ADVERTISEMENT

Grooming Behavior

I am Baptist and thus not Catholic. I do have a heart for the good Catholic Priests who do not molest children. They have to be going through a rough time in the current climate because they get stigmatized and didn't do anything wrong.
Yep. Only Catholic priests……smh

This took all of 5 seconds in a Google search.

Reactions: Bowlmania

There was a whole international ring involving the Baptist minister and congregation that led the Duggers on that reality show 19 and Counting or something like that.

I don't think I said only Catholics. We were talking specifically about Catholics. I do know this if someone was molested in my church the person who did it would be brought to justice. We would not hide anyone by sending them somewhere else etc. We would bring that sin out in the light.

I don't think I said only Catholics. We were talking specifically about Catholics. I do know this if someone was molested in my church the person who did it would be brought to justice. We would not hide anyone by sending them somewhere else etc. We would bring that sin out in the light.
We weren’t just talking about Catholics. The point is, it’s off putting for a group that has a worse history of abuse (religous leaders) to talk about a group that has little history of abuse (drag queens) being dangerous to their children. Drag queens shoul be fearful of their children being around religous leaders. BTW, whoever told you drag queens are professionals without jobs lied to you. They all have normal jobs except maybe a few celebrities. And yes, many have families and children.

Reactions: UncleMark

And then there's this organization.

Predators latch onto organizations and occupations where they have easy and frequent access to kids. It's effing disgusting.

And then there's this organization.

Predators latch onto organizations and occupations where they have easy and frequent access to kids. It's effing disgusting.
Watch Shiny Happy People. It’s a documentary on Netflix or Prime. They tell them to “honor thy father” and respect authority to commit the acts. Then say it was God’s command and that gossiping about the church will send you to hell to keep them quiet.

• Wow
The point is, it’s off putting for a group that has a worse history of abuse (religous leaders) to talk about a group that has little history of abuse (drag queens) being dangerous to their children.
I’ve seen this claim before but I’ve never seen documentation for it. Do you have a link?

Because we know clergy commit abuse at a lesser rate than the general population.

I know of no study done on drag queens.

Ok. There are thousands of different “bibles” you know. No one being more entitled to dictate society. ( or no bible at all)
Wut? There are a host of religious texts, and there are a number of books that didn't make it into the Christian bible. But I'm not clear on what you mean by "thousands of different "bibles"".

So far as I know there's only one that is generally accepted as the "Bible". Now the interpretation of that text is subject to wide ranging principles, and those interpretations are what folks disagree on . . . for example, I don't think that Van and I agree on much other than the basic principles from the Christian bible and the books in the Christian bible.

I agree that principles found in the Christian bible ought not "dictate society", except to the extent those principles are universal. I think all religions would agree with the last five ten commandments . . . no religion should be able to impose belief about God, as found in the first four commandments from the Pentatuch.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I’ve seen this claim before but I’ve never seen documentation for it. Do you have a link?

Because we know clergy commit abuse at a lesser rate than the general population.

I think it's more anecdotal than anything. If there were a rash of drag queens molesting kids and got caught, it'd at least make the conservative news with at least the frequency of news of clergy misconduct.

I think it's more anecdotal than anything. If there were a rash of drag queens molesting kids and got caught, it'd at least make the conservative news with at least the frequency of news of clergy misconduct.
Most of the Catholic priests molesting children were gay. Dressing up as a Drag queen might be better than dressing up as Priest in my opinion.

I’m not insinuating drag queens are worse. I honestly have no idea.

I was just curious.

Reactions: TMFT

We know that clergy, preachers, church staff commit abuse at a lesser rate than the population? If that’s true I’d be very surprised.

It's a culture wars fiction.

Where are the drag queen indictments and convictions?

Drag queens don't have the cover of powerful institutions like a large volunteer organization, a university or a church.

Btw, I'm not a fan of drag queen story hours, except maybe around Halloween. What's the point?

Be wary of sleepovers. Your married neighbor, the dad of one of your kid's friends, could be a predator.

Reactions: sobester
Ok. What is your interpretation?
The Apostles' Creed talks about one catholic church (not the denomination). But it is said in the Presbyterian churches I belonged to. So I'd say that my interpretation is that the statement is aspirational, not a statement of fact.

The Apostles' Creed talks about one catholic church (not the denomination). But it is said in the Presbyterian churches I belonged to. So I'd say that my interpretation is that the statement is aspirational, not a statement of fact.
I’ve just never been able to locate the words Catholic or Presbyterian in the Bible.

I’ve just never been able to locate the words Catholic or Presbyterian in the Bible.
"Catholic" vs. "catholic" (as used in my churches' Apostle's Creed). "catholic" means "church universal". Another way of thinking of it is "Roman Catholic" vs. "catholic".

Luther did that in . . . .

There's a Twitter account that documents a lot of trans people being caught. Can't recall the name.

Have you read the term "elder" in the bible? It's there. "Presbyterian" comes from the Greek word for elder. So the term "Presbyterian" denotes the form of governance used by the church . . . elder-ruled, although many of the elders today are young.

This is just like the word "presbyopia", which is the word for what happens to your eyes as you age. Reading glasses . . . .

I have read that the term "priest" also comes from the term "presbyter", which is the Greek word for "elder". https://www.etymonline.com/word/priest

Last edited:
Have you read the term "elder" in the bible? It's there. "Presbyterian" comes from the Greek word for elder, just like the word "presbyopia", which is the word for what happens to your eyes as you age. Reading glasses . . . .

I have read that the term "priest" also comes from the term "presbyter", which is the Greek word for "elder". https://www.etymonline.com/word/priest
Yes to elder

Reactions: Sope Creek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT