ADVERTISEMENT

Fire him now!

Rent free, 24/7
Yes, and I appreciate you letting me live in your head. Is that why you’re never able to reply to any basketball questions? Still laughing that you didn’t realize coaches track deflections. You sure you follow the sport? Lol

you're a poopie

no, you're a poopie

no, you're a poopie,

no you're a poopie

no you're, a poopie

no, you're a poopie

no, you're a poopie

But relative to the other conference schools, we’re worse. That’s why it does seem, if not debatable, certainly inconclusive.
There are two sets of data, pointing in different directions. One of those sets of data is more extensive, more nuanced, excludes more irrelevant data, and has exponentially more data points.

The other is a small sample of data from a partial season with no nuance in the data. It doesn't account for strength of schedule. It doesn't account for the unbalanced schedule. It doesn't account for luck.

One of those data sets is worthy of using to draw conclusions. One is not. But, the useful data is not inconclusive, especially not at this point in the season. The conclusion is not less valid because you don't like it.

Reactions: MrBing
There are two sets of data, pointing in different directions. One of those sets of data is more extensive, more nuanced, excludes more irrelevant data, and has exponentially more data points.

The other is a small sample of data from a partial season with no nuance in the data. It doesn't account for strength of schedule. It doesn't account for the unbalanced schedule. It doesn't account for luck.

One of those data sets is worthy of using to draw conclusions. One is not. But, the useful data is not inconclusive, especially not at this point in the season. The conclusion is not less valid because you don't like it.
Math dork.

How were you THIS wrong? Everything you’ve said has been dead wrong.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You claimed you got a text that Lander was for sure going to Louisville. You said the day that Lander committed that there was no way IU would get him. :D:D Then you deleted that and that's really funny because you missed all the other times you've made those guarantees. :D:D:D Then there was the Donovan claim. How did that turn out? NO ONE has been more wrong on their predictions and guarantees than you have.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You claimed you got a text that Lander was for sure going to Louisville. You said the day that Lander committed that there was no way IU would get him. :D:D Then you deleted that and that's really funny because you missed all the other times you've made those guarantees. :D:D:D Then there was the Donovan claim. How did that turn out? NO ONE has been more wrong on their predictions and guarantees than you have.
I’ve been right far more often than I’ve been wrong. I share what I hear. I can’t remember you ever bringing new information to this board. It’s a message board and not a newspaper for a reason.

So, at the end of the Big 10 season, how is the champion determined? At the end of the college basketball season, how is the champion determined? Are either of those results not valid, in your opinion?

So, at the end of the Big 10 season, how is the champion determined? At the end of the college basketball season, how is the champion determined? Are either of those results not valid, in your opinion?
He probably also believes Cam Newton is better than Tom Brady because of some irrelevant statistic.

Who *doesn’t* need a nap, sometimes? Smoke myself a nice fatty, open up the window to let the spring breeze in, throw “Tapestry” into the CD player, and float away ...
Had you as more of a “Wrap Around Joy” fan, but to each his / her own.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I got a LOT of macrame plant hangers, so you’ll understand the singer-songwriter thing.
And kaleidoscope pinwheels? How often do you sing “Nightingale” into your hairbrush? Has that been altered, in any way, by the Coronavirus pandemic?

Oh, gee, I don't know...(just kidding, I do).

The question of who is champion, and how we determine that when a round robin home and away is not practical, is different than the question of whether a team improved from one year to another.

We've spent a day discussing the proper way to measure oranges, and now you want to know why we don't grade apples based on how orange they are.

The answer is...because CBS and BTN won't pay us millions of dollars to do it that way.

He probably also believes Cam Newton is better than Tom Brady because of some irrelevant statistic.
Like you believed this?

I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Oh, gee, I don't know...(just kidding, I do).

The question of who is champion, and how we determine that when a round robin home and away is not practical, is different than the question of whether a team improved from one year to another.

We've spent a day discussing the proper way to measure oranges, and now you want to know why we don't grade apples based on how orange they are.

The answer is...because CBS and BTN won't pay us millions of dollars to do it that way.
No, we haven’t spent time doing that. You’re comparing results from one season (against that season’s competition) and declaring it as “improvement”, while dismissing any other objective criteria. I think that’s shortsighted and inaccurate.

The teams have improved each under Archie each year, which is easy to do when the bar is low. For comparison, Crean's last year, Indiana was ranked 44th on Kenpom. We're currently ranked 40th on Kenpom. It's taken Archie 3 years to have a team slightly better than Crean's last team, which caused him to get fired.
Crean didn’t get fired strictly for basketball performance. He could not recruit the state. He was entering his tenth season with only two scholarship players from Indiana (Hartman, Gelon). This compares to the six he had on his best roster in 2012-2013. Next year, Archie will have eight including Crean’s last class that had zero.

Crean didn’t get fired strictly for basketball performance. He could not recruit the state. He was entering his tenth season with only two scholarship players from Indiana (Hartman, Gelon). This compares to the six he had on his best roster in 2012-2013. Next year, Archie will have eight including Crean’s last class that had zero.
He was fired for “basketball performance”. If he was winning, the origin of his players wouldn’t have mattered in the least.

Last edited:
I’ve been right far more often than I’ve been wrong. I share what I hear. I can’t remember you ever bringing new information to this board. It’s a message board and not a newspaper for a reason.
I don't know that you've been right ever and it seems you've been wrong constantly. It doesn't help your credibility that you usually deny that you ever made the guarantees and that you try to erase the posts. It doesn't matter really because you're only here to bash IU and get people pissed at you. Doesn't seem like much of a life but it's yours.

I don't know that you've been right ever and it seems you've been wrong constantly. It doesn't help your credibility that you usually deny that you ever made the guarantees and that you try to erase the posts. It doesn't matter really because you're only here to bash IU and get people pissed at you. Doesn't seem like much of a life but it's yours.
Dumb. It’s just dumb to write what you did in the first sentence. Do you LIKE being that dumb? Sheesh.

Why are you so obsessed with predictions and whose right or not. Never seen a post about the game or why this play worked or not only Yada Yada Yada COACH Yada Yada Yada STARS

As I asked you yesterday, what should Archie be doing differently (besides winning more)?

I'll give you a quick example. Go back and watch the last 6 minutes and change of the game when Potter comes in. For some reason we leave our worst and smallest offensive post player in the game. We have several empty possessions and never once try to isolate Potter and get his 5th foul. Maybe put Davis in the game? It's the one thing he is actually really good at.

If you want to argue Race is better a defender, he was terrible the last 6 minutes. Wisconsin abused him. Potter had 2 offensive rebounds over him (his effort was piss poor on one of them) that led to an easy put back (foul) and a wide open 3. The lead went from 5 to down 3 in about 2 minutes.

After that Wisconsin just continued to run pick and rolls until they had Race on the point, which led to easy baskets off of drives that left the defense scrambling. I would argue this is the difference between a good coach (Gard) and not so good coach (Archie). Never once did Archie adjust or sit Race down. To be fair it's not Race's fault and he also looked gassed. Archie just continued to put him in bad situations and Gard took advantage of it. It's not rocket science, it's just basketball.

Last edited:
I'll give you a quick example. Go back and watch the last 6 minutes and change of the game when Potter comes in. For some reason we leave our worst and smallest offensive post player in the game. We have several empty possessions and never once try to isolate Potter and get his 5th foul. Maybe put Davis in the game? It's the one thing he is actually really good at.

If you want to argue Race is better a defender, he was terrible the last 6 minutes. Wisconsin abused him. Potter had 2 offensive rebounds over him (his effort was piss poor on one of them) that led to an easy put back (foul) and a wide open 3. The lead went from 5 to down 3 in about 2 minutes.

After that Wisconsin just continued to run pick and rolls until they had Race on the point, which led to easy baskets off of drives that left the defense scrambling. I would argue this is the difference between a good coach (Gard) and not so good coach (Archie). Never once did Archie adjust or sit Race down. To be fair it's not Race's fault and he also looked gassed. Archie just continued to put him in bad situations and Gard took advantage of it. It's not rocket science, it's just basketball.
Actually, they DID challenge Potter - Race took it to him at around the 4:40 mark, right as the shot clock was winding down (crowd was chanting the time left, which might have caused him to rush it). He needed to attack diagonally and use the glass; instead, he shot a fall-away from the baseline.

Could Archie have forced the issue to go inside? Sure, he could have (btw, the play referenced above was AFTER Hunter missed a wide-open trey and Durham turned the ball over). After leading 51-44, we had Reuvers twice score on us on nifty shots across the lane. Our guards didn’t dig down because of the Badgers 3 pt shooting - hell, even Reuvers AND Potter can hit behind the arc.

Potter? He got the offensive rebound over Race down 51-48, scored and converted a free throw for the tie. A replay showed him bang against Potter to try to block him out, but Potter (6-10, 247) just is a load to handle. Who do you think we SHOULD have had in there instead? Joey? DeRon?

Three plays I watched (went back to the last 10 minutes) that killed us were these: TJD missed front end of 1and 1 at the 7:45 mark, we’re up 49-42. That was the start of the 2 Reuvers buckets after a short jumper by Trice (well guarded and he hadn’t hit a shot all day. Go figure).

We come down, we’re looking to go inside. Kick it into TJD, who has Davisson dig down HARD On defense; Trayce kicks it to a WIDE OPEN Hunter right in front of the IU bench. And he misses. If you’ve watched us this year (and you’re honest) this inability to hit out shots consistently has KILLED us this year.

Next trip down, Durham loses the ball while trying to set up the offense on the left side. They go down and score to cut it to 3, then the Race play st the end of the shot clock.

Biggest thing I saw during that closing stretch? No leadership. None. You gave a spiel yesterday about Archie “not being a good leader of men” . . . really? Just WHAT is he supposed to do differently? Have you seen ANYTHING from the upperclassmen that gives you to believe they’re leaders?

Hey, listen, if you want to hate on the coach, go for it. Truth is we played hard Saturday and well for a better part of the game. But in that closing stretch, they had two 6-10/6-11 guys with skill and bulk that were hard to handle. And when we tried to dig and help defensively, they had guys like Ford and Davisson that drill outside daggers - like the one Hunter missed.

And they’re a team of veteran players. Trice is a redshirt junior. Pritzel is Grad Senior. Ford is a redshirt junior. Potter is a redshirt junior. Davisson and Reuvers are both juniors. All playing in a long-established system (carryover from Ryan).

Then compare that to us. If you can’t understand why we have the issues we do, I can’t help you. As I said before, there aren’t easy answers for what ails us.

Last edited:
Actually, they DID challenge Potter - Race took it to him at around the 4:40 mark, right as the shot clock was winding down (crowd was chanting the time left, which might have caused him to rush it). He needed to attack diagonally and use the glass; instead, he shot a fall-away from the baseline.

I saw it. I'll rewatch it, but I didn't think it was designed for him. He didn't score because he is undersized and not a very good post player, especially against taller guys. The outcome was predictable.

Could Archie have forced the issue to go inside?
Yes, he should have. Preferably, with Deron.

? He got the offensive rebound over Race down 51-48, scored and converted a free throw for the tie. A replay showed him bang against Potter to try to block him out, but Potter (6-10, 247) just is a load to handle. Who do you think we SHOULD have had in there instead? Joey? DeRon?

I was referencing the offensive rebound that Potter got and kicked out for a three. Race's effort was terrible on it. Once, again I think he was gassed because he usually gives good effort. Yes, Deron or Joey should have been in the game. Race's poor rebounding and defense were directly responsible for at least 10 points down the stretch. It was an awful stretch for him.

The thing I saw during that closing stretch? No leadership. None. You gave a spiel yesterday about Archie “not being a good leader of men” . . . really? Just WHAT is he supposed to do differently? Have you seen ANYTHING from the upperclassmen that gives you to believe they’re leaders?
This is your latest cliche excuse. I'll give you credit for moving on from your injury and team chemistry excuses from last year. Maybe it's just the coach?

Hey, listen, if you want to hate on the coach, go for it.
Is this where I respond like a douche? Hey, listen, if you want to hate the players, go for it? Putting snark aside, I don't hate the coach. He's just not an elite coach and will never win a national championship in my opinion.

they’re a team of veteran players. Trice is a redshirt junior. Pritzel is Grad Senior. Ford is a redshirt junior. Potter is a redshirt junior. Davisson and Reuvers are both juniors. All playing in a long-established system (carryover from Ryan).

We have 6 upperclassmen (including Race), as well, and the best freshmen in the league. We're also a veteran team.

Now compare that to us. If you can’t understand why we have the issues we do, I can’t help you. As I said before, there aren’t easy answers for what ails us.

I see the issues the team has and adjust for them accordingly. We still should have won 2 or 3 more games this year. 3 to 5 wins a year are the the difference between an average coach and elite one. Archie has underachieved for 3 straight years, now. If you can't understand that, I can't help you:oops:

Last edited:

Could Archie have forced the issue to go inside? Sure, he could have (btw, the play referenced above was AFTER Hunter missed a wide-open trey and Durham turned the ball over). After leading 51-44, we had Reuvers twice score on us on nifty shots across the lane. Our guards didn’t dig down because of the Badgers 3 pt shooting - hell, even Reuvers AND Potter can hit behind the arc.

Potter? He got the offensive rebound over Race down 51-48, scored and converted a free throw for the tie. A replay showed him bang against Potter to try to block him out, but Potter (6-10, 247) just is a load to handle. Who do you think we SHOULD have had in there instead? Joey? DeRon?

Three plays I watched (went back to the last 10 minutes) that killed us were these: TJD missed front end of 1and 1 at the 7:45 mark, we’re up 49-42. That was the start of the 2 Reuvers buckets after a short jumper by Trice (well guarded and he hadn’t hit a shot all day. Go figure).

We come down, we’re looking to go inside. Kick it into TJD, who has Davisson dig down HARD On defense; Trayce kicks it to a WIDE OPEN Hunter right in front of the IU bench. And he misses. If you’ve watched us this year (and you’re honest) this inability to hit out shots consistently has KILLED us this year.

Next trip down, Durham loses the ball while trying to set up the offense on the left side. They go down and score to cut it to 3, then the Race play st the end of the shot clock.

Biggest thing I saw during that closing stretch? No leadership. None. You gave a spiel yesterday about Archie “not being a good leader of men” . . . really? Just WHAT is he supposed to do differently? Have you seen ANYTHING from the upperclassmen that gives you to believe they’re leaders?

Hey, listen, if you want to hate on the coach, go for it. Truth is we played hard Saturday and well for a better part of the game. But in that closing stretch, they had two 6-10/6-11 guys with skill and bulk that were hard to handle. And when we tried to dig and help defensively, they had guys like Ford and Davisson that drill outside daggers - like the one Hunter missed.

And they’re a team of veteran players. Trice is a redshirt junior. Pritzel is Grad Senior. Ford is a redshirt junior. Potter is a redshirt junior. Davisson and Reuvers are both juniors. All playing in a long-established system (carryover from Ryan).

Then compare that to us. If you can’t understand why we have the issues we do, I can’t help you. As I said before, there aren’t easy answers for what ails us.
TJD can’t kick it out when Davison digs down hard. That’s exactly the match up you want, and TJD bailed out UW by failing to exploit it. That’s what happens far too often during these scoring droughts. IU fails to exploit their strengths and gives up far too easily, with forced shots and empty possessions the end result.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT