ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan 2024

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Next up is a look at Michigan's roster.

Michigan is one of the more interesting teams to evaluate. The only significant returners are Nimari Burnett and Will Tschetter.

The rotation players would appear to be:

--7'1" Vladislav Goldin (TR)
--7'0" Danny Wolf (TR)
--6'4" Roddy Gayle (TR)
--6'10" Sam Walters (TR)
--6'2" Tre Donaldson (TR)
--6'4" Namari Burnett
--6'8" Will Tschetter
--6'5" Rubin Jones (TR)
--6'3" Justin Pipper (HS)

The other present roster spots are filled by Jace Howard and two incoming freshman. I don't expect any of those three to get much pt.

Michigan has a lot of interesting parts, but would seem to be somewhat lacking in two respects--no real star player, and no athletic, versatile 6-6 or 6-7 shooter/defender. They do appear to have 1 roster spots open so we'll see if anything happens there.....

Golden is an experienced "true center" at 7-1 with no 3s attempted and 62/63% on his 2s. Wolf (Yale) was apparently not a great finisher inside based on low 50s% on 2s but does have 3 point range, and matched Golden in rebounding #s. Walters didn't play a lot last year for Bama, but had great shooting #s when he did. He may be a potential star. Both Burnett and Tschetter are efficient role players and either could start. For some reason I don't think both will.

Donaldson (Auburn) looks like an underrated transfer to me and looks to be the starting pg. I don't see a natural backup.. Freshman Pippen is a top 60 HS recruit but is labeled as a combo guard. Rubin James may also play some point. He's a decent transfer but lower rated than the other 5.

Overall I see Michigan as a very competent team and one that will probably improve significantly as the players' roles develop. Right now I'd project them as a smiggen below the grouping of IU, Purdue, MSU, Illinoi, OSU, and (possibly) UCLA.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I'm very curious to see how Dusty does after making the leap. He did pretty well in the portal considering some of the limitations that come with UM admissions.
Yep. He was really counting on Johnell Davis to be a Wolverine but it wasnt in the cards.

Reactions: kkott
Ruben James is a Kenny Rogers song 🎵 " .....you still walk the pearly fields of my mind, faded shirt a weathered brow, callused hands that worked the plow, I loved you then and I love you now..." Ruben James. Lol I wore that 8-track out.

Ruben Jones is a sneaky good pick-up for the most overrated coach in the Big Ten. If not all of basketball.
20 conference games that comes without any nights off. Let's see if his record is as good as ours last year.

While I'm thinking about it:

" Lady....I'm your knight in shining armor and I love you, you have made me what I ammmmmm. And I am yourrrrrrrrs." LOL Kenny Rogers woooo!

Reactions: birdforbogey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT