ADVERTISEMENT

Is Woody's goal officially a three-guard offense?

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
I think Woody is caught between a rock and a hard place in that he is forced to go to a low post game because he does not have enough talent at the guard position. Come to think of it there's also not enough talent at the forward position either.

Watching the Hoosiers inside-out game come tournament time looked about as out of place as set shots in the jump shot era.

I think Woody is caught between a rock and a hard place in that he is forced to go to a low post game because he does not have enough talent at the guard position. Come to think of it there's also not enough talent at the forward position either.

Watching the Hoosiers inside-out game come tournament time looked about as out of place as set shots in the jump shot era.
Kel’el Ware is a modern 5. He’s a pick and pop guy that can rim run. He’s the perfect complement to a guy like Reneau. Hopefully add Ledlum who can play inside/out on the wing and Knecht who is a true 3 level score to go along with a downhill PG in Xavier Johnson and you start to see semblance of what a balanced offense looks like.

Saw a video highlights of the year on Ware, dude can actually hit the 3, lot of pick and roll lobs ala X and TJD late last yr. Looks just like what Woodson wants

Assuming the offense makes that transition I hope that there aren't great expectations next season. That is not a criticism.

Reactions: sglowrider

We don't even have a full roster yet.

Quit thinking, Meat. You'll only hurt yourself ..

Assuming the offense makes that transition I hope that there aren't great expectations next season. That is not a criticism.
Expectations sure can hurt. I think our hopes will vary based on the incoming guys.
We could be competitive to awful. We will need to hit on at least two big targets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT