ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana officially joins the stay at home states

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
According to announcement by Governor Holcomb. Not sure how this will affect my girls that are supposed to be coming this week to get their things. It’s the right thing to do though.

I'm not sure that statement by the Governor was very clear. My workplace is not closing. Nor is my wife's. Nor is my daughter's. In fact, I've yet to talk to anyone who has indicated that anything has changed after the Gov's speech. Business as usual.

It's about GD time. They need to make it mandatory and pull people over who aren't complying. Seriously. Damn.

Reactions: bigmac76
14.u. includes the supply chain for nearly everything essential including manufacturing and construction.

But its a strange order and going to lead to massive uncertainty on the part of business owners - it is right now.

I would have to imagine that 14.u. would cover just about any manufacturing concern. Given all of the things defined as essential, I'm actually wondering what is considered non-essential?

We have rec'd letters (.pdf) from customers saying we are "essential", but it will be slower than normal for at least a couple more weeks....I will do a skeleton crew and see what that does. We can easily survive this, but it will be very interesting to see who doesn't make it...i am also interested in seeing what this "forgivable loan" looks like$$$

We have rec'd letters (.pdf) from customers saying we are "essential", but it will be slower than normal for at least a couple more weeks....I will do a skeleton crew and see what that does. We can easily survive this, but it will be very interesting to see who doesn't make it...i am also interested in seeing what this "forgivable loan" looks like$$$
We are a primary supplier to Batesville Casket Company. Funeral services are essential. Therefore, we are too.

According to announcement by Governor Holcomb. Not sure how this will affect my girls that are supposed to be coming this week to get their things. It’s the right thing to do though.

That's true. My daughter is supposed to get her stuff from her house on April 1. I'm going to assume that's still the case unless we hear otherwise.

That's true. My daughter is supposed to get her stuff from her house on April 1. I'm going to assume that's still the case unless we hear otherwise.
It’s going to be otherwise, I’d be willing to bet. Although I’ve been on a conference call with other HD’s this afternoon and everyone is all over the place. Do you know her house mom’s name? I may have talked to her today. About half were on.

Hillz: pussies
I gotta work. Wife is furloughed. The optical practice where she works is requiring doctors to work for free or be fired. Three have refused and no longer have a job.

There are pussies. And there are dicks. I try to avoid being either when I can help it.

There has to be more to that story.
It's a large company started by an IU alum, whom has been retired now a couple years. The people managing have overextended, now using the pandemic as an opportunity to close 3 branches and fire 133 workers. Some locations are seeing patients on an emergency basis, and the doctors were asked to volunteer. Three objected and were told to hit the road.

My wife works for a separate entity and was furloughed, but her company has provided 2 weeks pay and 90 days paid benefits.

My work is considered essential, but I don't know for how long. Just saw the Amazon hub in Shephardsville, KY will be shut down for a week after 3 workers tested positive.

We usually get a new ornament to commemorate our vacations. Here is this year's:

20200323-224910-2.jpg

What a week...

Thankfully golf courses are going to stay open. The obligatory caveats about distancing, but a good way to get some exercise by walking nine holes+. And the golf industry is teetering on insolvency in many areas, so the they could use some $$.

Thankfully golf courses are going to stay open. The obligatory caveats about distancing, but a good way to get some exercise by walking nine holes+. And the golf industry is teetering on insolvency in many areas, so the they could use some $$.

As near as I can tell, our dog trainer is the only non-essental business in Indiana.

True. Even liquor stores are still open. I guess since they sell limes and salt, they can call themselves grocery stores.

I saw PA is the only state to ban liquor and they are reconsidering based on people who work with addictions saying that this isn't a good time to force alcoholics to go cold turkey.I think part of that ties into fears of an uptick in domestic violence.

Only a few states have banned golf. I actually have no issues with golf in that outside walking is encouraged. I would however ban golf carts (unless I guess each player has their own cart).

Played 9 holes yesterday. They recommend staying 6 feet apart, but plenty of people sitting next to each other on carts. They put foam in the holes so you don’t have to reach down to get your ball. There are signs to not touch the counter in the pro shop and the credit card swipe is self-serve. You can grab a beverage, but need to take it outside.

Great to be out in the nice weather getting exercise. Very Thankful for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT