ADVERTISEMENT

if you ran iu basketball like a business

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
after we lose in the 1st or 2nd round you would thank mike woodson , fire him and make a coaching change. way too many advantages over a program like Penn st to accept such bullshit results. kentucky kansas ucla or other programs wouldn't accept mediocrity.

after we lose in the 1st or 2nd round you would thank mike woodson , fire him and make a coaching change. way too many advantages over a program like Penn st to accept such bullshit results. kentucky kansas ucla or other programs wouldn't accept mediocrity.
He’s not going anywhere this year. If next year is poor, he should be gone.

You have no idea what we will look like next year. We will have a completely new team pretty much
We should have Malik, Trey, and X as the core group. Also, Banks, Bates will be playing a lot.

I will assure you that firing a coach who has drastically improved the team he inherited after 2 years will be the final death knell to this once proud program.
If he is to stay he really needs to recruit better. We lose an entire front court and we have two guards as our entire recruiting class.

Reactions: Mr.IU and IUgradman
If Woodson goes 3/3 on the tournament you’d be insane to want him gone. Has that happened since Bob Knight? Did Davis go 3/3 from ‘01-03?

If a business, you would fire or demote Hood-Schifino (a 33 % three point shooter for this entire season) for gunning up a low percentage 3-pointer at that point near the end of the game. It was obviously beyond his established job skills or job description.

Remember how Hood-Schifino single-handedly killed Purdue? It wasn't like that. Instead, it was by unstoppable midrange jump shots that were virtually automatic from his hands (not a glorious hail Mary as he foolishly attempted when so much was at stake at that point in the Maryland game).

You gotta know when to hold them, fold them etc. etc. etc. or, I guess you could look forward to playing in France next year. The wine is great over there,

If he is to stay he really needs to recruit better. We lose an entire front court and we have two guards as our entire recruiting class.
He just recruited the B10 FOY and a potential lottery pick. There are other ways to recruit in this day and age outside the high school ranks. I trust his ability to recruit.

If Woodson goes 3/3 on the tournament you’d be insane to want him gone. Has that happened since Bob Knight? Did Davis go 3/3 from ‘01-03?
Kansas has went to like 35 straight and we are celebrating just making in 3 times in a row? Wow our expectations have fallen

Reactions: .Gerdis
If a business, you would fire or demote Hood-Schifino (a 33 % three point shooter for this entire season) for gunning up a low percentage 3-pointer at that point near the end of the game. It was obviously beyond his established job skills or job description.

Remember how Hood-Schifino single-handedly killed Purdue? It wasn't like that. Instead, it was by unstoppable midrange jump shots that were virtually automatic from his hands (not a glorious hail Mary as he foolishly attempted when so much was at stake at that point in the Maryland game).

You gotta know when to hold them, fold them etc. etc. etc. or, I guess you could look forward to playing in France next year. The wine is great over there,
Your Hood-Schifino takes have been HORRIBLE. I hope he personally invites you to the NBA draft green room.

I will assure you that firing a coach who has drastically improved the team he inherited after 2 years will be the final death knell to this once proud program.
why, to many teams with 1st year head coaches improve beyond anything Woodson has done with a good roster he inherited I respect your opinion but if you think the best coach on the floor today was Woodson, we have nothing to discuss.

Kansas has went to like 35 straight and we are celebrating just making in 3 times in a row? Wow our expectations have fallen
Well yeah. Half of the living fan base has experienced 1 Final 4. Only anybody 40+ has those expectations. The rest of us are realists.

The problem is that the coaches that IU could get who would be an obvious upgrade are the exact type of coaches the Indiana administration would never hire. You could hire Lewis and yeah it may turn out great or could be another miss. We need a sure thing.

why, to many teams with 1st year head coaches improve beyond anything Woodson has done with a good roster he inherited I respect your opinion but if you think the best coach on the floor today was Woodson, we have nothing to discuss.
Because you don’t fire coaches after 2 years who were brought in to clean up absolute messes.

Reactions: ams66
And then what? Who would you bring in?

Last year he had to re-recruit his whole team. If we didn't lose our starting PG this year, we're a better team (and when was the last time we were a 4 seed?). Two years is not enough time as long as we're improving and bringing in talent.

Don’t see any huge misses from 23 in-state prospects and outside Flory don’t care about 24 in-state prospects. Give me Newell or McNeely over Catchings all day.
Do we have a better chance with those guys than the in state kid?
I would loved to have Booker and Colvin also

The problem is that the coaches that IU could get who would be an obvious upgrade are the exact type of coaches the Indiana administration would never hire. You could hire Lewis and yeah it may turn out great or could be another miss. We need a sure thing.
if it's a miss move on quickly, why hang on to something that we know isn't good enough.

Do we have a better chance with those guys than the in state kid?
I would loved to have Booker and Colvin also
Booker is going to end up being the most overrated top 10 recruit of all-time and would actually hurt IU next year and Colvin wasn’t going anywhere but Purdue since the day he was conceived. And he’s an absolute head case.

Reactions: ericrossiu

You're right about that... this is Rupp Rafters worthy stupidity

Reactions: ericrossiu
Booker is going to end up being the most overrated top 10 recruit of all-time and would actually hurt IU next year and Colvin wasn’t going anywhere but Purdue since the day he was conceived. And he’s an absolute head case.
So you think the 23 class is good? We need front court players badly.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
We have a mod who typically calls people on their BS but for some reason leaves you alone because your drunken nonsense apparently amuses him.
This is literally the stupidest thing you’ve ever posted. And you’ve had some doozies that are hard to beat. We were an absolute travesty for 4 miserable years under Archie. Woody hasn’t been spectacular but he’s an IU legend who has made this once very proud program respectable again. If you had your way IUBB would be the absolute laughing stock of college bball. I can’t believe what dumbass thoughts you’re willing to share

It’s far from horrible and I’ll worry about 2024 when our top targets commit elsewhere. I suggest you do the same.
We missed on all of our top recruits in 2023. Cupps and Newton project as solid role players at best. Of our top 2024 recruits, who do we lead for?

We will probably end up with Burgess and Williams.

Reactions: IUgradman
Our 2023 class is currently horrible, and we have no commits for 2024
Not a smart take. Cupps team playing for Ohio State semifinals as they just won today. Finalist for Ohio Mr basketball. Newton had a very good year too.

Ok not to call it deep. But those two kids are not horrible.

Okay, this is a business and you are the AD. You hired Woodson. Who is responsible for that? Tell me, who do you have in the pipeline for the position? I didn't see a stack of resumes for when the position was open the last time. In addition, how do you plan to keep the next coach if he does well? You just set the precedent of firing the second year coach who has IU ranked and perhaps a 5 seed in the tourney. Any new hire will be looking over his shoulder with this type of precedent.

We missed on all of our top recruits in 2023. Cupps and Newton project as solid role players at best. Of our top 2024 recruits, who do we lead for?

We will probably end up with Burgess and Williams.
You would have been the guy years ago complaining about Calbert and Guyton coming out of high school. How about we let them play college before we pigeon hole them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT