ADVERTISEMENT

One more Republican vote.

Rockport Zebra

All-American
Jan 30, 2002
I looked at my McConnell photo tonight. To Robert, Thanks for your early support. Mitch McConnell. The registration in Kentucky was 6 to 1. Mitch beat the odds and changed the voter dynamics in the state. Today Republicans hold super majorities in both houses. They can do what they want and override any veto. They call us Rinos not realizing the history. Go on with your bad selves. You don't want us in your party so be it. I will vote against you in the primary and then take my leave.

It’s high time really talented and thinking folks take back the Republican Party. Gym
Jordan in congress multiple terms has never drafted a piece legislation. As this country sinks further into the mire, he and Comer just doing the Don’s bidding- anger/revenge politics is not actual legislating. Now Speaker Johnson is completely paralyzed by his MAGA wing and we cannot even get an annual budget passed. I bought another gun. It sure feels like civil war must occur.

I looked at my McConnell photo tonight. To Robert, Thanks for your early support. Mitch McConnell. The registration in Kentucky was 6 to 1. Mitch beat the odds and changed the voter dynamics in the state. Today Republicans hold super majorities in both houses. They can do what they want and override any veto. They call us Rinos not realizing the history. Go on with your bad selves. You don't want us in your party so be it. I will vote against you in the primary and then take my leave.
The RINOs are dominating our party and are systematically destroying it. I can’t support the current Democratic Party or the Trumpster version of ours. I wish we could have a sane Center Right Party, but our political systems in every state dooms the possibilities of any third party winning national elections. I will remain a Republican and push for a return to sane Republicanism, but I’ll be an independent at heart until that happens. I don’t have high hopes for that.

The RINOs are dominating our party and are systematically destroying it. I can’t support the current Democratic Party or the Trumpster version of ours. I wish we could have a sane Center Right Party, but our political systems in every state dooms the possibilities of any third party winning national elections. I will remain a Republican and push for a return to sane Republicanism, but I’ll be an independent at heart until that happens. I don’t have high hopes for that.​
Did you catch Trumps IVF comments?

— Former President Donald Trump said he would “strongly support the availability of IVF” and called on lawmakers in Alabama to preserve access to the treatment that has become a new flashpoint in the 2024 presidential election.​

This isn’t the only issue he is very reasonable and mainstream about. Unfortunately, his personal baggage dominates and the fairly solid GOP positions he champions get no air time. This isn’t a RINO Problem. I don’t think there is a Trumpster version of the GOP. There is only a candidate who people, whether for or against, can’t get past his large impact on whatever room he is in.

Haley should be president. She echos Trump in all major policies. But she has the right temperament. People like Laura Ingram and Hannity poison the well and she has no chance. The legacy media should be behind her along with any Republican who gives a damn about the country. Instead, because we have too many people driven by emotion instead of sense, and the media loves any Democrat no matter how competent, we are gonna have to choose between Trump and Biden.

Reactions: Indyhorn
The RINOs are dominating our party and are systematically destroying it. I can’t support the current Democratic Party or the Trumpster version of ours. I wish we could have a sane Center Right Party, but our political systems in every state dooms the possibilities of any third party winning national elections. I will remain a Republican and push for a return to sane Republicanism, but I’ll be an independent at heart until that happens. I don’t have high hopes for that.
Are you flipping the script and labeling Trump MAGA wing as RINO’s? I can get behind that given that’s their normal label to attack moderate Republicans

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
Did you catch Trumps IVF comments?

— Former President Donald Trump said he would “strongly support the availability of IVF” and called on lawmakers in Alabama to preserve access to the treatment that has become a new flashpoint in the 2024 presidential election.​

This isn’t the only issue he is very reasonable and mainstream about. Unfortunately, his personal baggage dominates and the fairly solid GOP positions he champions get no air time. This isn’t a RINO Problem. I don’t think there is a Trumpster version of the GOP. There is only a candidate who people, whether for or against, can’t get past his large impact on whatever room he is in.

Haley should be president. She echos Trump in all major policies. But she has the right temperament. People like Laura Ingram and Hannity poison the well and she has no chance. The legacy media should be behind her along with any Republican who gives a damn about the country. Instead, because we have too many people driven by emotion instead of sense, and the media loves any Democrat no matter how competent, we are gonna have to choose between Trump and Biden.
Yes. I’ve never said everything Trump says he supports is wrong. Both parties will ultimately support IVF. We don’t need Trump for that.

We agree Haley should be President. Polls show that 10 to 30 percent of those that currently support Trump won’t if he’s convicted, especially if convicted in the documents case. If that happens Trump should drop out. He won’t.

Are you flipping the script and labeling Trump MAGA wing as RINO’s? I can get behind that given that’s their normal label to attack moderate Republicans
I’ve been calling Trump and his sycophants RINOs from the start. It’s what they are. They are all about Trump and have zero loyalty and little in common with the GOP.

Yes. I’ve never said everything Trump says he supports is wrong. Both parties will ultimately support IVF. We don’t need Trump for that.

We agree Haley should be President. Polls show that 10 to 30 percent of those that currently support Trump won’t if he’s convicted, especially if convicted in the documents case. If that happens Trump should drop out. He won’t.
He won’t have a trial before the election

Unfortunately for you, he won’t be convicted of anything before the election.

Reactions: DANC and ulrey
Unfortunately for us, not me. Americans should know if one of our candidates is a felon. Surely you agree with that.
Everyone is aware of what happened. We don’t need a far left dc jury to tell us or southern district ng thanks to a tiger king to tell us anything

Reactions: jet812
Unfortunately for us, not me. Americans should know if one of our candidates is a felon. Surely you agree with that.
Americans with any sense know that the Dems are politically motivated to get trump, their candidate is a cadaver who has been a historically bad president from 10 million illegals to prices to identity bs to rhetoric that has made cities dangerous and turn to shit with homelessness and drugs to multiple wars, and trump is guilty in all of his cases

Everyone is aware of what happened. We don’t need a far left dc jury to tell us or southern district ng thanks to a tiger king to tell us anything
The documents trial will be in Florida with a Trump appointed Judge and a Trump friendly jury pool. I’d bet money that he’s still found guilty. If you haven’t read that indictment, you should. It’s good reading. ;)

Americans with any sense know that the Dems are politically motivated to get trump, their candidate is a cadaver who has been a historically bad president from 10 million illegals to prices to identity bs to rhetoric that has made cities dangerous and turn to shit with homelessness and drugs to multiple wars, and trump is guilty in all of his cases
Biden is a frail man at this point and should step out of the race. I’m hoping he does just before or at the convention and they have a good old fashioned brokered convention. That way we get rid of Biden and probably Harris.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
The documents trial will be in Florida with a Trump appointed Judge and a Trump friendly jury pool. I’d bet money that he’s still found guilty. If you haven’t read that indictment, you should. It’s good reading. ;)
biden was negligent as hell with docs. i know that pool well. i'll be surprised if there isn't a dream teamer to bust unanimity. regardless it's moot as it won't be tried prior to the election

Biden is a frail man at this point and should step out of the race. I’m hoping he does just before or at the convention and they have a good old fashioned brokered convention. That way we get rid of Biden and probably Harris.
that'd be the best for all of us but with how the party has moved it may end up newsom. that'd be even worse. calif is a mess. ruining the best cities in the country, taxing people to death. forget it

biden was negligent as hell with docs. i know that pool well. i'll be surprised if there isn't a dream teamer to bust unanimity. regardless it's moot as it won't be tried prior to the election
The immunity claim has no bearing on this one. Nearly all the criminal allegations occurred after he left office. If it doesn’t happen it will be because the Trump appointed Judge delays it.

Edit: this one is more than negligence, it was deliberate. It’s the kind of mishandling of classified information that would have resulted in years of prison for me. That’s a fact, and why it truly pisses me off.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
When Biden was elected I was widely trashed here for stating that I gave 50/50 odds for his completing four years. I think that was pretty reasonable.

If he is elected again I will drop that to 30/70.

i think the left is looking at biden, harris, then newsom. i'll vote trump. i'd much rather have a centrist dem than trump but out of those options i'll take trump. newsom would continue the country towards looking like calif, absurd taxes, cities with progressives and crime and homelessness, housing totally unaffordable. like turning an entire country over to social workers
The immunity claim has no bearing on this one. Nearly all the criminal allegations occurred after he left office. If it doesn’t happen it will be because the Trump appointed Judge delays it.
it'll get rolled

that'd be the best for all of us but with how the party has moved it may end up newsom. that'd be even worse. calif is a mess. ruining the best cities in the country, taxing people to death. forget it
I don’t think they’d choose Newsome. I think there’s a good chance they’d nominate a center left person that would be a near guaranteed winner. At least they should. ;)

I don’t think they’d choose Newsome. I think there’s a good chance they’d nominate a center left person that would be a near guaranteed winner. At least they should. ;)
I think the party has moved way left and it’ll be Newsom. A center Dem would win in a landslide

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
The PRA issues linger after he left office. That is an all or nothing issue and isn’t about immunity.

When Biden was elected I was widely trashed here for stating that I gave 50/50 odds for his completing four years. I think that was pretty reasonable.

If he is elected again I will drop that to 30/70.
30/70? The can’t even wipe his own ass. He’s a stiff zombie.

Reactions: jet812
i think the left is looking at biden, harris, then newsom. i'll vote trump. i'd much rather have a centrist dem than trump but out of those options i'll take trump. newsom would continue the country towards looking like calif, absurd taxes, cities with progressives and crime and homelessness, housing totally unaffordable. like turning an entire country over to social workers

it'll get rolled
If Biden/Harris were to drop for some reason, I think the DNC convention will be can’t miss drama like we haven’t seen since 1968- then I’d guess we might see a centrist like Shapiro or Klobuchar emerge- I sure hope it moves in that way in any case. Trump can only possibly edge Biden, and Biden can only possibly edge Trump- it’s literally the worst choice we can have

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT