ADVERTISEMENT

Fire him now!

He also missed the tournament twice in four years, after he rebuilt it. His highs were tolerable. His lows were too low.

Miller is still building it. It has been slower than I wanted or expected, but it's still going up, in my (and kenpom's) view. We improved this year despite losing our two best players. We may return all 5 starters. Our best player already said he is coming back. We probably make the tourney this year, and anything can happen there.
Our league standing has fallen each year. Improvement has to be relative to the other teams in our conference. He's not getting it done.

Reactions: Upset Alert
I've gone back and forth on Archie Miller at IU. I'm in the neutral, gray area. I'm neither pounding my first supporting him or calling for him to be fired. If there isn't significant improvement next season, I'll be fully on board with pulling the plug.

It's one of those deals where I honestly don't know what his program would look like two or even three years from now. Could it turn out to be a consistent program where guys stick around for three to four years and develop? I can't rule that out. I don't claim to know anything about coaching or building a program, but results need to come next season or that will be the nail in the coffin for Miller.
If TJD returns and Lander is as good as advertised, there will be no excuses for IU not winning more games next season.

If we’re in this same situation next year I’ll agree it’s time for Archie to go.

Leadership comes from your veteran players. We get nothing in terms of leadership from our junior/senior classes. Blame Archie all you want, but that is on the players. What else should he do differently to “develop” leadership?

And I might add - in terms of talent - Rutgers IS better than us because they’ve got 3-4 year guys who have bought into what their coach wants. Our jr/sr haven’t.
Forget what he should do differently - what is he actually doing (and what has he been doing for the last three years) to develop the leadership for which they continue to lack?

Rela
He also missed the tournament twice in four years, after he rebuilt it. His highs were tolerable. His lows were too low.

Miller is still building it. It has been slower than I wanted or expected, but it's still going up, in my (and kenpom's) view. We improved this year despite losing our two best players. We may return all 5 starters. Our best player already said he is coming back. We probably make the tourney this year, and anything can happen there.
Relative to the rest of the Big 10, IU has declined this year. That’s objective fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
How can any of the Archie apologists, such as yourself, declare this team is better than last year with "all those injuries" that occured? Wouldn't that mean there is insufficient evidence to declare either way? You guys need to keep your excuses straight, so we know what you're really trying to defend. Otherwise, just keep drinking the loaded kool-aid and get more sleep so you don't fall asleep at your computer when you reply with your zzzzz's.

another zombie mumbling the same mediocrity chant while not understanding that leagues can’t possibly be static from year to year. Ya, not being good sucks but reading overly dumb theories about it daily becomes a tad tiresome (zzzzzz). But I guess you like their style, so keep on propping up the poop!

another zombie mumbling the same mediocrity chant while not understanding that leagues can’t possibly be static from year to year. Ya, not being good sucks but reading overly dumb theories about it daily becomes a tad tiresome (zzzzzz). But I guess you like their style, so keep on propping up the poop!
People are calling you dumb and emotional because you’re posting dumb and emotional stuff. Take a break if you’re unable to post anything of value.

People are calling you dumb and emotional because you’re posting dumb and emotional stuff. Take a break if you’re unable to post anything of value.

ya, tough to read anything here without seeing all the posts calling you smart. Lol.

“ya”? Thanks for validating what I said. Again. Take a break since you’re not able to talk hoops. Less stress for you, which can only help.

okay, the dumb reply robot as been rebooted for the day. When the site says you have to wait 15 seconds between posts doesn’t mean you actually have to post EVERY 15 seconds. But it’s getting near nap time so do your thing. Zzzz

okay, the dumb reply robot as been rebooted for the day. When the site says you have to wait 15 seconds between posts doesn’t mean you actually have to post EVERY 15 seconds. But it’s getting near nap time so do your thing. Zzzz
You continue to underwhelm . . .

Congratulations.

How were you THIS wrong?
How were you THIS wrong?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

If he is Ordfan how is he continuing to troll and why is he a troll? Honest question. I remember the name Ordfan from way back in the day - 20 years ago. Was Ordfan not an IU fan?

Sit them? Kick them off?

Ok - who is (was) he supposed to kick off? Don’t forget the sorry APR Crean left ( in retrospect, we got rid of guys when Crean arrived because of grades/drugs, then those same issues were part of Crean’s downfall).

Sit them? Ok, who is he supposed to sit? Devonte hasn’t started in some time. Phinisee was hurt early on (I’d been told he had an abdominal issue he would have to deal with all year back in December). So, you sit DG and Al and go with Phin and Armaan . . . Who are the subs? OR do you think Phin and AF are gonna somehow miraculously just become great playing 35+ minutes/GM’s? Did you not see how Morgan got worn out last year playing extended minutes in the post?

Everybody wants us to be better, we all do. But there aren’t a lot of “easy” answers for what ails us. Frustrating I know, but it’s reality.

Just by pure chance and statistics you’d think you’d get lucky on something. At least one thing. But you just continue to fail on all of your guarantees. It’s sad.
Please (again) list these “guarantees”.

Just search under Tas and guarantee. Then post it.

Only guarantee I’ll make is you won’t find one.

If he is Ordfan how is he continuing to troll and why is he a troll? Honest question. I remember the name Ordfan from way back in the day - 20 years ago. Was Ordfan not an IU fan?
This guy had changed usernames at least 10 times in the last 5 years. Same posting style, same crap.

Ok - who is (was) he supposed to kick off? Don’t forget the sorry APR Crean left ( in retrospect, we got rid of guys when Crean arrived because of grades/drugs, then those same issues were part of Crean’s downfall).

Sit them? Ok, who is he supposed to sit? Devonte hasn’t started in some time. Phinisee was hurt early on (I’d been told he had an abdominal issue he would have to deal with all year back in December). So, you sit DG and Al and go with Phin and Armaan . . . Who are the subs? OR do you think Phin and AF are gonna somehow miraculously just become great playing 35+ minutes/GM’s? Did you not see how Morgan got worn out last year playing extended minutes in the post?

Everybody wants us to be better, we all do. But there aren’t a lot of “easy” answers for what ails us. Frustrating I know, but it’s reality.

lol...that wasn’t the premise of my post. Enjoy your day.

Please (again) list these “guarantees”.

Just search under Tas and guarantee. Then post it.

Only guarantee I’ll make is you won’t find one.
You were wrong on Archie.
You were wrong on most of our players.
You were dead wrong on this season.
And you were even more wrong on UK, OSU, UL.

Reactions: ndhuntington
You continue to troll Ordfan . . . Prankster Mary . . . IU DanaPoint . . . What is the next username?
No, but this remains your favorite deflection in the absence of any real substance from you. You ask plenty of rhetorical questions in support of your lowered expectations yet you offer nothing of value for the board. It’s a common trait among those of you in the Lowered Expectations Society.

& failed at Alabama. I suppose you knew when he was at Alabama he’d be great somewhere else. Why do you think he’s doing so much better at Dayton?
Bc alabama is a football school. Shucks, they even have a statue to their fb coach and he aint even daid yet.
I consider it a bigger accomplishment to be at a midmajor school and end up the season in the top five. Iu was #1 under crean but he had nowhere to go but down as we expected him to do despite having some great players. Anyhoo, I’d still vote for Dakich rather than combing the countryside for the next hit or miss guy.
Thx for your reply. Go Hoosiers!

Agreed. I hope he does well and we can get our mojo back. Thx!

Huh? A couple months ago you wanted to meet up and fight. That’s off? Now you want to ignore me? Why have I been paying this striking coach then? Lol.

see what I was saying about your feelz? They get the best of you every time. Bob Knight told you guys not to be pussies about this cultural change but you just didn’t want to listen. Lolz.
*I* want this fight to happen! Who doesn’t?!!! Afterwards you two can have rough make up sex! It’s going to be the greatest event in the history of Peegs!

Reactions: RunninRichie
Our league standing has fallen each year. Improvement has to be relative to the other teams in our conference. He's not getting it done.
It does not have to be relative to the other teams in the conference. That's an arbitrary measurement that really has no bearing on our ultimate goals. Either you win the BIG, which is nice, or you don't. No one cares if we finished 4th or 7th otherwise. The big ten is the best conference in the country this year, with unprecedented depth. It's been a very weird season. So, we finished tied for 10th. I'm not happy about it, but it doesn't mean we didn't improve. Our record actually did improve this year, anyhow.

Reactions: jet812
You were wrong on Archie.
You were wrong on most of our players.
You were dead wrong on this season.
And you were even more wrong on UK, OSU, UL.
Really? I made GUARANTEES on all of those things, right?

So, let’s see ‘em.

No, but this remains your favorite deflection in the absence of any real substance from you. You ask plenty of rhetorical questions in support of your lowered expectations yet you offer nothing of value for the board. It’s a common trait among those of you in the Lowered Expectations Society.

Troll on, Ordfan.

Wondering where you’ve been radio!
I take some time off the forum to get divorce proceedings started against my throuple and you go and change your username in the meantime?

But in the end I tracked you down.

EDIT. Corrected a typographical error which I made like a trashed out skank.

EDIT. Attempted more delicate use of term “trashed out skank.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT