ADVERTISEMENT

Garland

IUCharlie5

Redshirt
Jul 31, 2017
I know this sounds bad that I let Garland bother me, but I can’t stand this dude lol. First he played IU like a fiddle and now he is whining saying if Romeo doesn’t come to Vandy he will be upset. I feel like Garland is our biggest hurdle in the Romeo sweepstakes. Anyone else feel this way or am I just being dumb about this? I know it shouldn’t even bother me, it’s just a player wanting to play with another player, but something about the way he is just annoys me.
http://bluehqmedia.com/indiana-recruiting-update-romeo-langford/

I know this sounds bad that I let Garland bother me, but I can’t stand this dude lol. First he played IU like a fiddle and now he is whining saying if Romeo doesn’t come to Vandy he will be upset. I feel like Garland is our biggest hurdle in the Romeo sweepstakes. Anyone else feel this way or am I just being dumb about this? I know it shouldn’t even bother me, it’s just a player wanting to play with another player, but something about the way he is just annoys me.
http://bluehqmedia.com/indiana-recruiting-update-romeo-langford/
Nope. What a high school kid says doesn't bother me.

And I don't watch network news either.

Accent the positive. Throw away the negative.

Make the world yours.

Watch IU's defense tonight. We just might win this one.

I know that, I’m not saying it that way. I’m just saying I wish Garland would leave him alone and let him decide on his own. Doesn’t need garland chirping in his ear every day. Doesn’t help us any.
You don't think guys like Phinissee are talking to Romeo about coming to IU. Those two set right next to each other during the whole game against NW and I bet they talked about Romeo coming to IU.
You ae taking this way to seriously and maybe you should just let this play out. It will be great if Romeo decides to come to IU but if he doesn't IU will be just fine.

Your right. Forgot to eat my breakfast this morning and have my coffee. Guess I was really just looking for a conversation starter. Go Hoosiers!

Your right. Forgot to eat my breakfast this morning and have my coffee. Guess I was really just looking for a conversation starter. Go Hoosiers!

Ha No, I completely understand where you're coming from. The problem with Garland's statement is its a COMPLETELY selfish and hypocritical one. So Garland is beyond excited that he is playing in his home state............but then is going to be "mad" if Romeo leaves his home state and goes to Vandy?! Pretty sure Darius had an equal opportunity to join Romeo at IU and instead chose Vandy. So, wouldn't Romeo have just as much of a gripe as Darius?

It's time for Darius to move a long little feller....

Ha No, I completely understand where you're coming from. The problem with Garland's statement is its a COMPLETELY selfish and hypocritical one. So Garland is beyond excited that he is playing in his home state............but then is going to be "mad" if Romeo leaves his home state and goes to Vandy?! Pretty sure Darius had an equal opportunity to join Romeo at IU and instead chose Vandy. So, wouldn't Romeo have just as much of a gripe as Darius?

It's time for Darius to move a long little feller....

NAILED IT

After both of their IU officials to Hysteria and the way Garland manipulated his IU interest, I wonder if he only didn’t come to get closer to Romeo as a recruiting tactic

Reactions: IUgradman
After both of their IU officials to Hysteria and the way Garland manipulated his IU interest, I wonder if he only didn’t come to get closer to Romeo as a recruiting tactic

You need to step away from your computer for a few hours/days and find some other interests besides your obsession with Garland.

Reactions: GoldRiver
“I chose Vandy because it’s home. You can’t just turn down a hometown school like that with a great education. Yeah, I’m super excited. We have a good recruiting class coming in.”

A quote from Garland.

Who knows. Maybe Langford feels the same way about Indiana.

I already like the guys IU has signed.... Can't wait to see them in a jersey with INDIANA on it... Don't borrow trouble... In CAM we trust!

Reactions: IUCharlie5
He and his dad played the IU media and fanbase and then stabbed us in the back. They never seriously considered IU. The fact that Garland specifically said IU was not in his top two was a clear attempt to delegitimize us in the eyes of Romeo. Then the kid got suspended for a game. Sketchy little punk.

Exactly my feelings... he is a whiny little punk threatening to uninvite Romeo to his birthday party if he doesn’t come to Vandy.

On the positive side I think if they really we're a two for one they would have announced together like Ty Jones and Okefore did for Duke.

On the negative side I still have a theory that Romeo to Vandy is a done deal but he wants to get through the season before he slips out so he doesn't have to deal with the back lash.

So with anything, you can talk yourself into whatever narrative you want to choose. Lol

I don’t understand the infatuation with Garland & Vandy. Garland didn’t chose good ol IU. Move on. IU should worry about Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas & the BIG teams are doing. My how far has IU fallen.

I don’t understand the infatuation with Garland & Vandy. Garland didn’t chose good ol IU. Move on. IU should worry about Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas & the BIG teams are doing. My how far has IU fallen.

Garland is trying to actively recruit Langford to Vandy. That’s why....

Purdue got their once a generation 5 star already, that’s why you don’t understand.

So what happens if Painter can’t get past the Sweet 16 with the greatest Purdue team ever? If i was Painter, might be time to move on to a better job.

Garland is trying to actively recruit Langford to Vandy. That’s why....

Purdue got their once a generation 5 star already, that’s why you don’t understand.

So what happens if Painter can’t get past the Sweet 16 with the greatest Purdue team ever? If i was Painter, might be time to move on to a better job.
Not a Purdue fan.

Eh, I'm over him. He might be a one and done, or need a second year. Either way, we will get someone else to do 80-90% of what he can do. Garland will be at Vandy and disappear until draft day.

By Garland's logic, Chicago 5 star kids need to attend Northwestern to play basketball closer to home and go to a good school.

Eh, I'm over him. He might be a one and done, or need a second year. Either way, we will get someone else to do 80-90% of what he can do. Garland will be at Vandy and disappear until draft day.

By Garland's logic, Chicago 5 star kids need to attend Northwestern to play basketball closer to home and go to a good school.
Garland should have went to Belmont which is in Nashville and has been as successful as Vandy has.

You don't think guys like Phinissee are talking to Romeo about coming to IU. Those two set right next to each other during the whole game against NW and I bet they talked about Romeo coming to IU.

No they didn't.
Robert was a row behind Romeo and a couple of seats closer to the baseline than Romeo.
I watched for interaction between the two a fair amount of times during lulls in game action.
I didn't see them speak to each other. Hell, I didn't even see them look at each other.
I'd be surprised if they didn't speak at some point, but they weren't chatty by any means.

Maybe it's just me, but I think IU fans should continue to show support for Garland. Looks good/classy on our part to show appreciation for a kid that spoke highly of us and gave us positive media exposure. My hope is that 2019 recruits and on followed his recruitment and consider IU as a possible destination because of it. Turning our backs on guys just because they find another school more fitting is kinda childish.

As for Darius' response, I don't think his use of "upset" means that he'd resent Romeo for choosing IU or KU. If you asked Quentin Grimes, or any of the IU recruits, they would also say the same thing. All these guys just simply want to play with Romeo because he's obviously an elite player.

I hope Romeo realizes it's ironic for Darius to say that playing for your hometown team is something you don't pass up, yet is trying to convince Romeo to do the exact opposite.

At the end of the day, Romeo will do what is best for HIMSELF.

Maybe it's just me, but I think IU fans should continue to show support for Garland.

It is just you.
I don't have any ill will for Garland, but why in the hell should an IU fan continue to show support for a Vandy player? Your reasoning is ridiculous.
Is he always going to be part of the IU family?

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT