ADVERTISEMENT

Jewish Community under attack

Jews are being attacked by Palestinian protesters! But the jewish community keeps backing the Democrats, I just don’t get it!
American Jews are liberals/progressives first. I'm not sure all the Jews in NY City for instance even care if the Israelis have a homeland. And there are plenty who don't want them having one which is the liberal/progressive party line. In my sermon today I was talking about empathy, putting yourselves in other people's shoes. I'd like for NY City for instance liberals/progressives to place themselves in Jerusalem and then see what it is like for your city to have missiles lobbed into it.

They vote for social issues (pro choice, gun control) above economic and Israeli policies.
Yeah, but you'd think they'd notice Jews in the US are being attacked also - not just those in Israel.

You'd also think they'd remember the lesson of the Holocaust when Jews had no guns to defend themselves.

Yeah, but you'd think they'd notice Jews in the US are being attacked also - not just those in Israel.

You'd also think they'd remember the lesson of the Holocaust when Jews had no guns to defend themselves.

I assure you the recent attacks and rhetoric out of "The Squad" has caught their attention. A moderate GOP candidate (e.g., Romney/McCain type) would be appealing to them. But, I don't see anyone from that ilk winning the GOP Presidential Primary anytime soon.

They aren't going to support the 2nd Amendment.

I assure you the recent attacks and rhetoric out of "The Squad" has caught their attention. A moderate GOP candidate (e.g., Romney/McCain type) would be appealing to them. But, I don't see anyone from that ilk winning the GOP Presidential Primary anytime soon.

They aren't going to support the 2nd Amendment.
Other than Trump or DeSantis, what Republican(s) are on your personal much-too-early prediction list for the GOP Presidential nomination for 2024?

Other than Trump or DeSantis, what Republican(s) are on your personal much-too-early prediction list for the GOP Presidential nomination for 2024?

I'm too dumb to know who might actually be interested in running and have interest. I cannot imagine anyone that ran against Trump in 2016 would have a legitimate shot (e.g., Rubio, Cruz, etc.), but who knows.

I don't know exactly where she stands on all views, but Nikki Haley would be someone I would consider. She may ultimately be too far right on certain things (similar to DeSantis).

American Jews are liberals/progressives first. I'm not sure all the Jews in NY City for instance even care if the Israelis have a homeland. And there are plenty who don't want them having one which is the liberal/progressive party line. In my sermon today I was talking about empathy, putting yourselves in other people's shoes. I'd like for NY City for instance liberals/progressives to place themselves in Jerusalem and then see what it is like for your city to have missiles lobbed into it.
This is an amazing message on this pentecost Sunday.

and what about Palestinians, do they not deserve a homeland?

this whole thing is just the settlers vs the indians part 2.

The left on this board are pro Palestine, because they are muslim just like a lot of black voters!

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
No further explanation necessary.

Find a 10 year old to explain it to you.
You've made a fool of yourself yet again, Danny. You've said something incredibly stupid and now you're forced to run from it.

You need to steer clear of the Holocaust and other topics that you know next to nothing about - - in other words, pretty much everything.

You've made a fool of yourself yet again, Danny. You've said something incredibly stupid and now you're forced to run from it.

You need to steer clear of the Holocaust and other topics that you know next to nothing about - - in other words, pretty much everything.
Don't blame me if you can't understand simple English, Drama Queen.

Don't blame me if you can't understand simple English, Drama Queen.
Are you really an elderly grandfather, as you've claimed, or a 13 year-old boy? Your level of maturity and intelligence seems to be that of a middle-schooler.

Reactions: Bill4411
You can’t generalize all American Jews. Our community mirrors much of this country. The Orthodox And some conservative are often very pro Israel while the reform Jews tend to lean towards a two state solution. Please do not assume Jews who believe in a two state solution are anti Israel. Not many Jews support the BDS movement that is plaguing college campuses across this country. I’m a big supporter of Israel but that also doesn’t mean I support every Israeli policy. I really hate when some think any criticism of Israel is total criticism of the country.

I’m sorry VPM, as an American Jew you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

Spent a lot of time in NYC's Jewish communities?

You can’t generalize all American Jews. Our community mirrors much of this country. The Orthodox And some conservative are often very pro Israel while the reform Jews tend to lean towards a two state solution. Please do not assume Jews who believe in a two state solution are anti Israel. Not many Jews support the BDS movement that is plaguing college campuses across this country. I’m a big supporter of Israel but that also doesn’t mean I support every Israeli policy. I really hate when some think any criticism of Israel is total criticism of the country.

Even the most liberal Jews typically support pro-U.S.-Israel policies and oppose things like Biden's aid package to Palestinians.

Would you say the Orthodox or more conservative Jews don't support a two state solution? I don't interact with many, so it's not a loaded question. The issue to me is always about borders, which is why it is impossible. Israel isn't going to (and shouldn't be required to) give back land that it took from Arabs during the war in '67.

To me, the easiest thing to support is a two state solution based on current borders (I'd maybe even consider rolling them back 10 years) and restrictions on (re)settlements. I think it's ridiculously stupid that the Israeli government (IIRC populace is pretty split) supports this (regardless of legality), knowing that it fuels violent responses from Palestinians.

Spent a lot of time in NYC's Jewish communities?
Van and Dan are two sorry individuals who are incapable of little more than parroting far-right talking points, irrespective of the topic. They've both conveniently done a disappearing act in this thread after posting stupid comments that even they quickly realized were indefensible.

Reactions: Bill4411

If I ever put myself in your shoes, I'd have to immediately commit hari kari.

Last edited:
Van and Dan are two sorry individuals who are incapable of little more than parroting far-right talking points, irrespective of the topic. They've both conveniently done a disappearing act in this thread after posting stupid comments that even they quickly realized were indefensible.
Disappeared? Sorry if this board is not my life like it is yours.

The other factor is, you're just not worth my time. If you can't understand a simple sentence, there is no hope for you.

No one said there wasn't resistance. The Warsaw ghetto uprising was a prime example.

You're taking the dumbass's take on my statement, which was "You'd also think they'd remember the lesson of the Holocaust when Jews had no guns to defend themselves."

I thought the lesson - or a main lesson - of the Holocaust is that a vulnerable population has to be aware of the dangers of tyrrany. Without a way to defend themselves, mass anihilation can - and did - happen.

I really don't think that's such a radical, or ridiculous, statement.

No one said there wasn't resistance. The Warsaw ghetto uprising was a prime example.

You're taking the dumbass's take on my statement, which was "You'd also think they'd remember the lesson of the Holocaust when Jews had no guns to defend themselves."

I thought the lesson - or a main lesson - of the Holocaust is that a vulnerable population has to be aware of the dangers of tyrrany. Without a way to defend themselves, mass anihilation can - and did - happen.

I really don't think that's such a radical, or ridiculous, statement.
If all the Jews in Nazi Germany had guns, everything would have turned out exactly the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT