ADVERTISEMENT

Central Indiana people

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
I imagine you have been bombarded with the Indianapolis Mayoral race commercials. I think Jefferson Shreve has run a good campaign, though there might be an unforced error. He seems staying focused on the prize, crime in Indy is up and something needs done. Hogsett hasn't done a good job of responding. Now I don't live in Indy so can't vote, but it seems unlikely Shreve would win. However that was once thought of Ballard.

Shreve's unforced error appears to have come from a debate, Hogsett is running the commercial of Shreve being asked about openly carrying a gun on some grassroots campaign stops. The moderator asked what message that sent. Shreve suggested he was sending no message, the moderator clarified to say rather what message he thought the people he was visiting inferred. Shreve just hemmed and hawed. It doesn't sound good.

That said, it's great Hogsett is a Big Brother, I'm not sure what that has to do with being mayor. He is for protecting abortion rights, not sure what that has to do with being mayor. He needs to take on the crime issue, imho.

Now Shreve has burned bridges with the GOP that will prevent him from being elected to any bigger office. When he was being hammered for being against pretty much any gun control, he ran an ad that as mayor of a city with a gun problem he would support the right of Indianapolis to have the right to their own gun laws. That's not going to get him elected outside of Indy, so if he's planning on moving up it must be to battle Carson. Nowhere else will a Republican win with that ad in their resume.

It will be interesting to see if Shreve can pull it off, he's spending his wealth incredibly fast on ads.

I found this interesting, I saw the sign last week that he donated money to IU Health Bloomington Hospital for their atrium. It is the Shreve Atrium.

Reactions: larsIU
Will come down to a referendum on Drunk Joe and nothing else. His numbers are weak... but it's a D+20 electorate

Reactions: IUCrazy2
This race can't end soon enough. Tired of seeing 10 plus attack adds while watching the evening news. Shreve ran an awful campaign. His gun control stance was all risk and no reward. Whatever potential Hogsett votes he may have pulled in by his stance will be offset by conservatives who he alienated with it. He loses by double digits in a race where voters are hungry for a change, and that's sad.

Will come down to a referendum on Drunk Joe and nothing else. His numbers are weak... but it's a D+20 electorate
I think his Hogsett's wife is leaving him as well? Like, right as the elections season is hitting full tilt. He must be insufferable.

But Shreve's biggest problem is HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HOGSETT.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark

unigov was implemented to offset that, but then those who first fled to the suburbs, then had to flee the county to escape crime.

crime is the number one topic of municipal govt, but i'm not sure how much power the mayor has on crime.

gun control and prosecuting and keeping violent criminal in prison are how that is done.

what led to the current crime wave was,

1), covid masks gave criminals a sense of protection that they didn't lose after the masks were off.

2), more importantly, a policy switcheroo by radical idiots with political power.

liberals and progressives, and even some conservatives, were rightfully troubled by the ridiculously heinous sentences some drug users were getting, including for pot, and wanted said sentences reformed.

bad actors and idiots hijacked that sentiment to get violent criminals off hard time, with horrible results for the citizenry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I think his Hogsett's wife is leaving him as well? Like, right as the elections season is hitting full tilt. He must be insufferable.

Hell, he busted his face and had to take a week off for taking out the trash.... by all accounts half a bottle deep.

Shreve is a weirdo.

Hell, he busted his face and had to take a week off for taking out the trash.... by all accounts half a bottle deep.

Shreve is a weirdo.

I mean, at least say you wrecked a bike or something.

Flip flops? Really?

I imagine you have been bombarded with the Indianapolis Mayoral race commercials. I think Jefferson Shreve has run a good campaign, though there might be an unforced error. He seems staying focused on the prize, crime in Indy is up and something needs done. Hogsett hasn't done a good job of responding. Now I don't live in Indy so can't vote, but it seems unlikely Shreve would win. However that was once thought of Ballard.

Shreve's unforced error appears to have come from a debate, Hogsett is running the commercial of Shreve being asked about openly carrying a gun on some grassroots campaign stops. The moderator asked what message that sent. Shreve suggested he was sending no message, the moderator clarified to say rather what message he thought the people he was visiting inferred. Shreve just hemmed and hawed. It doesn't sound good.

That said, it's great Hogsett is a Big Brother, I'm not sure what that has to do with being mayor. He is for protecting abortion rights, not sure what that has to do with being mayor. He needs to take on the crime issue, imho.

Now Shreve has burned bridges with the GOP that will prevent him from being elected to any bigger office. When he was being hammered for being against pretty much any gun control, he ran an ad that as mayor of a city with a gun problem he would support the right of Indianapolis to have the right to their own gun laws. That's not going to get him elected outside of Indy, so if he's planning on moving up it must be to battle Carson. Nowhere else will a Republican win with that ad in their resume.

It will be interesting to see if Shreve can pull it off, he's spending his wealth incredibly fast on ads.

I found this interesting, I saw the sign last week that he donated money to IU Health Bloomington Hospital for their atrium. It is the Shreve Atrium.
Both of those guys kinda sound like they suck. I don't have a vote but unfortunately what happens in Indy kind of impacts all of us in this area.

as i understand it, Shreve went door to door in Indy.

one of the guys who went door to door with him had a gun tucked into the front of his pants ala this guy in the pic.

not a good look going door to door.

reporter asked what message he was sending by that.

Shreve had no answer.

tucked-away-picture-id474517941

Shreve is a weirdo.

Hell, Twenty.

You said "by all accounts" he had drunk "half a bottle" but then you posted an account that didn't mention drinking at all.

Are you a MAGA Republican, now?

Iimagine you have been bombarded with the Indianapolis Mayoral race commercials. I think Jefferson Shreve has run a good campaign, though there might be an unforced error. He seems staying focused on the prize, crime in Indy is up and something needs done. Hogsett hasn't done a good job of responding. Now I don't live in Indy so can't vote, but it seems unlikely Shreve would win. However that was once thought of Ballard.

Whenever I see an ad by Jefferson Shreve, I think he looks too much like Edmure Tully (a bigtime loser in the Game of Thrones) and reach for the remote,

785565a5001885392ccb8765601b5e40.png

Adding;
1682019337963.jpg

Last edited:
Hell, Twenty.

You said "by all accounts" he had drunk "half a bottle" but then you posted an account that didn't mention drinking at all.

Are you a MAGA Republican, now?
Yeah, I see your point. But, it's WELL KNOWN at this point that he's a lush. You're not buying the flip flop thing are you?

This race can't end soon enough. Tired of seeing 10 plus attack adds while watching the evening news. Shreve ran an awful campaign. His gun control stance was all risk and no reward. Whatever potential Hogsett votes he may have pulled in by his stance will be offset by conservatives who he alienated with it. He loses by double digits in a race where voters are hungry for a change, and that's sad.
Plus, a lot of smart people spend their entire lives without going to a Trump rally.

And then there is Jefferson Shreve.

Yeah, I see your point. But, it's WELL KNOWN at this point that he's a lush. You're not buying the flip flop thing are you?
Shreve's ads didn't make any point relevant to a mayoral election. A mayor is not a prosecutor, which is what I think the situation really needs.

And, Indianapolis's tax money (for more cops etc.) is still largely controlled by the All-Red Reactionary state government.

Shreve couldn't do much more than Hogsett except make even bigger unfulfilled promises. He's not a Lugar or Hudnut or even a Ballard -- he's more like a lateterm Steve Goldsmith Lite. Why bother with him?

as i understand it, Shreve went door to door in Indy.

one of the guys who went door to door with him had a gun tucked into the front of his pants ala this guy in the pic.

not a good look going door to door.

reporter asked what message he was sending by that.

Shreve had no answer.

tucked-away-picture-id474517941

No lol, it wasn't "ala the guy in this photo". The guy in your photo is begging for a negligent discharge.

The guy from the add was appendix carrying, secure in a holster that clips over the waistline but tucked inside. Below is a photo, and then below that is a link to explain it. Below that is the actual add, that shows the guy at the 7 second mark:

01845c0d62a5bd8328155c9d67a8e936.jpg

Guide to Appendix Carry

They’re both rather odd looking white guys.

• Haha
Plus, a lot of smart people spend their entire lives without going to a Trump rally.

And then there is Jefferson Shreve.

Did he? It wouldn't surprise me, considering Trump carried Indiana by 19 and 16 percent in the past 2 elections. Most people running for state or federal office on a Republican ticket in Indiana probably sought his endorsement.

Whenever I see an ad by Jefferson Shreve, I think he looks too much like Edmure Tully (a bigtime loser in the Game of Thrones) and reach for the remote,

785565a5001885392ccb8765601b5e40.png

Adding;
1682019337963.jpg
Based on that 2nd pic he should be named Harlow Hickenlooper...

I have seen some of the commercials that overlap Bloomington/Bloomfield. Initially I only saw Shreve discussing crime and it seemed he might have an edge. I wasn't even sure if Hogsett had been term limited out, and Shreve was facing some nameless Dem.

But from what I can gather, the race shifted monumentally when Hogsett started attacking Shreve on both guns, and even more pointedly on abortion.Abortion has been the key issue in every major suburban race since the Dobbs decision came down, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

When voters in Ruby Red Kansas turn out in record numbers to defeat anti-abortion ballot measures, you know it's an issue that cuts across party lines. Esp given how draconian the current anti- abortion laws are in Indiana...

Reactions: Indyhorn and larsIU
Shreve's ads didn't make any point relevant to a mayoral election. A mayor is not a prosecutor, which is what I think the situation really needs.

And, Indianapolis's tax money (for more cops etc.) is still largely controlled by the All-Red Reactionary state government.

Shreve couldn't do much more than Hogsett except make even bigger unfulfilled promises. He's not a Lugar or Hudnut or even a Ballard -- he's more like a lateterm Steve Goldsmith Lite. Why bother with him?
Yeah the visionary who made it rich off self storage might not be a rocket scientist

So that's how he made his money? Those places are a blight on the landscape. He should be charged with Treason!!!
Yep, he sold those off for a ton, but kept the company that builds them.

I am sure the GOP isn't pouring money into that race, those ads are probably from his personal account.

Well, Shreve has thrown off the gloves, and is basically accusing Joe H. of killing Indy dogs in cold blood. He might as well have Sarah McLachlan singing, "Angel" in the background.
I even got a huge ad in the mail today about how heartless Joe is to our canine friends.

Of course, Joe is a Big Brother for a young African American kid in his ads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT