃

It's political bullshit. Stupid, short sighted, political bullshit.
Do you really think a cutthroat prosecutor (either state or federal) would refuse to prosecute a politician of any stripe out of party loyalty??

Those guys love to prosecute privileged people of all kinds (bankers, ministers, lawyers, politicians). I doubt you've ever met any prosecutors.

Stoll -- read the ruling:

Dbm is beyond retrieval.
I’ve never seen a man so unshakably, slavishly and hopelessly devoted to another man like dbm is devoted to Trump. It’s way past creepy at this point. He’d be the first person in line to drink the poisoned Kool-Aid.

Reminds you of suits against contractors Bithwho stole money from consumers and never did any work? Very similar to Trump borrowing money from multi-billion dollar banks and paying them back in full. 😃
No.

Instead, it clearly reminds me of (1) ultra-wheeler-dealer-of-the-century (in his own mind) Trump and (2) any ol' sixth-grade-graduate fake-home-repairman BOTH lying repeatedly to their many customers over and over again.

Trump may be a better liar than a sixth grade graduate, so I'll give him credit for that.

I’ve never seen a man so unshakably, slavishly and hopelessly devoted to another man like dbm is devoted to Trump. It’s way past creepy at this point. He’d be the first person in line to drink the poisoned Kool-Aid.
I'm not sure about that.

He might send one of his other usernames to the koolaid dispenser when the time comes.

Good for her. That's more than what Trump ever did.
Ummmm you must be forgetting the attacks thrown towards Trump... "He's just fulfilling what campaign promises that he made". That was months worth of criticisms of some of his policies. I'm sure that you just honestly over looked that though. You wouldn't willfully obfuscate. right?
It was literally the first time I saw keeping a promise as an attack or failure opportunity.

I still think he was at J 6.

If the banks and insurance companies didn’t cry foul, I don’t get this whole deal.
Read the ruling Stoll.

It's not a tort case. It's authorized by statute.

It's not enough to just say "I'm a highly-trained professional and I don't get it."

Hey, what the hell? Don't you have some other duties today?

Read the ruling Stoll.

It's not a tort case. It's authorized by statute.

It's not enough to just say "I'm a highly-trained professional and I don't get it."

Hey, what the hell? Don't you have some other duties today?
I didn’t read it. I wonder if a case has ever been brought against anyone like this?

Why come on man? Any reasonable person knows Mar A Lago is only worth $18M. I'm surprised Doc Hoops hasn't bought it out from under him by now.
These are banks worth billions and billions with a whole wing full of ivy League educated lawyers and accountants. All we're paid back in full, on time, with all interest. The disclaimer even told them not to rely on Trump's assessment and do their own due diligence. Complete banana Republic.

Congrats you may have set a record for re posting debunked nonsense from multiple sources in a single page of a thread. Taylor is just an idiot,and Donald's a liar. And much like his ignorance of the PRA, he is ignorant on the subject he posted about here as well.

When the Palm Beach Co tax assesor valued MAL at $ 26 Million, the Trump's protested that it was only worth $18. Now suddenly the Bobsey twins (Eric and Jr) are making fools of themselves arguing it's worth closer to a $$ Billion... And really stupid people are repeating nonsense...

They are basically recommitting the same fraud they are charged with within th barrage of tweets they sent out yesterday. The judge didn't "find" anything regarding the assessed value of MAL, he just restated the undisputed fact of what the Trump's claimed in Trump's own official filings. Have the Trump's been paying property taxes on the $$ Billion they now claim or the $$ 18-26 Million the property was assessed at?

Well as Ben points out a simple google search gives us the answer. Palm Beach Record 11/13/2020...

Property taxes on MAL in 2020 were about $ 512,000, which was down slightly from the previous year. FL property taxes are just under 1%, and 1% tax on a $$ Billion (the amount Eric tweet claimed) would be about $ 10 Million, not the $ 512.000 the Trump's actually paid. In fact as the PBR article points out, the Trump's filed an appeal when MAL was assessed at $26.6 Million claiming that was too high and the actual value was closer to $18 Million.

Watching this video might prevent you from further making a fool out of yourself and helping to promote Trump's grift...

I didn’t read it. I wonder if a case has ever been brought against anyone like this?
Oh come on. That really doesn't matter and you know it.

It's like saying, "How can they give me a speeding ticket when there were all these other cars out there that didn't get a ticket?"

Did Trump do it? Well, he really didn't contest it -- he just claimed a "disclaimer" by Mazars (not by Trump) excused what he did.

Not even your clients' Percherons would claim that excuse.

Oh come on. That really doesn't matter and you know it.

It's like saying, "How can they give me a speeding ticket when there were all these other cars out there that didn't get a ticket?"

Did Trump do it? Well, he really didn't contest it -- he just claimed a "disclaimer" by Mazars (not by Trump) excused what he did.

Not even your clients' Percherons would claim that excuse.
Right. So all those black men in the 1950s Alabama or Mississippi being locked up for crimes most white men were getting away with had no right to complain?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania
Reminds you of suits against contractors who stole money from consumers and never did any work? Very similar to Trump borrowing money from multi-billion dollar banks and paying them back in full. 😃
Don't know if you're this lacking in self awareness or not. But combining the terms "contractors" , "stolen Money" and "Trump" into a single google search provides numerous examples...

It's like the only things you know about Trump are the facade he puts up...

No, I'm sure they were just gathering financial statements for fun. A nice little uptown Manhattan hobby.

Right. So all those black men in the 1950s Alabama or Mississippi being locked up for crimes most white men were getting away with had no right to complain?
Now you're comparing poor persecuted Donald Trump (your ultimate leader) to imprisoned black men in the Jim Crow South. That's really something else there.

And in a stunning development, the judge has already ordered the complete dissolution of the fabled Trump Organization–the tycoon’s pride and joy, the empire that made him famous and elevated him into the White House. The Trump Organization and its sister companies will be sent into receivership to be under the control of a court-appointed officer.
Help a brother out here.

What does this mean for his properties in NY? Does he owe back taxes? Will they need to sell some of the properties?

One thing i don't understand....when I buy, refinance or insure a comparatively tiny property...the bank or insurance company comes and does a rectal exam on it. How do they take Trump's word for this?

These are banks worth billions and billions with a whole wing full of ivy League educated lawyers and accountants. All we're paid back in full, on time, with all interest. The disclaimer even told them not to rely on Trump's assessment and do their own due diligence. Complete banana Republic.

I despise Trump but i am also objective. How did the banks and insurance companies not do their own due diligence.

They certainly do on my properties...

I despise Trump but i am also objective. How did the banks and insurance companies not do their own due diligence.

They certainly do on my properties...
Doesn't really matter. This is a cause of action created by NY statute for the purpose of protecting the public (i.e., the business community) in the state from people who have a history of pervasive fraudulent actions. No actual victims are required. The legislature created this cause of action through positive law and gave the AG standing to pursue it.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
yeah that's the word. bitter. and like you my ex wife i never think about and hope she remarries. but my ex stoker man i'm still bitter and it has been a year. she literally just texted me a pic "two years ago today" with her and my kid. she's either meaner than snot or just a difft generation and oblivious.

i think you're settling into that comfort zone. my dad did that. at some point women bc less a priority to your life/happiness. i'm feeling more and more that way save bitterness
I’m too much of a hound dog to stay away from women. If I got divorced, I’d be at Ohio’s bar sniffing around the bartender with too many tattoos like McGruff the crime dog.

I remember having a conversation with an older gent who scoffed at the idea of women being oppressed. And I quote, “They own a 100% of the world’s pussy. They’re doing just fine”.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT