ADVERTISEMENT

India's Thriving Scam Industry: Before You Call Tech Support?

You never fail to deliver right on time... do you get a memo?

“The United States is pursuing an approach called ‘friend-shoring’ to diversify away from countries that present geopolitical and security risks to our supply chain,” Ms. Yellen said. “To do so, we are proactively deepening economic integration with trusted trading partners like India.”

Due to horrid choices the CCP made, the Chinese won't have a lot of foreign investment going forward for at least a generation. They blew it. They had a lot of possibilities 20 years ago, but went a different direction

Last edited:

“The United States is pursuing an approach called ‘friend-shoring’ to diversify away from countries that present geopolitical and security risks to our supply chain,” Ms. Yellen said. “To do so, we are proactively deepening economic integration with trusted trading partners like India.”

Due to horrid choices the CCP made, the Chinese won't have a lot of foreign investment going forward for at least a generation. They blew it. They had a lot of possibilities 20 years ago, but went a different direction

I give you another 5 years -- this stance will change 180.

Indian politics is horrible. You have MTGs there every day yelling off the top of their heads on TV to eliminate the 200 million Muslims or drive them off into the seas.

And trust me, Americans play checkers -- those bastards are playing chess. Half the time I am not sure its to win -- but just to feck with white folks. I have had startups with Indians, eaten in their house with their families ... and been cheated by them the next day.
I am sure they owe more than 100k for a couple of projects. Probablyt more but its pointless going to the courts over it. As a foreigner its a bad start. Then the court system is a nightmare.

Last edited:

Indian politics is horrible. You have MTGs there every day yelling off the top of their heads on TV to eliminate the 200 million Muslims or drive them off into the seas.

And trust me, Americans play checkers -- those bastards are playing chess. Half the time I am not sure its to win -- but just to feck with white folks. I have had startups with Indians, eaten in their house with their families ... and been cheated by them the next day.
I am sure they owe more than 100k for a couple of projects. Probablyt more but its pointless going to the courts over it. As a foreigner its a bad start. Then the court system is a nightmare.

5 years for what? To pivot back to China? Not happening. Too much geopolitical risk.

As to video, sems like a pretty healthy society where someone can feel confident speaking out like that, and the institution backing him up.

Any similar videos from China? I imagine such a thing would never get out past the "Great Firewall".

After the 2020 military aggression by the Chinese with India along the border, along with the never ending virus lies and obfuscation, India (and world) has woken to the existential threat from China reliance. That will never go back into the bottle.

5 years for what? To pivot back to China? Not happening. Too much geopolitical risk.

As to video, sems like a pretty healthy society where someone can feel confident speaking out like that, and the institution backing him up.

Any similar videos from China? I imagine such a thing would never get out past the "Great Firewall".

After the 2020 military aggression by the Chinese with India along the border, along with the never ending virus lies and obfuscation, India (and world) has woken to the existential threat from China reliance. That will never go back into the bottle.

I am seeing a pattern here. We talk about some topic but somehow it seems to meander back to China. I posted something about Hershel feckin' walker but some reason, I am called CCP member and how fecked up china is.

Strange that. Mysterious.

I wonder if this happens to other people here. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am seeing a pattern here. We talk about some topic but somehow it seems to meander back to China. I posted something about Hershel feckin' walker but some reason, I am called CCP member and how fecked up china is.

Only the ones advocating for the CCP.

There’s a perception you’re advocating for China. The Chinese Government is the biggest threat to USA by a wide margin.

Reactions: Crayfish57

For the most part, I like differentiating the people from the government. Our issue with China isn't with the Chinese people but with the Chinese government. Some of your comments on India suggest the problem is with the people. I am not sure I am comfortable labeling a population of 1.4 billion that way (either with China or India).

What’s the date of that NYT piece? I couldn’t see it behind the pay wall

Is it “chess” to have a system you describe as inhospitable to foreign investment?

There is a reason the US is a top place for investment. It just might be that it’s developed a pretty smart system that helps explain its economic success.

Perhaps because your posts are implying that we should be viewing India as we do China and should cut the Chinese some slack. Perhaps you aren't meaning to imply such a stance, but that's how I am interpreting it.

@twenty02 's point is that it's too late. Chinese offshoring has already been moved back onshore or to places like Vietnam, Mexico, etc. The shit show in China the past couple of months is only exacerbating those strategic decisions.

India has long been a problem of corruption and must deal with crack downs of scammers, hackers, etc. But, let's not pretend like the Indian government is blatantly sponsoring such behavior.

For the most part, I like differentiating the people from the government. Our issue with China isn't with the Chinese people but with the Chinese government. Some of your comments on India suggest the problem is with the people. I am not sure I am comfortable labeling a population of 1.4 billion that way (either with China or India).

Try going to India and you will get a gist of what's going on. Not sure how many of you who are commenting or even liking the posts have ever been.
I manage specific markets so the very first thing I do is to try & understand what drives each country. Its 5 times worse now than when Modi first started. He is like Trump, stoking division to increase power.

And also Marv -- you claim so altruistically that you don't feel comfortable labelling 1.4 billion people with a broad brush with those videos.
But where are you whenever someone irrelevantly brings up China and associates me with it? I happen to be Chinese but have no association with the country and you.... :rolleyes:

In five years' time, folks will start to do the same if we ever have an Indian or Pakistani poster.

In the 70s and the 80s it was all Japanese -- I got crap then too. You don't see a pattern here? Without an external 'enemy' the country starts to collapse onto itself and start infighting literally.

That's why I said, you guys live within your comfort zone and don't recognise anything since its all done according to your set system and when anyone brings something up it's called whining.

Imagine how the blacks felt back in the 50s under Crow's law. Most of you here would be saying the same thing. It takes the government to change things for you -- and in this case, its the government manipulating the masses into thinking and projecting onto the next 'enemy'.

Zero longitudinal views on life and no recognition of patterns. I expected so much more from you Mav. The others, with their anachronistic views, not so much.

Last edited:
Try going to India and you will get a gist of what's going on. Not sure how many of you who are commenting or even liking the posts have ever been.
I manage specific markets so the very first thing I do is to try & understand what drives each country. Its 5 times worse now than when Modi first started. He is like Trump, stoking division to increase power.

And also Marv -- you claim so altruistically that you don't feel comfortable labelling 1.4 billion people with a broad brush with those videos.
But where are you whenever someone irrelevantly brings up China and associates me with it? I happen to be Chinese but have no association with the country and you.... :rolleyes:

In five years' time, folks will start to do the same if we ever have an Indian or Pakistani poster.

In the 70s and the 80s it was all Japanese -- I got crap then too. You don't see a pattern here? Without an external 'enemy' the country starts to collapse onto itself and start infighting literally.

That's why I said, you guys live within your comfort zone and don't recognise anything since its all done according to your set system and when anyone brings something up it's called whining.

Imagine how the blacks felt back in the 50s under Crow's law. Most of you here would be saying the same thing. It takes the government to change things for you -- and in this case, its the government manipulating the masses into thinking and projecting onto the next 'enemy'.

Zero longitudinal views on life and no recognition of patterns. I expected so much more from you Mav. The others not so much.
I've defended the Chinese from generalizations on this board. Marv kinda just did, too, in the post you responded to.

But I don't get it: you clearly feel like you've been discriminated against because of your ethnic heritage and don't enjoy having broad stereotypes used against you (I'm not sure I'd ever heard of Chinese Americans being stereotyped as being defenders of the CCP, but whatevs). Yet you continually use rhetoric that does the same thing to Indians. Why not just say "yeah, I was oversimplifying there?" Why double down on it by claiming you're some authority on how Indian's really are?

I have Indian-American friends. They don't fit your stereotype at all. Quite the opposite. I have Chinese American friends who hate the CCP. I also have been screwed royally (amounting to personal losses nearing seven figures) in business deals by people all of whom happen to be from the same ethnic group. I don't generalize their bad behavior to the entire group.

Zero longitudinal views on life and no recognition of patterns. I expected so much more from you Mav. The others, with their anachronistic views, not so much.

I do suspect there are posters who have issues with Chinese, but I don't. The issue is with their leadership. Your mention of Modi is similar. He brings out the worst in their national characteristics. I think China has similar issues. Both have very nationalistic governments.

Reactions: NPT and sglowrider
I've defended the Chinese from generalizations on this board. Marv kinda just did, too, in the post you responded to.

But I don't get it: you clearly feel like you've been discriminated against because of your ethnic heritage and don't enjoy having broad stereotypes used against you (I'm not sure I'd ever heard of Chinese Americans being stereotyped as being defenders of the CCP, but whatevs). Yet you continually use rhetoric that does the same thing to Indians. Why not just say "yeah, I was oversimplifying there?" Why double down on it by claiming you're some authority on how Indian's really are?

I have Indian-American friends. They don't fit your stereotype at all. Quite the opposite. I have Chinese American friends who hate the CCP. I also have been screwed royally (amounting to personal losses nearing seven figures) in business deals by people all of whom happen to be from the same ethnic group. I don't generalize their bad behavior to the entire group.
Some of your best friends are Indian-American? ;) tbh, India's very different to the Indians that you know.

Honestly, the tenor of the entire forum is tiresome and quite sad.
The constant bickering, dogma really reflects the deep insecurity/fear of folks and their inability to deal with the changes they are all facing -- including racial, cultural and gender diversity.

Just bickering and defending their stalls since its misdirected insecurity and fear. Much ado about nothing.

The country has changed so, so much since I last lived there -- ok, it's slightly better on the Coasts but the centre judging by the rhetoric here is just depressing. Ultimately, it's no skin off my nose since I will never live in the midwest for the reasons mentioned above. If I do move back, it will be back to the Bay Area. But even then I doubt that.

Last edited:
I think the mistake we all make is believing that Sglow somehow has more insight to offer than what he currently does. I’ve seen him post for years on this forum and never has he been able to go any deeper than “Americans are ethnocentric bigots”.

It would be great if he were able to offer anything beyond that but unfortunately I think its time to come to terms with the idea that the guy likely just isn’t very bright.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls

When challenged, instead of admitting your faults, play the race card. That about sums it up here.

Reactions: jet812 and NPT

7 figures?!!! I bet they were Pakistanis. I hate the Pakis. ALL OF THEM. Every last one walking I hate

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lucy01
I think the mistake we all make is believing that Sglow somehow has more insight to offer than what he currently does. I’ve seen him post for years on this forum and never has he been able to go any deeper than “Americans are ethnocentric bigots”.

It would be great if he were able to offer anything beyond that but unfortunately I think its time to come to terms with the idea that the guy likely just isn’t very bright.

Oh trust me, I know my intellectual limitations. All my siblings & their husbands (and their kids) went to ivy league schools (Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Columbia).
Trust me, I know my lane and I know what intellectual conversations sound like.

The sad thing is that folks like you don't.

Its just pointless banter or tribal dogma with no deep level of analysis. With every debate, you need to know your weaknesses. But not here -- instead you choose to ignore it. It's about defending your stall, pure and simple.

Not sure how many of you have done business plans or planning before. But recognising your weakness is one key attribute.

I suspect many of you undergoing different stages of grief and don't know it ie lacking self-awareness.

Its all about the 'erosion' of what is perceived to be your 'identity'.

I would guess that the majority of you are unhappy white males but don't know why. (The only active minorities here are Bing, Zeke and myself.)

The level of anger, fear, dogma and inability to cope with changes, diversity of thought, and never mind culture or even race is on-show every day here.

Yet not recognise that you perceive them to be 'threats' to your 'identity' and some of you may say your 'culture'. But instead a constant stream of misdirected anger and angst.

We can have another discussion of what you perceive to be your 'identity' and 'culture' another day.

But overall, the level of parochialism is shocking considering that it's 2022.

A bunch of dinosaurs ... anachronisms living in 2022.

Last edited:

That’s not fair. You’re forgetting all of the high minded braggadocio about all of his sexual conquests. Go easy on him, he’s obviously just a lonely guy trying to convince all of us poor schmucks living happily in the Midwest with our families that he & his life is better than that…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT