ADVERTISEMENT

ok all you anti streamers now I agree with you

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
local small town Lanesville girls play at 10.30 1a final, thought I'd go to the bar and support the local team before the IU game. strolling through my DIRECTV to find the channel couldn't find it. do a little research find out it is streaming exclusively on ihssatv.org for 15 dollars a game, what a bunch of bullshit. they are making bloody marys and planning on a decent crowd, now no way to watch it. going to be some pissed off people, I told the owner its always on fox sports indiana or balleys i think they call it now, and he agreed to open early. guess i still have to go show up and face everyone and start drinking way to early

local small town Lanesville girls play at 10.30 1a final, thought I'd go to the bar and support the local team before the IU game. strolling through my DIRECTV to find the channel couldn't find it. do a little research find out it is streaming exclusively on ihssatv.org for 15 dollars a game, what a bunch of bullshit. they are making bloody marys and planning on a decent crowd, now no way to watch it. going to be some pissed off people, I told the owner its always on fox sports indiana or balleys i think they call it now, and he agreed to open early. guess i still have to go show up and face everyone and start drinking way to early
Welcome to IHSAA tournament season. Been dealing with their greed for the past several years trying to watch Center Grove games. $15 a game is total BS. Mostly a crapfest production with lousy announcers continually self-promoting any new IHSAA agenda they can think of.

Welcome to IHSAA tournament season. Been dealing with their greed for the past several years trying to watch Center Grove games. $15 a game is total BS. Mostly a crapfest production with lousy announcers continually self-promoting any new IHSAA agenda they can think of.
Lanesville has a population of about 150 they are expecting about 800 people so aint nobody going to stream it, just stupid it isn't the money gladly pay it but there tvs suck for streaming

Reactions: Bucket Getter
And then they sucker people into paying an extra $5.... cause one game cost $15.... or you can see all four games for $20. So why wouldn't you just pay the extra $5 in case you would want to watch the other three games.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Lanesville has a population of about 150 they are expecting about 800 people so aint nobody going to stream it, just stupid it isn't the money gladly pay it but there tvs suck for streaming
My hometown plays in the 2A game at 12:30ish. From what I’ve heard, nobody will be streaming. All 2,650 will be at the game.

Reactions: CriticArisen
And then they sucker people into paying an extra $5.... cause one game cost $15.... or you can see all four games for $20. So why wouldn't you just pay the extra $5 in case you would want to watch the other three games.
Totally. The add-on scam of any good marketing ploy. From first-hand experience, I can tell you that never happens. If the team you’re passionate enough about to pay for wins, you want to celebrate. If your team loses, you’re not in a mood to watch anything else.

Reactions: Tscurlo
My hope is.....EVERYBODY should boycott the streaming. They had a good thing going and now they are ruining it for greed.

(now... from what I understand... the company that was doing all of this is going bankrupt and had to back out of all this.... which is why IHSAATV took over and is charging for the streaming.... at least that's what I've heard)

My hope is.....EVERYBODY should boycott the streaming. They had a good thing going and now they are ruining it for greed.

(now... from what I understand... the company that was doing all of this is going bankrupt and had to back out of all this.... which is why IHSAATV took over and is charging for the streaming.... at least that's what I've heard)
I make a decent living in the world of marketing and advertising. Have for over 30 years. Not much I haven’t seen tried. Love creative ways of developing revenue. But this crap of forcing you to buy a lousy product AND be subjected to whatever commercials they were fortunate enough to sell is maddening. The ESPN+ broadcasts using one or two poorly placed cameras and student announcers who know absolutely nothing about their craft or the sport being played in front of them is beyond infuriating. Ive paid for it for years now so I can watch IU baseball games, but damn, it rubs me the wrong way. Seems the IHSAA thinks it’s a swell concept.

Reactions: Tscurlo
I just can’t picture you at a bar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT