ADVERTISEMENT

if you ran iu basketball like a business

Not a smart take. Cupps team playing for Ohio State semifinals as they just won today. Finalist for Ohio Mr basketball. Newton had a very good year too.

Ok not to call it deep. But those two kids are not horrible.
So you don’t actually know anything about Newton’s season, right? He’s played in like 3 games.

Best case scenario for Cupps is that he is Smith next year. IU would still be horrible.

No game changers in the 2023 class that needed to have a huge immediate impact.

We have a mod who typically calls people on their BS but for some reason leaves you alone because your drunken nonsense apparently amuses him.
This is literally the stupidest thing you’ve ever posted. And you’ve had some doozies that are hard to beat. We were an absolute travesty for 4 miserable years under Archie. Woody hasn’t been spectacular but he’s an IU legend who has made this once very proud program respectable again. If you had your way IUBB would be the absolute laughing stock of college bball. I can’t believe what dumbass thoughts you’re willing to share
you know what fu , I don't get personal with you, once again if you are happy losing to a team without a top 100 recruit. enjoy yourself, I'm tired of this shit

You would have been the guy years ago complaining about Calbert and Guyton coming out of high school. How about we let them play college before we pigeon hole them?
Ah, so we should just assume every lowly ranked recruit is the next Chaney or Guyton. It’s worked out well for guys like Gunn, Leal, Galloway, etc.

Poor way to build the program. Sure add portal guys to fill in for weak spots but not adding any big guys to develop is a bad move
I’ll take a proven veteran over a project big any day of the week. We have Reneau to develop. Pair him in the front court with a proven D1 talent and you’re fine.

Your Hood-Schifino takes have been HORRIBLE. I hope he personally invites you to the NBA draft green room.
I'd actually look forward to that -- I'd like to hear JHS explain to the NBA how Penn State's three-point shooters destroyed IU today by repeatedly hitting uncontested three-pointers while standing 5-6 feet behind the three-point arc. (Watch the replays -- that's exactly what they did to us.)

Then he could explain which of those shooters he was supposed to be guarding and why he didn't guard them.

And then, he could explain how Penn State could hit all those lengthy 27-foot shots throughout the entire game while he could not manage to hit a closer one at end when it counted.

If I get to go, you should also attend -- it would be instructive to us both,

I agree, but he should be, next year we fall off the cliff, why wait.

Fire Mike Woodson after a 3rd place finish in BT and 22 wins?

I'm pissed, too, but you can't do that.

plus we have no idea what next year will bring.

CJ Gunn hasn’t even completed his freshman season.
You can rest assured that Gunn’s freshman season is over. He played his last minutes many games ago. Horrible freshman year, and will probably transfer. You were wrong.

Because you don’t fire coaches after 2 years who were brought in to clean up absolute messes.
You are correct on this one.

Woodson has done a good job and IU wouldn't gain anything by playing "musical coaches."

I'd actually look forward to that -- I'd like to hear JHS explain to the NBA how Penn State's three-point shooters destroyed IU today by repeatedly hitting uncontested three-pointers while standing 5-6 feet behind the three-point arc. (Watch the replays -- that's exactly what they did to us.)

Then he could explain which of those shooters he was supposed to be guarding and why he didn't guard them.

And then, he could explain how Penn State could hit all those lengthy 27-foot shots throughout the entire game while he could not manage to hit a closer one at end when it counted.

If you think Hood-Schifino draft prospectives hinge on his 3 point shooting ability I’m just going to end this conversation now. He’s an elite pick and roll player which is the staple of every NBA offense. Any person that thinks a freshman’s draft stick hinges on the performance of a single game is a deranged idiot. Last time I checked my marbles were all there, you must be the other guy.

You think IU is only going to have 2 front court players on the roster next year?
TJD, Race for sure gone
Dunscomb will most likely transfer
Leaves 6’6 JG, 6’7 banks and Reneau

We are losing TJD, Race, Kopp, X, JHS
Transfers in my opinion: Dunscomb, JG,

We have two freshman coming in, add another big to develop. Then add two portal players

Obviously not, but you are simply here to piss and moan. What internet board guys like you live for.
Haha and you are just here to fanboy. We better hope for serious portal additions before relying on the likes of Cupps and Newton (the guy you didn’t know only played 3 games this year).

Haha and you are just here to fanboy. We better hope for serious portal additions before relying on the likes of Cupps and Newton (the guy you didn’t know only played 3 games this year).
Watched his return game against the #1 recruit in the country. Had very little expectations for Newton next year.

CJ Gunn hasn’t even completed his freshman season.

To be fair, a year ago there were people on here commenting about what CJ would bring this year. I said zero, doubt that he would see the floor.. and someone was bloviating about his outside shooting, etc etc... and how he would contribute.

Don't know if that was you or someone else....

To be fair, a year ago there were people on here commenting about what CJ would bring this year. I said zero, doubt that he would see the floor.. and someone was bloviating about his outside shooting, etc etc... and how he would contribute.

I’ve been high on CJ Gunn from day 1 and still remain high on CJ Gunn. How he performed as a freshman was never going to change things.

Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
I will assure you that firing a coach who has drastically improved the team he inherited after 2 years will be the final death knell to this once proud program.
Please, with all the talent he has he has not drastically improved the team. He is in way over his head.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Watched his return game against the #1 recruit in the country. Had very little expectations for Newton next year.
Cool? Did you watch the next game? He’s pretty good if his shot is falling, but expecting a freshman to hit shots is laughable.

you know what fu , I don't get personal with you, once again if you are happy losing to a team without a top 100 recruit. enjoy yourself, I'm tired of this shit
Because I’m not throwing a temper tantrum and can be objective I’ve earned an “FU”? Go give your dying liver another bath

It was him.

I don't think you understand the NBA draft, at all.

Before everyone loses their freaking minds we have a tourney coming up with possibly the highest seeding we’ve had since 2013. Let that sink in

Reactions: papawboog
I’ve been high on CJ Gunn from day 1 and still remain high on CJ Gunn. How he performed as a freshman was never going to change things.

I'm not arguing that, he may well end up a good college player. I just thought it was lunacy to expect him to even see floor time.

As to next year, both he and Banks will have opportunities to show what they can bring.

HS to college especially high major D1 is a huge adjustment. Can’t really expect anything from Freshmen. If you get it, it’s a rare stroke of good luck.

I'm not arguing that, he may well end up a good college player. I just thought it was lunacy to expect him to even see floor time.

As to next year, both he and Banks will have opportunities to show what they can bring.
Which is what I said at the beginning of the year.

If you think Hood-Schifino draft prospectives hinge on his 3 point shooting ability I’m just going to end this conversation now. He’s an elite pick and roll player which is the staple of every NBA offense. Any person that thinks a freshman’s draft stick hinges on the performance of a single game is a deranged idiot. Last time I checked my marbles were all there, you must be the other guy.
You're a superior sum bitch, aren't you? Called me "deranged" and without all my marbles.

I said nothing about Schifino's draft prospects. But I did comment on Schifino's crummy play at the end of today's game and looked forward to hearing him explain himself in the inevitable NBA job interviews he hopes to have with whatever teams he expects to pay him bizillions despite the obvious limits of his present understanding of the game.

10 years…. College basketball hasn’t been that fantastic for the past 9
The down year almost across the board for the big names hasn’t happened in some time. The Big Ten was terrible this year. This Purdue team would have finished 5th or 6th in last year’s Big Ten.

You're a superior sum bitch, aren't you? Called me "deranged" and without all my marbles.

I said nothing about Schifino's draft prospects. But I did comment on Schifino's crummy play at the end of today's game and looked forward to hearing him explain himself in the inevitable NBA job interviews he hopes to have with whatever teams he expects to pay him bizillions despite the obvious limits of his present understanding of the game.
You inferred Hood-Schifino would be playing in France. What the hell else were you suggesting by that comment other than his draft prospectives??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT