ADVERTISEMENT

3 pt Shooting yet????

The portal is..... broken toys.

If they were truly transcendent players they'd be one and done at the school they signed with no?

Yes.

Not to say there aren't real difference makers in there. Remy Martin was massive in KU''s 2022 championship. Go get them. The center pieces needs to be home grown though.
Mostly i think so or the program does not have much nil money. Minnesota was set to return the whole team and probably would have been borderline top 25. They have had four guys hit the portal so far and three are big rotation guys. I dont think they have much nil so they bolted. I doubt its their coach he just doesnt have the coin to keep them. But the big money nil schools will always have the coin.

Mgbako is going to be a really good player next year. He'll probably hit 35%+ from three and be one of the better 4 men in the country. Conference FOY isn't given out for no reason. Good luck finding someone with better production in the portal.
No handle, no hops, no defense, not sure about passing ability, and a stand still shooter.
But my statement was “I’m hoping” because if we get starters that are better then we should be pretty talented. Then its on coaching to get competitive.

No handle, no hops, no defense, not sure about passing ability, and a stand still shooter.
But my statement was “I’m hoping” because if we get starters that are better then we should be pretty talented. Then its on coaching to get competitive.
He did rebound better when he played harder. But I agree with this. He has a long way to go. Defensive effort being the biggest problem.

Mgbako is going to be a really good player next year. He'll probably hit 35%+ from three and be one of the better 4 men in the country. Conference FOY isn't given out for no reason. Good luck finding someone with better production in the portal.
Mgbako improved during the season but I felt he got way too many minutes, particularly in the first 20 games or so, and he shot the ball too much for his rather low percentage. Granted that is partly due to poor offense, but still, if he doesn't shoot better than 35% from 3 next year IU is going to lose a lot again. Particularly if he's putting up 15 shots.

Better production can easily come from better team offense.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Has the hall of fame coach and staff fixed our 3 pt shooting yet?? Tucker is a nice piece and will be great. All mid range on offense and good defender. I hope Woodson doesn’t fall in love with anymore guys that can’t shoot the 3. IU needs 2 and probably 3 shooters, a couple hard nose guards (hopefully a PG ) and a shot blocking/rebounding big. Fingers crossed
What is Jakai Newton known for? Can he shoot?

He's coming back next year:

I have no sense if this is true. I saw someone tweet Trey has told the staff that he is fine coming off the bench.
Why wouldn't he be? He's not going to play professionally. He's very popular. He will make a lot of money staying here one more year, in whatever role the coach wants him to play, hopefully contribute to a better season and make some progress towards a graduate degree. I'm sure he would prefer more minutes than less but there's really no downside for him.

Trey off the bench is his ideal role. Come in and provide a jolt of energy against tired starters or the other team’s bench. He’s good at that.

Wake me up when IU signs a 7’4” 325 lb post player and multiple guards who can shoot the 3

Has the hall of fame coach and staff fixed our 3 pt shooting yet?? Tucker is a nice piece and will be great. All mid range on offense and good defender. I hope Woodson doesn’t fall in love with anymore guys that can’t shoot the 3. IU needs 2 and probably 3 shooters, a couple hard nose guards (hopefully a PG ) and a shot blocking/rebounding big. Fingers crossed
You understand who the coach is, right? The "leadership" has basically decided to skip next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT