ADVERTISEMENT

Where was Walker, Banks, and Sparks?

phnxfan

Benchwarmer
Dec 6, 2008
In a game we were losing by 20 points at halftime, and wound up losing by 15 points, at the end, why did three experienced players, sitting on the bench, never get in the game? They couldn't have done any worse on defense. I have to say, I don't understand that, or agree with the coach. But, I have to agree, somewhat, with Woody, on, he doesn't shoot 3's, or free throws, and the players shot 19% on 3's, missing seventeen 3 point shots, and missed 10 of 24 free throw attempts. Is that bad coaching? The guards pretty much suck. We have skilled big men inside, but the guards are terrible at creating an outside game, forcing the defense to spred out, to guard them, and opening up easier scoring opportunities for the big guys. And, it didn't help that Ware went 5-13 at the free throw line. How could he be that bad? We continually get outshot by almost every visiting team. Apparently they like the Assembly Hall environment more than we do. The stats were pretty even in this game, except for shooting percentages. I don't get it. I've asked this before, but, does the team actually practice, and shoot, 3's, and free throws, in Assembly Hall, or do they do all that in a practice gym, and just come into Assembly Hall on the day of the game. I don't get it!

Last edited:
Reactions: rickster24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT