ADVERTISEMENT

IU Boosters/Donors

MikeHoncho69

Sophomore
Jan 15, 2018
Does anyone on this board know who any of the prominent IU boosters and/or donors are? I'd be interested to know who the potential candidates would be to pull their generous donations in light of the current trajectory of the program.

Lol.

Donors aren't gonna put up their money to get Archie out of here yet. It's just not gonna happen because a handful of people on a message board want it to happen.

Archie had all the leverage in his negotiations when he signed that contract. There's a reason that his whole deal is guaranteed for five FULL YEARS. We'd have to pay the entirety of the deal, which the donors aren't going to do. They're gonna give him time, because unlike the majority of the people on this board, they understand that it takes time to build up a program and not have knee jerk reactions.

I love it when people try to spend other people's money.

Bottom line is fred made aother big mistake with this hire and we get to suffer the consequenses while he rides off into the sunset. I bet if archie was doing really well fred would not be retiring.

Bottom line is fred made aother big mistake with this hire and we get to suffer the consequenses while he rides off into the sunset. I bet if archie was doing really well fred would not be retiring.

Not really.

What leverage did Fred have in the negotiations? Archie had all the leverage coming in. He knew it would take time. He's not dumb. In what real world would the AD have the leverage in these kind of contract talks? That's short sided thinking.

Not really.

What leverage did Fred have in the negotiations? Archie had all the leverage coming in. He knew it would take time. He's not dumb. In what real world would the AD have the leverage in these kind of contract talks? That's short sided thinking.
The whole thing was poorly thought out imo. The program was not in need of a massive rebuild like when crean came in. You dont hire the flavor of the month who is a complete risk when you can get an established winner. And dont tell me nobody wanted the job. Iu just didnt do what it takes to get those guys. I dont for a second believe archie was the best we could get.

Reactions: iulb and IUgradman
The whole thing was poorly thoufht put imo. The program was not in need of a massive rebuild like when crean came in. You dont hire the flavor of the month who is a complete risk when you can get an established winner. And dont tell me nobody wanted the job. Iu just didnt do what it takes to get those guys. I dont for a second believe archie was the best we could get.

Names please of realistic coaches we could have gotten that would have been better than Archie in 2017. Please don't start with Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan or Chris Beard. They weren't coming here to begin with and were never a option. It's easy to look ahead and say we should have hired so and so. But back in 2017, Archie was widely said to be a home run hire.

Names please of realistic coaches we could have gotten that would have been better than Archie in 2017. Please don't start with Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan or Chris Beard. They weren't coming here to begin with and were never a option. It's easy to look ahead and say we should have hired so and so. But back in 2017, Archie was widely said to be a home run hire.
Mack
Marshall
Neither of which is a flavor of the month.i fully beliee we could have gotten mack. And there is no such thing as a home run hire unless your talking the mark few level.

Reactions: iulb and IUgradman
Does anyone on this board know who any of the prominent IU boosters and/or donors are? I'd be interested to know who the potential candidates would be to pull their generous donations in light of the current trajectory of the program.

Ned Pfau.

Lol.

Donors aren't gonna put up their money to get Archie out of here yet. It's just not gonna happen because a handful of people on a message board want it to happen.

Archie had all the leverage in his negotiations when he signed that contract. There's a reason that his whole deal is guaranteed for five FULL YEARS. We'd have to pay the entirety of the deal, which the donors aren't going to do. They're gonna give him time, because unlike the majority of the people on this board, they understand that it takes time to build up a program and not have knee jerk reactions.

Lol. You aren’t going to find anyone to drink that Kool-Aid, Jim Jones.

Chris Mack is Archie Miller with a way better roster. That guy flat out is not a good coach. He looks like Tom Crean vs a 2-3 zone.

Chris Mack is Archie Miller with a way better roster. That guy flat out is not a good coach. He looks like Tom Crean vs a 2-3 zone.
Well if he can recruit at a way higher level than archie he will still have way more success. You really think sean miller is a good coach? He has three or four five stars usually on his teams. He has three this year and they are ok but nothing great. Players mask coaching.

Archie is a bad coach and not a high level recruiter. Double whammy.

Reactions: IUgradman
Well if he can recruit at a way higher level than archie he will still have way more success. You really think sean miller is a good coach? He has three or four five stars usually on his teams. He has three this year and they are ok but nothing great. Players mask coaching.

Chris Mack can definitely coach, but it's no secret that he doesn't like the recruiting process.

Mack is a way better recruiter. He’ll get Lander and Kaufman. Take it to the bank.

Chris Mack can definitely coach, but it's no secret that he doesn't like the recruiting process.

Watch his teams play. They run the same crap systems that IU runs. The difference is they have guys that can make 23-27 foot shots. They don’t really do anything but pass it around and fire up 3s. They aren’t good. They just lost to two really terrible teams and could have lost many more. They’d finish about 7-10th in the Big Ten with a loaded roster.

Yea, okay, whatever you say.

What donors are rushing to pay up to get Archie out of here then? I can't wait to here this one?

Ned Pfau. If he wants him gone, then he’ll be gone. Ned is the guy that runs IU. Not McRobbie or the BOT. Lol. I have rich relatives that are friends with the guy and I know a lot more than I let on but that’s the guy that pulls the strings.

Lol.

If Fred had any balls he'd be dropping hints to Archie about an agreed payout to get him out of Dodge. At least fishing around to see if it is possible. Archie obviously hasn't worked. Fred ought to at least try to clean up his mess.

Reactions: iulb and fpeaugh
The whole thing was poorly thought out imo. The program was not in need of a massive rebuild like when crean came in. You dont hire the flavor of the month who is a complete risk when you can get an established winner. And dont tell me nobody wanted the job. Iu just didnt do what it takes to get those guys. I dont for a second believe archie was the best we could get.

If Fred had to talk him into the job, which now seems probable in light of CAM's demeanor since he took the job, he wasn't the right guy from the beginning. Fred is a well-meaning screw-up.

Ned Pfau. If he wants him gone, then he’ll be gone. Ned is the guy that runs IU. Not McRobbie or the BOT. Lol. I have rich relatives that are friends with the guy and I know a lot more than I let on but that’s the guy that pulls the strings.

Lol.

Whatever you say bud. Tell Ned to go ahead, write the check for Archie to take a hike and I'm sure that Indiana will be happy to pay another coach.

If Fred had any balls he'd be dropping hints to Archie about an agreed payout to get him out of Dodge. At least fishing around to see if it is possible. Archie obviously hasn't worked. Fred ought to at least try to clean up his mess.

Not at all.

That's why the buyout is in the contract. Archie isn't gonna take a dime less than he's owed. Coaches have egos and believe that they can turn programs around with time. Archie is no different.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Not at all.

That's why the buyout is in the contract. Archie isn't gonna take a dime less than he's owed. Coaches have egos and believe that they can turn programs around with time. Archie is no different.

How do you know? Have you talked to him? The point is that Fred should at least make the effort to fix things. No one has any confidence that he can, but he should at least try.

Let me ask you this.......do you think Fred has ever expressed any dissatisfaction directly to Archie? Me neither. He's worthless.

If Fred had to talk him into the job, which now seems probable in light of CAM's demeanor since he took the job, he wasn't the right guy from the beginning. Fred is a well-meaning screw-up.
Its never felt like a good fit from day one. Its always seemed off.

Reactions: iulb
How do you know? Have you talked to him? The point is that Fred should at least make the effort to fix things. No one has any confidence that he can, but he should at least try.

Let me ask you this.......do you think Fred has ever expressed any dissatisfaction directly to Archie? Me neither. He's worthless.

Of course I'm sure Fred isn't happy with how things are going. But why do you think the buyout is in there in the first place? Is it because knee jerk actions won't take place?

Hmmmm. I believe so. Some people don't understand how these things work.

Pretty sure the program is consistently being evaluated by many. (I actually know it is because one of my cousins is a trustee.)
I can promise one thing. Any serious inside info won't be on the free board at Rivals unless the people in charge want it that way.
I can also promise that everyone involved wants B1G and National contenders (Championships and Final Fours). Coaching speculation is a very fun waste of time at this point. Go Hoosiers!

Archie isn’t nor was he ever a home run hire for IU. Brad Stevens (before Boston) would have been a home run hire. Billy Donovan would have been a home run hire. Archie was an ok hire. He’s going to flame out just like Shaka Smart is flaming out (another home run hire the media got wrong).

Pretty sure the program is consistently being evaluated by many. (I actually know it is because one of my cousins is a trustee.)
I can promise one thing. Any serious inside info won't be on the free board at Rivals unless the people in charge want it that way.
I can also promise that everyone involved wants B1G and National contenders (Championships and Final Fours). Coaching speculation is a very fun waste of time at this point. Go Hoosiers!

Brings to mind when the trustees roasted Fred at a public hearing over the state of the program.....wasn't that about a month before Crean got the axe? Maybe ufo is right and Fred didn't want to go through that again.......so I hope they do it again before he leaves.

Archie isn’t nor was he ever a home run hire for IU. Brad Stevens (before Boston) would have been a home run hire. Billy Donovan would have been a home run hire. Archie was an ok hire. He’s going to flame out just like Shaka Smart is flaming out (another home run hire the media got wrong).

Bottom line.....Fred promised a home run hire, and we got Archie.

Reactions: IUgradman
Fred leaving is a benefit to Indiana basketball. He was all talk as an AD. Never backed up his big mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT