ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes the basketball team lost to northwestern at home. Fire the coach. Marv why don't you walk over there

Crean?!? No way in hell should that happen. I never liked that guy as coach. I think his teams underperformed every year except one, two if I’m feeling super generous.
College basketball is awful. Not fun like before. So if I’m AD I embrace it. I tell Tom cream. Come home son. Come home. I pay him $500k a year. All the booster money for buyouts and salaries goes directly to nil bribes. IU becomes where to go to get paid. Our recruiting class every year looks like the top of the nba draft. Some years we win the big ten. Others we bomb out and get that stare. But it’ll always be entertaining

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
Tom crean loved iu basketball. And he entertained us
His bi-polar teams (one year top of the B10 and the next finishing .500) were too much for IU fans to take. He can’t sustain success. Why can’t we just find a coach who makes us a top 10-15 team and keeps us there? IU should be a top 10 job given the resources, including a great fan base and tradition.

His bi-polar teams (one year top of the B10 and the next finishing .500) were too much for IU fans to take. He can’t sustain success. Why can’t we just find a coach who makes us a top 10-15 team and keeps us there? IU should be a top 10 job given the resources, including a great fan base and tradition.
There’s a problem with the administration/decision makers

I love trump
Lamp Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Iu doesn’t need to keep anyone on this team!
have any of the kids punched a teammate in the face? tore off their jersey and left the building over lack of playing time? threats to fight one of the coaches? if so probably keep that kid. the rest forget it

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I hope they hire in this order:
1) Bruce Pearl
2) Tom Crean

It seems you’ve got a thing for bringing back failed leaders from the past.

Bruce Pearl, on the other hand, i could stomach a tenure with him. Doesnt he have a checkered past? Why do think he’s shady?

Bruce Pearl, on the other hand, i could stomach a tenure with him. Doesnt he have a checkered past? Why do think he’s shady?
I’d love pearl. Instant fire

Pearl would be instant entertainment and worth watching. I mean as it stands you’d have to be one basketball obsessed nut to watch this basketball team play penn state. Almost anything on tv is better. I’d watch a rerun of that old salt lick Mr Myron mixon judge a bbq contest where I already know who wins before I’d watch that snooze fest. And these kids get paid? 🤣. Stop

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
In fact, I did watch the game yesterday….albeit mostly in the back ground. Very painful to watch. I blame it mostly on the players, plus injuries too. But Woodson shouldve constructed a better roster, so ultimately its a coach problem.

Regarding the paid players, I have a been a proponent of players getting paid for a long time. Colleges have been profiting for too long and for too much to not pay the players as well. But now they’re getting paid, and they now have to be treated as employees. It’s going to be very interesting to see how that dynamic changes with these professional athletes. I don’t think the expectations will change, but the reaction to the newly minted pro athlete not playing well enough to match the sizable paychecks will be interesting.

In fact, I did watch the game yesterday….albeit mostly in the back ground. Very painful to watch. I blame it mostly on the players, plus injuries too. But Woodson shouldve constructed a better roster, so ultimately its a coach problem.

Regarding the paid players, I have a been a proponent of players getting paid for a long time. Colleges have been profiting for too long and for too much to not pay the players as well. But now they’re getting paid, and they now have to be treated as employees. It’s going to be very interesting to see how that dynamic changes with these professional athletes. I don’t think the expectations will change, but the reaction to the newly minted pro athlete not playing well enough to match the sizable paychecks will be interesting.
I played D1 when your reward for making the ncaa tourney was having your dinner pd bumped from $25 to $35. Scholarships and room and board was the pay. And it was pretty darn good. When these players lose now I hope the fans stand and boo them off the court. I hope they get called bums when they play poorly. Get shouted at to transfer. Want to be a pro. Be a pro. Treat em like the Blues on a losing streak with fans furious they paid to watch this shit

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe

They aren’t employees of the university, though. The university isn’t paying them and they aren’t being paid to play under NIL, right?

Reactions: Spartans9312
They aren’t employees of the university, though. The university isn’t paying them and they aren’t being paid to play under NIL, right?

Does it matter who signs the checks? I don’t think so, because the only thing anyone cares about is winning. Although now the knuckleheads that are Hoosier Hysterics have openly stated they now want iu to LOSE, to hurry Woodson out of there. Considering they rep the NIL part of this alliance of IU and NIL, this is getting problematic and messy. I can’t imagine they would actively ask the players to throw games to get their hopes result, but it’s still messy.

Does it matter who signs the checks? I don’t think so, because the only thing anyone cares about is winning. Although now the knuckleheads that are Hoosier Hysterics have openly stated they now want iu to LOSE, to hurry Woodson out of there. Considering they rep the NIL part of this alliance of IU and NIL, this is getting problematic and messy. I can’t imagine they would actively ask the players to throw games to get their hopes result, but it’s still messy.
Not a good look at all.

At this point, I don't really care. Paying the players has ruined the sport for me. Or maybe it's just 7+ years of crap basketball.

Here's hoping Congress wakes up and starts taxing all big time college athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT