ADVERTISEMENT

" I wakeup everyday in a house built by slaves".

Like most thinks concerning Trump, I hate his slogan too. When I switched parties I switched to the positive, America IS great, optimistic one. It's been getting away from that the past couple cycles and I don't even see it now. Certainly not in Trump or the majority of his supporters. I'm very close to where I was in '92 - fed up with my party. I've been getting more disappointed in the party for years and Trump is the culmination of my disappointment. I'm sure as hell not switching back, but I'm not supporting Trump in any way. I hope he loses by a yuuuuuge landslide and Johnson gets at least 20% and GOP voters and the party learn a lesson and right the ship. If not I'll be a guy without a party.

what do you expect.

both parties are wholly owned subsidiaries of multinational corporations, (things, not even people, and with no allegiance to any country), and the super rich.

and as long as money = free speech, how can it possibly ever be any other way?

Michelle's speech was a speech for the ages. The entire evening was at such a high level that the petty barking cur dogs here are beneath one's dignity to respond to. I encourage people to enjoy this convention for what it is, let it bring you to a higher level, and avoid the carping antagos here that can only bring you down. The is no upside to engaging them whatsoever. They don't represent anyone worth communicating with. They're Old. White. Dupeds. who'll thankfully soon reach their expiration date.

Michelle's speech was a speech for the ages. The entire evening was at such a high level that the petty barking cur dogs here are beneath one's dignity to respond to. I encourage people to enjoy this convention for what it is, let it bring you to a higher level, and avoid the carping antagos here that can only bring you down. The is no upside to engaging them whatsoever. They don't represent anyone worth communicating with. They're Old. White. Dupeds. who'll thankfully soon reach their expiration date.

She was perfect.
PERFECT.
Like a Disney movie ending.
No reasonable person can disagree.
Ever.
First one to stop clapping should be shot.
I'm serious.
Anyone who disagrees is unAmerican.

The statement itself says the gap has closed. A black First Lady now resides in a Presidential residence built by slaves. If you don't like how she is making the point, then that's on you.
Since she said, "wake up everyday" I don't think she is talking about it in a positive fashion. I think it's her way of saying America is still guilty today because of the past. Every day she is reminded because of where she wakes up. I on the other hand would like to think of it the way you said. We had slavery in our past,but we had a civil war and changed the Constitution to right this wrong.

Since she said, "wake up everyday" I don't think she is talking about it in a positive fashion. I think it's her way of saying America is still guilty today because of the past. Every day she is reminded because of where she wakes up. I on the other hand would like to think of it the way you said. We had slavery in our past,but we had a civil war and changed the Constitution to right this wrong.
Apparently you can't read, because that plainly isn't what she said. That's you imputing your own preconceptions to her.

Again, you barged into a thread about a speech you didn't see to rant about how the kids need to get off your lawn. Nothing you posted had anything to do with the subject of this thread. Obfuscate, evade, distract, divert -- this is what you do.
Stipulating that you are free to post as you wish and live your life as you wish, I submit that any and every time one reads or responds to stupid posts brings one down.* Taking the high road isn't easy until it's a habit.

*There's always an exception to the rule of course and here it's when one is stupider than the stupid, in which case, the stupid brings one up a bit.

Oh for the love of...

That's exactly the OPPOSITE of what she said. You can't possibly be this delusional.

Like most thinks concerning Trump, I hate his slogan too. When I switched parties I switched to the positive, America IS great, optimistic one. It's been getting away from that the past couple cycles and I don't even see it now. Certainly not in Trump or the majority of his supporters. I'm very close to where I was in '92 - fed up with my party. I've been getting more disappointed in the party for years and Trump is the culmination of my disappointment. I'm sure as hell not switching back, but I'm not supporting Trump in any way. I hope he loses by a yuuuuuge landslide and Johnson gets at least 20% and GOP voters and the party learn a lesson and right the ship. If not I'll be a guy without a party.

You couldn't have said it better. I had this discussion with relatives over the weekend. When did America become a not great country? Or when exactly was it once great?

It's such a bullshit slogan, but the mouth breathers just eat it up.

I also used to be a member of a party that eschewed pessimistic tones. That convention was the antithesis of the party I knew. I'm done with them, I use GOP mailers for cleaning up dog shit now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxCoke
You couldn't have said it better. I had this discussion with relatives over the weekend. When did America become a not great country? Or when exactly was it once great?

It's such a bullshit slogan, but the mouth breathers just eat it up.

I also used to be a member of a party that eschewed optimistic tones. That convention was the antithesis of the party I knew. I'm done with them, I use GOP mailers for cleaning up dog shit now.
Compare the unrelenting fear-mongering of the current Republican campaign to the glowing optimism of Ronald Reagan's "Prouder, Stronger, Better" -- one of the best campaign ads ever.

This is correct. In context, her comment was just part of undermining Trump's claim that America is no longer great. She nailed it.
IF your definition of America being great is focused on the closed opportunity gap, you would be correct.

iIf the definition expands to economic stability, infrastructure, education, healthcare, or national security/foreign policy, not sure how any rationale individual could think America is as strong in those areas as we've been in the past compared to the rest of the world.

I was usually good about posting links or saying things that were easily verifiable. When I gave opinions I would either say it was an opinion or things like "I think" or "seems to me". With the stuff allowed to slide the last few weeks I just said to hell with it.
That's BS. The vast majority of your posts are hilariously failed attempts at witticisms that generally boil down to "Republicans bad, Democrats good." You rarely post links to prove what you say or qualify your attempts at witty one liners as just your opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT