ADVERTISEMENT

Fire him now!

There's still the BTT tournament, to be fair, but we can mostly summarize the season in its entirety:

- Archie is a decent coach defensively.
- Defense doesn't matter much when you SUCK offensively. 7-8 minute scoring droughts simply won't get it done at this level. Completely unacceptable.
- Xs and Os seem better than Crean, but you have to coach the kids up so they can execute, especially offensively.
- At least we're winning games against good teams.
- But we're getting BTFO by mediocre teams like Purdue and Michigan.
- Finishing 11th in the conference with this roster is completely unacceptable. It can't even be defended. It's embarrassing.
- Archie hasn't yet finished a B1G season with a winning record. Again, UNACCEPTABLE. Completely indefensible.
- Like Crean, can't win on senior day. Have we won on senior day since CAM took over?

There's still the BTT tournament, to be fair, but we can mostly summarize the season in its entirety:

- Defense doesn't matter much when you SUCK offensively. 7-8 minute scoring droughts simply won't get it done at this level. Completely unacceptable.
- Xs and Os seem better than Crean, but you have to coach the kids up so they can execute, especially offensively.
- Finishing 11th in the conference with this roster is completely unacceptable. It can't even be defended. It's embarrassing.
- Archie hasn't yet finished a B1G season with a winning record. Again, UNACCEPTABLE. Completely indefensible.
Well said. Like Crean he also will never hold players accountable. Just don't see how anyone can defend his performance especially given salary and his resources.

Reactions: Kyser123
The reality is that we played a quality basketball game, and we return everyone next year.

Oh, I'm SO excited! Another .500 conference record at best! Maybe we can finish middle of the pack this time in-conference. Maybe we'll even make the tournament? Hope springs eternal!

Crean got better results and I'd argue his brand of basketball was more entertaining to watch.

Reactions: IUgradman
The reality is that we played a quality basketball game, and we return everyone next year.
No, that’s not the reality. We played a quality game for part of the contest but fell apart late and lost a game we were in a position to win.

Reactions: BigMobe
I believe as much as Archie has not produced we are stuck with Archie unless someone with deep pockets funds Archie’s remaining contract. It goes down by 50% next year. I would make him change his assistants and make him get a shooting coach and get a good offensive assistant. If he refuses, then fire him. Fred screwed this up just like he screwed us with the Crean extension. Any word on a New AD?

Did you snort a bunch of PCP before you typed this one? Quality basketball game? Terrible down the stretch.

At least we only have to endure one more season of Lil Arch. Terrible coach. Might be worse than Crean.

Team played well for 32 minutes. That last 8 mins was pretty pitiful, however.

Felt like the refs swallowed their whistles the last 8.... it got very physical and no calls being made either way. Potter was best player on the court, and you see why they've won 9 of 10 with him playing a lot more.

- Like Crean, can't win on senior day. Have we won on senior day since CAM took over?
I don’t know what criteria you use to class him a decent defensive coach. I see this comment often and don’t understand how it is considered true. Before this game IU was 135th in Division 1 in field goal percentage allowed. This is not a decent defensive team. Do you think IU is a decent defensive team at 135. I consider that very poor for an IU team.

We return everyone next year - kids that have yet to have a winning big ten record? i'm more excited about the new kids coming in.

We are playing the game the right way. We got beat by a hot, experienced team. Next year we are the experienced team because of these games.
talent trumps experience. these kids know how to lose. our fresh blood will help.

Not very good defensively this year, but I still think CAM is a decent defensive coach.

But I understand the argument that CAM isn't really good at anything, coaching-wise.

We are playing the game the right way. We got beat by a hot, experienced team. Next year we are the experienced team because of these games.
No, they aren’t playing the game the right way. The right way doesn’t involve regular offensive collapses that we saw again today.

Next year will be “next year”. The year after will be “next year”. It never ends. Cut bait now like we should have with Crean in year 3.
I've gone back and forth on Archie Miller at IU. I'm in the neutral, gray area. I'm neither pounding my first supporting him or calling for him to be fired. If there isn't significant improvement next season, I'll be fully on board with pulling the plug.

It's one of those deals where I honestly don't know what his program would look like two or even three years from now. Could it turn out to be a consistent program where guys stick around for three to four years and develop? I can't rule that out. I don't claim to know anything about coaching or building a program, but results need to come next season or that will be the nail in the coffin for Miller.

I am confused.
1. We do not return everyone. Green and Davis are seniors.
2. Where was the quality the last 8 minutes.
Bottom line to me, we are just not a very good team.
Like I said, we return everyone... We are a top 40 team in division one.

Reactions: demunn
Like I said, we return everyone... We are a top 40 team in the division one.
Well, we don’t return everyone. And, in Year 4, do you consider “Top 40”, with over half of the P5 and the Big 10 above us, acceptable? Maybe the answer is yes, by the way.

Like I said, we return everyone... We are a top 40 team in division one.

TJD probably won't but could leave for the NBA and we would be TERRIBLE. Even with him it's a stretch as we have nobody who can step up and score when needed and nobody coming in who is going to fill that role.

TJD probably won't but could leave for the NBA and we would be TERRIBLE. Even with him it's a stretch as we have nobody who can step up and score when needed and nobody coming in who is going to fill that role.
TJD will have to improve substantially to make a draft list next year. He can’t score away from the basket. That tends to be an issue for NBA GM’s and coaches.

I believe as much as Archie has not produced we are stuck with Archie unless someone with deep pockets funds Archie’s remaining contract. It goes down by 50% next year. I would make him change his assistants and make him get a shooting coach and get a good offensive assistant. If he refuses, then fire him. Fred screwed this up just like he screwed us with the Crean extension. Any word on a New AD?
It doesn't go down to 50% until after year 5, not next year.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Freaking joke
I think of it this way. We can all almost agree that Archie is not fit to be the coach of IU Basketball. The difference between him and say Crean/Davis is that almost all of Archie's players aren't fit to play here either. Crean and Davis could recruit now and then and bring hope. At this point, we can just look forward to his eventual firing. Everybody knows that's where it's going, I see zero reason to not start gauging Beilein's interest. It doesn't seem like he's so ready to retire to not show up at MU's game the other night

Reactions: bsmitty08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT