ADVERTISEMENT

Grooming Behavior

I am Baptist and thus not Catholic. I do have a heart for the good Catholic Priests who do not molest children. They have to be going through a rough time in the current climate because they get stigmatized and didn't do anything wrong.
I wouldn’t say it’s limited to Catholics. But yeah, being stereotyped like that is wrong, whether it’s a priest, a preacher or a drag queen.

I wouldn’t say it’s limited to Catholics. But yeah, being stereotyped like that is wrong, whether it’s a priest, a preacher or a drag queen.
I wouldn't say a word to the drag queens who do shows for adults. We do live in America. It is them doing it in front of kids that is the problem. The Hodge Twins made a good point that drag queens are sex workers. It is not like they are bankers who just do this on the side. I am not sure if that is always true but it is usually true what the Hodge Twins said.

I wouldn't say a word to the drag queens who do shows for adults. We do live in America. It is them doing it in front of kids that is the problem. The Hodge Twins made a good point that drag queens are sex workers. It is not like they are bankers who just do this on the side. I am not sure if that is always true but it is usually true what the Hodge Twins said.
They aren’t sex workers. They are entertainers. And 99% do it as a hobby and don’t get paid. The Hodge twins sound like idiots whoever they are.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I wouldn't say a word to the drag queens who do shows for adults. We do live in America. It is them doing it in front of kids that is the problem. The Hodge Twins made a good point that drag queens are sex workers. It is not like they are bankers who just do this on the side. I am not sure if that is always true but it is usually true what the Hodge Twins said
Fundamentalist religion in front of children is a problem.

Fundamentalism is just believing what the Bible teaches. I do not shy away in saying I believe it. It's why I spend time in study and prayer because I want to get it right in teaching and preaching the Word.
That’s great. I respect that. But you don’t get decide what’s a “problem” for children based on what you believe. The world doesn’t have to orbit around what religion you happen to believe in and what interpretations you take from that particular religion. Sorry if that somehow seems unfair to you. I know fundamentalist will NEVER get this but I will still say it.

Reactions: Sope Creek
The Hodge Twins made a good point that drag queens are sex workers. It is not like they are bankers who just do this on the side.
I read about a drag queen who made it to Congress - - as a (gasp!) member of the family values party!

• Haha
Reactions: IUINSB
It is if a parent doesn’t want their kid to hear or see it. Just like you guys decide anything you don’t want your kids to hear or see is bad for all children because you’ve decided it is.
Wut? Who is this "you guys" you speak of?

There are a host of churches and denominations that don't pretend to be fundamentalist and that do profess to be Christian. I would argue that those churches and denominations are closer to what is taught in biblical scripture.

There are a host of churches and denominations that don't pretend to be fundamentalist and that do profess to be Christian. I would argue that those churches and denominations are closer to what is taught in biblical scripture.
Ok. There are thousands of different “bibles” you know. No one being more entitled to dictate society. ( or no bible at all)

I read about a drag queen who made it to Congress - - as a (gasp!) member of the family values party!

where did this guy you were responding to get that drag queens don’t have full-time jobs.? Does he not leave his house?

“Denomination” fails biblical scripture.

“One church”

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
Can we just create a theology thread and stuff all these discussions under that, like we do the soccer thread?

Reactions: UncleMark
Can we just create a theology thread and stuff all these discussions under that, like we do the soccer thread?
In my defense, my posts are anti-ideology. It’s the other guys arguing about which tweak of their shared ideology should rule the world.

That’s great. I respect that. But you don’t get decide what’s a “problem” for children based on what you believe. The world doesn’t have to orbit around what religion you happen to believe in and what interpretations you take from that particular religion. Sorry if that somehow seems unfair to you. I know fundamentalist will NEVER get this but I will still say it.
Who does get to decide what’s a “problem” for children? It’s definitely what someone believes.

Who does get to decide what’s a “problem” for children? It’s definitely what someone believes.
A parent can decide that for their children. They don’t get to dictate that everybody else’s children must be shielded from it by law. It’s why this country was formed.

Last edited:
A parent can decide that for their children. They don’t get to dictate that everybody else’s children must be shielded from it by law.
That’s not true. People vote for elected leaders who enact laws that dictate what everybody’s children can do.

That’s not true. People vote for elected leaders who enact laws that dictate what everybody’s children can do.
They do. And the constitution is supposed to protect against laws meant to do what many advocate here, I.e., impose their own religious views on society as a whole.

They do. And the constitution is supposed to protect against laws meant to do what many advocate here, I.e., impose their own religious views on society as a whole.
The constitution separates church and state and protects citizens against the state. Allowing them to freely worship the religion (I’d argue no religion, as well) of their choice. Is making laws against murder imposing religious views?

They do. And the constitution is supposed to protect against laws meant to do what many advocate hear, I.e., impose their own religious views on society as a whol
The constitution separates church and state and protects citizens against the state from allowing them to freely worship the religion (I’d argue no religion, as well) of their choice. Is making laws against murder imposing religious views?
No. the Supreme Court utilizes a balancing test based on objective harms which doesn’t utilize religious beliefs. (In theory anyway). There is objective harm to people who are murdered Independant of any religious belief.

In my defense, my posts are anti-ideology. It’s the other guys arguing about which tweak of their shared ideology should rule the world.
Everyone’s morality is informed and motivated by their own emotions. As long as people can defend their law by reference to what’s good or bad for children without reference to religious doctrine, it doesn’t matter that their underlying motivation stems from religious belief.

Hold on now. If I believe that castrating young boys and cutting the mammary glands off of girls and giving these young people puberty blockers which can cause a lot of physical problems down the road then I can't promote those beliefs if they come from my Christian faith?

Everyone’s morality is informed and motivated by their own emotions. As long as people can defend their law by reference to what’s good or bad for children without reference to religious doctrine, it doesn’t matter that their underlying motivation stems from religious belief.
True. But the barm can’t be that it inconsistent with my religion or moral beliefs.

Hold on now. If I believe that castrating young boys and cutting the mammary glands off of girls and giving these young people puberty blockers which can cause a lot of physical problems down the road then I can't promote those beliefs if they come from my Christian faith?
Your subjective motivation is irrelevant. If scientists and mental health officials conclude transitioning cannot occur without having a negative effect overall then sure. I think that’s what they are trying to determine right now.

Can you point me to the chapter and verse that mentions “Lutherans”, “Methodists”, “Presbyterians”, etc. ?
I'm not disagreeing with you about the biblical origins of the "one church" idea. But that's clearly not the case in the 21st Century. The reality is that there are a ton of Christian denominations around the world. What is the fallout, if any, from that?

I'm not disagreeing with you about the biblical origins of the "one church" idea. But that's clearly not the case in the 21st Century. The reality is that there are a ton of Christian denominations around the world. What is the fallout, if any, from that?
I guess the fallout isn’t for us to decide but if we state we are christians shouldn’t we be following the example we were given?

Anything else is just some hodgepodge that Sparty or Bowlmania came up with.

They do. And the constitution is supposed to protect against laws meant to do what many advocate hear, I.e., impose their own religious views on society as a whol

No. the Supreme Court utilizes a balancing test based on objective harms which doesn’t utilize religious beliefs. (In theory anyway). There is objective harm to people who are murdered Independant of any religious belief.
That’s strange. It’s been a religious belief for several thousands years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT