ADVERTISEMENT

if you ran iu basketball like a business

College bb has been "down" for a long time, compared with prior generations.... what we have now is likely the new normal
I don't see how college bb can ever be the same again with the portal. NIL brings into the light some of the shady situations of the past and probably doubles or triples the money but how do you dominate with the portal and the draft? I agree, this may be the new normal.

College bb has been "down" for a long time, compared with prior generations.... what we have now is likely the new normal
No, that’s not accurate in my opinion. Last year college basketball and the big ten overall were significantly better. This is a historic down year for the typical power teams.

after we lose in the 1st or 2nd round you would thank mike woodson , fire him and make a coaching change. way too many advantages over a program like Penn st to accept such bullshit results. kentucky kansas ucla or other programs wouldn't accept mediocrity.
Cry more ... it only makes things better.

Reactions: BattleCreekHoosier
HS to college especially high major D1 is a huge adjustment. Can’t really expect anything from Freshmen. If you get it, it’s a rare stroke of good luck.
A lot of freshman make impacts. I would say it’s rare for a freshman to not come in and make an impact and then turn into an impact player

No, that’s not accurate in my opinion. Last year college basketball and the big ten overall were significantly better. This is a historic down year for the typical power teams.

What? The best team in the conference last year was Purdue, and they were what, a 3 seed in the tourney?

There was nothing particular good about last year's conference teams.

Unc made the national championship game, brought back basically the entire team and won't make the tournament.

What? The best team in the conference last year was Purdue, and they were what, a 3 seed in the tourney?

Unc made the national championship game, brought back basically the entire team and won't make the tournament.
Yes, Purdue was the “best” team in the big ten last year, and they were a 3 seed. This year’s Purdue team is significantly worse than their team last year, and they are a 1 seed. This Purdue team would have finished 5th or 6th in the Big Ten last year.

I watched Houston play about 7-10 days ago and don't think any team in the Big Team can play with them. They're big, strong, fast, talented.

There're probably other teams elsewhere that are also better than the entire Big Ten, like Baylor maybe or Kansas or Arizona?

Silly?
Purdue: Smith and Loyer
IU: JHS and Reneau
Whiskey: Esigian (sp)
OSU: Sensebaugh

Just off top of my head in BIG
That’s not what I was laughing about. Of course freshman can make an impact. I’m laughing at your take that if a player doesn’t make an impact as a freshman he’s done for. Ludicrous take but pat for the course with you.

I watched Houston play about 7-10 days ago and don't think any team in the Big Team can play with them. They're big, strong, fast, talented.

There're probably other teams elsewhere that are also better than the entire Big Ten, like Baylor maybe or Kansas or Arizona?

I expect most of the conference will quickly bow out of the tournament, a March tradition

We missed on all of our top recruits in 2023. Cupps and Newton project as solid role players at best. Of our top 2024 recruits, who do we lead for?

We will probably end up with Burgess and Williams.
Cupps projects as more than a solid role player.

That’s not what I was laughing about. Of course freshman can make an impact. I’m laughing at your take that if a player doesn’t make an impact as a freshman he’s done for. Ludicrous take but pat for the course with you.
Well by your takes, Woodson does no wrong and we will be fine next year playing guys who could t see there floor this year

Reactions: bailey777
TJD, Race for sure gone
Dunscomb will most likely transfer
Leaves 6’6 JG, 6’7 banks and Reneau

We are losing TJD, Race, Kopp, X, JHS
Transfers in my opinion: Dunscomb, JG,

We have two freshman coming in, add another big to develop. Then add two portal players
1. X will be back
2. Banks is a 3 ( that is what he played this year)
3. If JG & Duncomb transfer we will have 4 available scholarships - we need a 3 that can score, a 3/4 & 2 4/5’s

Backcourt - X, Galloway, Bates, Cupps, Newton
3 - Banks, transfer, Gunn
4/5 Reneau, two transfers (4/5) & transfer 3/4
+ Leal - who will never see the court
Hopefully at least 2 of transfers have 2 or more yrs of eligibility

1. X will be back
3. If JG & Duncomb transfer we will have 4 available scholarships - we need a 3 that can score, a 3/4 & 2 4/5’s

I bet X isn’t back l. Why would he?

1. X will be back

We need big upgrades to the backcourt as well.

I don’t think X will get a waiver. Gunn, Geronimo, and Duncomb are likely transfers. Leal should transfer or be moved to a walk on.

Well by your takes, Woodson does no wrong and we will be fine next year playing guys who could t see there floor this year
Delusional. There are guys who don’t see a lot of time this year that will contribute next year (can literally apply this to all 356 D1 participating teams) as well as guys who aren’t currently on the roster. Welcome to college basketball.

Last edited:
Delusional. There are guys who don’t see a lot of time this year that will contribute next year (can literally apply this to all 356 D1 participating teams) as well as guys who currently on the roster. Welcome to college basketball.
Kansas will play guys next year that didn’t see the floor this year? Bet they don’t

IU has a list, that is why he/they made decision
No, he wasn’t cleared medically, and wasn’t going to be cleared, so now they are hoping for a medical redshirt (which requires IU to play 37 games).

Why doesn’t Race come back since he only played 25% of his freshman year? He has a better case for a medical hardship waiver than X.

KJ Adams averaged 4 mpg last year for Kansas and is a double figure scorer for them this year. Cut the bullshit.
Good find, I still stand by that in todays portal world, kids/teams won’t stay patient and recruit over them. I actually have heard rumblings Gunn is a flight risk.

KJ Adams averaged 4 mpg last year for Kansas and is a double figure scorer for them this year. Cut the bullshit.
The top 75 player that didn’t get many minutes on a the National Championship team? That definitely means our 178th ranked player who got no minutes on our 3rd place finish in the Big Ten team will suddenly be great next year!!

The top 75 player that didn’t get many minutes on a the National Championship team? That definitely means our 178th ranked player who got no minutes on our 3rd place finish in the Big Ten team will suddenly be great next year!!
All I did was shove his example right back in his face in a matter of seconds.

All I did was shove his example right back in his face in a matter of seconds.
You didn’t though. No one is arguing that Banks shouldn’t help us in the future. He is the same level player as KJ Adams out of high school. CJ Gunn is a Leal level recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT