ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS thread for election nerds.

I believe you said there is not rule against it. You're wrong. Dude. There are rules.

Don't blame me for you making an open-ended statement that was wrong. You should work on that.
There are limits in the rules in how and how much (no limit on investment income), but there is no rule that they can’t have outside income. This is a fact. My statement was 100% factual. Don’t argue in bad faith by changing what I said and arguing against that. Boneheads do that. Don’t be a bonehead.

Reactions: MrBing
I'm a little tired of baseless accusations regarding facts. Opinions are one thing, obviously that is subjective. But I usually link my sources, so if you've got an example over the past 6 months where I claimed something was a fact and I was proven wrong, you can link that and I'll own up to it...

Not claiming I'm infallible or anything of the sort. But there are so many obvious trolls on this board who never deal with facts, and that's not my game. So I don't appreciate being lumped in as if I'm one of the right wing trolls...
I’m not going thru your posts but you can start with any of them where you said Fetterman was healthy enough to serve as a Senator.

Thad Cochran was not healthy enough to be elected to his last term and Fetterman did not show that he was healthy enough either.

Reactions: DANC
There are limits in the rules in how and how much (no limit on investment income), but there is no rule that they can’t have outside income. This is a fact. My statement was 100% factual. Don’t argue in bad faith by changing what I said and arguing against that. Boneheads do that. Don’t be a bonehead.
I never said they couldn't have outside income and you were not 100% factual because you said there were NO rules - you left that part out. You cannot draw a salary if it's contingent over voting a certain way - surely you know that?

There are rules. Own up to it or some might believe you are just trying to cover your ass.

I never said they couldn't have outside income and you were not 100% factual because you said there were NO rules - you left that part out. You cannot draw a salary if it's contingent over voting a certain way - surely you know that?

There are rules. Own up to it or some might believe you are just trying to cover your ass.
I said there was no rule against having outside income. That’s all, and it is 100% accurate. Everyone except you knows it. I think you know it too, but you’re dead set on being a bonehead. I’m done with you here.

I said there was no rule against having outside income. That’s all, and it is 100% accurate. Everyone except you knows it. I think you know it too, but you’re dead set on being a bonehead. I’m done with you here.
But there are rules against having outside income and I just gave you an example.

Again, you are so sure - "100%" - you have to be right. That's all you're concerned about and now you're embarrassed I proved you wrong.

My statement was, "Senators have had income other than their Senate pay since we’ve had Senators. There’s no rule they can’t."

That remains 100 percent accurate.

You've proved you enjoy being a bonehead, nothing more. I'm laughing at you.

I'm a little tired of baseless accusations regarding facts. Opinions are one thing, obviously that is subjective. But I usually link my sources, so if you've got an example over the past 6 months where I claimed something was a fact and I was proven wrong, you can link that and I'll own up to it...

Not claiming I'm infallible or anything of the sort. But there are so many obvious trolls on this board who never deal with facts, and that's not my game. So I don't appreciate being lumped in as if I'm one of the right wing trolls...
No one would lump you in with right wing trolls. You are clearly a left wing troll.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
My statement was, "Senators have had income other than their Senate pay since we’ve had Senators. There’s no rule they can’t."

That remains 100 percent accurate.

You've proved you enjoy being a bonehead, nothing more. I'm laughing at you.
But there is a rule they can't, if their employment is contingent on voting the right way.

It's called selling influence and it's illegal.

You know that, but can't admit your 'no rule they can't" is not correct.

You voted for Biden. I'm laughing at you, but crying for our country.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
But there is a rule they can't, if their employment is contingent on voting the right way.

He's got ya there, Aloha. You should have said that they weren't allowed to have illegal, corrupt income. Sloppy work there, swabbie.

LOL!

He's got ya there, Aloha. You should have said that they weren't allowed to have illegal, corrupt income. Sloppy work there, swabbie.
Yep, what I wrote was 100 percent factually accurate and he knows it, but apparently, I have to assume whatever income Warnock has is forbidden despite the fact that I explicitly said I know nothing about his income sources. I still don't. I've not bothered looking it up. I don't vote in Georgia. DANC can be a very strange character.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
And, of course, you thought it was perfectly OK for Don Jr. to meet with Russians before the election. Which was legal. Didn't complain about that, did you?

• Haha
And, of course, you thought it was perfectly OK for Don Jr. to meet with Russians before the election. Which was legal. Didn't complain about that, did you?

I think that's probably the most bizarre non-sequitur I've ever seen posted here. Congrats.

I think that's probably the most bizarre non-sequitur I've ever seen posted here. Congrats.
Only if you want to ignore the obvious.

We have been told that Don Jr meeting with Russians meant 100% that Trump was colluding with the Russians. Yet, there is no law - or evidence - that it is illegal to meet with anyone.

A Senator draws a salary from a church that owns slum properties and kicks out poor people and there's nothing wrong with it according to those who say it's not illegal to draw an outside salary.

The devil is in the details and I pointed that out. I'm sorry if you can't see that.

• Haha

We understand that you're perfected ok with colluding with Russians. We get it. Whatever it takes to win.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Only if you want to ignore the obvious.

We have been told that Don Jr meeting with Russians meant 100% that Trump was colluding with the Russians. Yet, there is no law - or evidence - that it is illegal to meet with anyone.

A Senator draws a salary from a church that owns slum properties and kicks out poor people and there's nothing wrong with it according to those who say it's not illegal to draw an outside salary.

The devil is in the details and I pointed that out. I'm sorry if you can't see that.

So if a member of the Biden family met with (insert dictator/mob boss) and then they proceeded to assist with a misinformation campaign to help Biden win election, then you would be ok with that?

lmao. You guys are getting all bent out of shape at the possibility of Biden asking Twitter to squash misinformation on their social media site (which is something both political parties have done)..let alone colluding with a foreign country.

I'll catch hell here for this, but I don't care. I gave a small amount to what I thought was Walker's campaign before the election. The only other time I've ever given to a political campaign was over 20 years ago and it was $100. I can't remember who it was to - probably GW Bush.

Anyway, after I gave to what I thought was Walker, I got a text from Nikki Haley - her political PAC - thanking me for my donation! WTF? I didn't give to her - well, I guess I did.

That has soured me on ever giving any money to any politician. Not only that, but all the mail I get begging for donations - the cost of all that greatly exceeds what I've given. It's ridiculous.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So if a member of the Biden family met with (insert dictator/mob boss) and then they proceeded to assist with a misinformation campaign to help Biden win election, then you would be ok with that?

lmao. You guys are getting all bent out of shape at the possibility of Biden asking Twitter to squash misinformation on their social media site (which is something both political parties have done)..let alone colluding with a foreign country.
The Biden family regularly meets with dictator/mob bosses. That's not the issue. The issue is the money they are getting for selling influence.

Don't be such a dunce.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I'll catch hell here for this, but I don't care. I gave a small amount to what I thought was Walker's campaign before the election. The only other time I've ever given to a political campaign was over 20 years ago and it was $100. I can't remember who it was to - probably GW Bush.

Anyway, after I gave to what I thought was Walker, I got a text from Nikki Haley - her political PAC - thanking me for my donation! WTF? I didn't give to her - well, I guess I did.

That has soured me on ever giving any money to any politician. Not only that, but all the mail I get begging for donations - the cost of all that greatly exceeds what I've given. It's ridiculous.
Yep. They don’t go away either. I’ve reported stay at home Pete to instagram twice

You mean you were duped? What a surprise? That’s what you get for donating to a man like that.

THE LINCOLN PROJECT STATEMENT ON REVEREND WARNOCK’S REELECTION WIN

December 6, 2022 — The Lincoln Project releases the following statement celebrating Rev. Raphael Warnock’s victory in the Georgia Senate runoff election:

“In a week where former President Trump called for suspending the constitution, the voters of Georgia showed their resolve to stop an anti-democratic candidate from taking power. Rev. Warnock’s reelection is a victory for democracy as he can be counted on to put principles and the nation above any personal interest.

“Donald Trump and other election deniers who want to destroy our democratic institutions are running for office in 2024. They still pose a significant threat to democracy and individual rights and must be defeated. The midterm elections showed there is a formidable number of Americans who are committed to ensuring that American democracy does not end.”

The Lincoln Project is a leading pro-democracy organization in the United States — dedicated to the preservation, protection, and defense of democracy.

Reactions: MrBing
I’m not going thru your posts but you can start with any of them where you said Fetterman was healthy enough to serve as a Senator.

Thad Cochran was not healthy enough to be elected to his last term and Fetterman did not show that he was healthy enough either.
"Fetterman did not show that he was healthy enough either."

You're turning into a bad faith poster similar to DANC. You're stating an opinion, not a fact ,and expecting others to take you at face value when you pretend otherwise.. The reality is that even Republican voters in PA and GA disagreed with your opinions regarding Fetterman and Warnock and their fitness for office...

You make it sound as if Fetterman had to disconnect himself from IV lines and take an ambulance to his campaign appearances. Yet the fact is he got more votes in Red counties than Trump did, and those were people who primarily voted on election day, after the televised and much discussed debate...

So you maintain that Fetterman was not healthy enough, but the majority of voters in PA, Dem. Independent and even GOP disagreed. So I'd say more voters agreed with my position than yours...

THE LINCOLN PROJECT STATEMENT ON REVEREND WARNOCK’S REELECTION WIN

December 6, 2022 — The Lincoln Project releases the following statement celebrating Rev. Raphael Warnock’s victory in the Georgia Senate runoff election:

“In a week where former President Trump called for suspending the constitution, the voters of Georgia showed their resolve to stop an anti-democratic candidate from taking power. Rev. Warnock’s reelection is a victory for democracy as he can be counted on to put principles and the nation above any personal interest.

“Donald Trump and other election deniers who want to destroy our democratic institutions are running for office in 2024. They still pose a significant threat to democracy and individual rights and must be defeated. The midterm elections showed there is a formidable number of Americans who are committed to ensuring that American democracy does not end.”

The Lincoln Project is a leading pro-democracy organization in the United States — dedicated to the preservation, protection, and defense of democracy.
You should watch the new Lincoln Project documentary on Showtime. It’s does an amazing job of diving deep into the grift, shows the seedy underbelly of the group and how the “ We’re Republican” schtick is all a false narrative for the ill-informed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT