ADVERTISEMENT

Haley

Christie as AG would be a disaster. We need someone in there who will identify the FBI and deep state actors who have tried to thwart Trump and then find a crime to stick on them. Someone who will twist and contort abstract legal theories to go after any Democrat in a position of power, anywhere. Litigate the case against Trump’s attackers to the ends of the earth.

It needs to be a Justice department of vengeance, because mutually assured destruction is the only way that this current Justice department can be responded to. Anything less, is tacit acceptance and they will go back to the playbook again next time they have the opportunity.
Sorry, I want a no nonsense guy like Christie with no fear. Just do the damn job fairly.

I am sick of favors for politicians and millionaires. Break the law and get punishment.

In a close race this could be huge. Basically saying to those white suburban women that "it's okay". There are many out there who know Trump will be the better President but they have to cast their vote in a socially acceptable manner.

Reactions: DANC
In a close race this could be huge. Basically saying to those white suburban women that "it's okay". There are many out there who know Trump will be the better President but they have to cast their vote in a socially acceptable manner.
He should put her as VP. I know Trump has come out and ruled it out, but it would be brilliant.

Only bad part would be the VP debate. I want someone like Vance or Vivek to litigate the case against Harris and Biden and completely embarrass her like Pence did in 2020. Haley doesn't have that kind of rhetorical ability.

Too bad? That can’t be a surprise.
It’s an opposite, counter syop, inverted to mean the opposite. Nothing less nothing more.
It’s the only thing that makes, or doesn’t make sense, to all of his stances. Unless, of course it’s all been meant to obfuscate the true intention, which wasn’t the objective to begin with…..

So Christie is the only contender left with a backbone?

IMO, Haley is still interested in possibly having a political future versus taking her talent into the world of free enterprise.

Cannot blame her for keeping her options open by not further offending Trump who is the current head of the GOP.

IMO, Haley is still interested in possibly having a political future versus taking her talent into the world of free enterprise.

Cannot blame her for keeping her options open by not further offending Trump who is the current head of the GOP.

She could have just kept her mouth shut. No need to slam Trump or say she's voting for Biden or someone else, just claim she hasn't decided or whatever lame excuse she might come up with. If/when Trump is defeated, she's automatically the frontrunner.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
She could have just kept her mouth shut. No need to slam Trump or say she's voting for Biden or someone else, just claim she hasn't decided or whatever lame excuse she might come up with. If/when Trump is defeated, she's automatically the frontrunner.
Biden as a progressive is miles away from Haley on the political policy spectrum. She did the right thing

But what if Trump wins?

I'm not sure the lack of an endorsement would hurt her in 2028. I suppose it would depend on what happens in a second Trump administration. If it's a shitshow, then she'll be fine with mainstream Republicans hoping to get beyond Trumpism, but the Dems will have the upper hand regardless. If it's a "success", she can be effusive in her praise and pledge to keep on keepin' on.

If she ever planned on running for President again she would be an idiot to say she is undecided.

I don’t think it’s that deep. A Republican voting for the Republican candidate for President isn’t newsworthy. I’ll take her at her word, Biden is a disaster and she thinks Trump was a better President.

If she ever planned on running for President again she would be an idiot to say she is undecided.

I don't think she needed to say anything. I don't know that anyone cares if she endorses Trump or not, as long as she doesn't blast him. Fade into the background, let things play out, then get back into the game in 2026.

Of course, this is all just me gaming out what I'd do if I was Haley and cared about my dignity.

She’s trying not to offend Trumpsters too much, not Trump. It’s political calculus and it might not work out for her.

I don't think she needed to say anything. I don't know that anyone cares if she endorses Trump or not, as long as she doesn't blast him. Fade into the background, let things play out, then get back into the game in 2026.

Of course, this is all just me gaming out what I'd do if I was Haley and cared about my dignity.
She fashions herself as a representative. REPRESENTATIVE. she said the border etc is what she thinks is in the best interest of the people. Her charge. trump being a scumbag is of no moment. And that’s even assuming she doesn’t think same of Biden which she might with all the race baiting etc

Shows that principles and dignity are rare among politicians.
So Christie is the only contender left with a backbone?
There is zero reason for a Republican to vote for Biden and Harris.

I can think of several to vote for Trump and who ever. Trump certainly has flaws which might be disqualifying with a different opposing choice.

Not all traditional Pubs are happy...

I don't think she needed to say anything.
Lets be serious here. You simply didn't want her too say anything. Nothing less, nothing more. You want him gone, AT ALL COST. AT ANY COST. Grassy knoll kinda talk there sir. This type of speech can be considered inciting, so you may need to check yourself, before you find yourself on the wrong side of the DOJ..... Just a heads up Mark. Other's have fallen into this trap you are setting for yourself.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
She is making the decision that a bunch of people will this November. Not everyone that goes and pulls the lever for Trump is some unprincipled swine or cult member. It is a 2 horse race or throw away your vote. Both horses are morally and ethically questionable and challenged so it really comes down to policies. Biden and the current Democrat Party are a really hard sell to most people who fall in the conservative sphere and many of us aren't willing to take a second calculated failure to see how much worse Biden's handlers can screw things up. That decision becomes even easier based on how healthy (mentally and physically) he appears to not be considering his #2 is a complete moron who you wouldn't trust to watch your pet hamster.

Trump isn't a great guy but having conservative or more conservative leaning individuals in charge of all the executive departments is generally a better proposition than the Democrats and their Progressive neo-religion.

She is making the decision that a bunch of people will this November. Not everyone that goes and pulls the lever for Trump is some unprincipled swine or cult member. It is a 2 horse race or throw away your vote. Both horses are morally and ethically questionable and challenged so it really comes down to policies. Biden and the current Democrat Party are a really hard sell to most people who fall in the conservative sphere and many of us aren't willing to take a second calculated failure to see how much worse Biden's handlers can screw things up. That decision becomes even easier based on how healthy (mentally and physically) he appears to not be considering his #2 is a complete moron who you wouldn't trust to watch your pet hamster.

Trump isn't a great guy but having conservative or more conservative leaning individuals in charge of all the executive departments is generally a better proposition than the Democrats and their Progressive neo-religion.
I can understand Trump hatred. He has a lot of qualities that I strongly dislike.

But this thread points out a deeper problem. People aren’t satisfied with hating Trump, they gotta hate all those who say they will vote for Trump.

Well, I’ll say again, I’m with Nikki, I’m voting for Trump. There is simply too much at stake to allow me the luxury of hate driving my decisions.

I wonder how effective a campaign commercial would be that went something like this (not the whole campaign, maybe something that drops a few days before the election):

You can tell anyone you want you voted for Biden. No need to ruin friendships or working relationships because the world has gone mad.

But when you're in that booth and picking the candidate that you truly think has the best shot at turning this country around, you know who you should pick. And no one will know.

Trump 2024

No she's not. Not at all. If she doesn't make peace with Trump, there is no chance for her to be successful in the Republican Party in the future.

Realpolitik. Look it up.

Reactions: stollcpa
I wonder how effective a campaign commercial would be that went something like this (not the whole campaign, maybe something that drops a few days before the election):

You can tell anyone you want you voted for Biden. No need to ruin friendships or working relationships because the world has gone mad.

But when you're in that booth and picking the candidate that you truly think has the best shot at turning this country around, you know who you should pick. And no one will know.

Trump 2024
Bill Barr said he will vote for Trump. He has nothing to gain except the better candidate.

Trump 2024
Honestly, a whole bunch of people already do that. I think most educated conservatives (at least) realized that our liberal friends and acquaintances can't handle the differences in opinion, so when they are going off about how horrible Trump is, we kind of just let them go. Having ambiguity around the vote so that they may suspect but they don't completely know is the way to go. I think a whole bunch of people are in the "man...I don't like the guy but Biden just isn't it" category and will be in November too. A bunch of people will appear to be not on board with Trump but will still vote for him because of the calculus behind everything else.

Honestly, a whole bunch of people already do that. I think most educated conservatives (at least) realized that our liberal friends and acquaintances can't handle the differences in opinion, so when they are going off about how horrible Trump is, we kind of just let them go. Having ambiguity around the vote so that they may suspect but they don't completely know is the way to go. I think a whole bunch of people are in the "man...I don't like the guy but Biden just isn't it" category and will be in November too. A bunch of people will appear to be not on board with Trump but will still vote for him because of the calculus behind everything else.
For sure. Trump’s completely awful but it beats a progressive menu of bs

Reactions: dr.jb and jet812
There is zero reason for a Republican to vote for Biden and Harris.

I can think of several to vote for Trump and who ever. Trump certainly has flaws which might be disqualifying with a different opposing choice.
There is no reason for any sane Republican to ever endorse Trump. I've never seen a person less fit to be President than Trump.

Reactions: walkerman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT