ADVERTISEMENT

IU Boosters/Donors

I'm sure if all the most outspoken anti-Miller types on here were to pool their savings, they could probably donate $78 to his ouster.
vs the $6 to save his job crowd...

Numbers are not substantial until they are multiplied to the fanbase rather than just you bing aloha etc

vs the $6 to save his job crowd...

Numbers are not substantial until they are multiplied to the fanbase rather than just you bing aloha etc
Why are you so upset about people having different opinions than you do? I don't care if you don't like Miller. I only respond to those that are dicks about it. You're being a dick about it now. Just say you disagree and move on.

I have nothing personally invested in Miller. I happen to have enjoyed watching UD play and thought he was a great hire for IU. He may or may not work out, but I'm not one to go into hysterical over reaction about these things. It's not my style, though it's obviously what some of the posters here do - incessantly. If I decide Miller isn't the right man for the job, I'll say it.

I can tell you the people who matter aren’t happy. The trustees are being bombarded with it. It’s solely a contractual issue now.
I saw a trustee this past Saturday. We talked a little basketball but I promise you it’s not close to a situation where Miller is in trouble. He’s not.

Reactions: Radio Zero
If Fred had to talk him into the job, which now seems probable in light of CAM's demeanor since he took the job, he wasn't the right guy from the beginning. Fred is a well-meaning screw-up.
I think I agree with you. I’ve never felt like Archie liked it here for one reason or another?

Reactions: IUgradman
If Fred had any balls he'd be dropping hints to Archie about an agreed payout to get him out of Dodge. At least fishing around to see if it is possible. Archie obviously hasn't worked. Fred ought to at least try to clean up his mess.
Why the hell would Archie agree to a buyout when he’s guaranteed the 3.5 mil
If Fred had to talk him into the job, which now seems probable in light of CAM's demeanor since he took the job, he wasn't the right guy from the beginning. Fred is a well-meaning screw-up.
If that was the case then Fred is an idiot. You need a coach that wants to be at Indiana and not just in it for the money.

Tournament appearances on Fred’s watch have been less than stellar. He may have helped other sports and facilities , but he’s hurt the hoops program. Horrible hires.

Reactions: Cavanagh and cryano
The only thing I get angry about is when I watch Indiana basketball. My wife says if I don’t calm down I’m going to have a stroke. I was a Miller supporter until the embarrassing Purdue game in front of, in my opinion the greatest college basketball coach ever.
Archie was more horrified than you were about the effort against purdue. I'm done linking my mood to the efforts of kids that don't know how we have invested years watching IU. It is them looking bad, not me. When they figure that out, they will play every game with the effort that wll win games.

I can tell you the people who matter aren’t happy. The trustees are being bombarded with it. It’s solely a contractual issue now.
I would imagine all the grads/celebrities that went to the welcoming back of Bob Knight can't be happy.

Out of all the games to not show up and play hard that one takes the cake. At home against a rival, welcoming back a living legend, and we didn't even look like we practiced that week. Par for the course for this team, about to be 4 straight years without a tournament, ugh.

Because of the contract.
Maybe, he didn’t go into specifics. But he also didn’t express anything that would lead me to believe that an easy put contract would matter. And this guy’s been around the block a time or two. Miller isn’t in trouble.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Maybe, he didn’t go into specifics. But he also didn’t express anything that would lead me to believe that an easy put contract would matter. And this guy’s been around the block a time or two. Miller isn’t in trouble.
Depends what you consider trouble, he better start winning, and soon.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Archie was more horrified than you were about the effort against purdue. I'm done linking my mood to the efforts of kids that don't know how we have invested years watching IU. It is them looking bad, not me. When they figure that out, they will play every game with the effort that wll win games.
I seriously doubt it because I was the one screaming at the television, not Miller. He doesn’t get mad when he knows there’s a bad call.

Beilein is out at cleveland. Iu will only watch him land another college gig. Sounds like the trustees think things are right on track!!

Archie isn’t nor was he ever a home run hire for IU. Brad Stevens (before Boston) would have been a home run hire. Billy Donovan would have been a home run hire. Archie was an ok hire. He’s going to flame out just like Shaka Smart is flaming out (another home run hire the media got wrong).
"The media" got wrong? Did "the media" hire Archie? No

If we keep Archie, I hope we are absolutely pitiful next season. I hope it’s an embarrassment. I wish he would cheat and give them a black eye. The fact that this administration keeps this guy around is beyond. His non-coaching ass will probably get 2 more years.

17 million is the number and yes I think he will be gone Wille Taggart was just bought out for 18 million and FSU endowment is only 750 million compared to 2.3 billion for IU.

Rick Pitno was owed 44 million and finally settled I'm sure he got a huge number and they signed Chris Mack. IU has the money.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Bottom line is fred made aother big mistake with this hire and we get to suffer the consequenses while he rides off into the sunset. I bet if archie was doing really well fred would not be retiring.
I have the same opinion on this. He's only 61 years old, so it's not as if he's legitimately reached "retirement age." Between the firing of Kevin Wilson, the firing of Tom Crean and the lame duck hire of Archie Miller, I believe Glass saw the writing on the wall and decided to leave on his own terms.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Hoping their team sucks is not what fans do.
I respectfully disagree on this. Take the Philadelphia 76ers for example. Their executive-level management actively engaged in a "tanking" process for four full seasons to turn the organization around. While it's not easy, rooting against the IU program to elicit necessary recourse is best for the long-term health of the program.

Archie isn’t nor was he ever a home run hire for IU. Brad Stevens (before Boston) would have been a home run hire. Billy Donovan would have been a home run hire. Archie was an ok hire. He’s going to flame out just like Shaka Smart is flaming out (another home run hire the media got wrong).
If there's one thing I've learned in the age of social media, it's to never trust the declarations of sportswriters. If you keep track of what they say -- particularly on Twitter -- they're consistently wrong on big-picture topics, the hiring of Archie Miller included.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT