ADVERTISEMENT

McNeeley to UConn nt

I was pissed when he asked for his release, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the offseason. IU’s talent upgrade is final 4 good. All players have come from a power 5 conference and were major contributors from their previous school. Add in our 3 returning starters and a 5 star recruit, and the talent is there. However, I am setting my expectations very low, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

By the way, I feel like Goode is going to be my favorite Hoosier next year. A blend of Coverdale and Evans is what I see. Cautiously optimistic for next year. 🤞

I was pissed when he asked for his release, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the offseason. IU’s talent upgrade is final 4 good. All players have come from a power 5 conference and were major contributors from their previous school. Add in our 3 returning starters and a 5 star recruit, and the talent is there. However, I am setting my expectations very low, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

By the way, I feel like Goode is going to be my favorite Hoosier next year. A blend of Coverdale and Evans is what I see. Cautiously optimistic for next year. 🤞
He averaged 5 pts a game and he is a combo of Coverdale and Evans?? lol

Maybe the top 4 of Big Ten!

He made it clear he wanted to win in college so he made a wise decision. It’s just too bad he couldn’t have waited to see how IU changed its roster before de-committing.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
IU’s talent upgrade is final 4 good.

However, I am setting my expectations very low, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
Uh, sounds like you have insanely high expectations.

"Final four good" is when you return several big time scorers from a league championship team....like in 1992 for example.

I'm thinking, hopefully top 5 in Big Ten, good.

Sweep 🧹 pu again
The Zach Edey Experience is over.
Back down to earth for the overrated remains of the coat tails bunch. Gillis upgraded to Duke. Morton left and nobody picked him up because he’s just like several pu players left still on the roster which share Interchangeable mediocrity.

Sweep 🧹 pu again
Back down to earth for the overrated remains of the coat tails bunch. Gillis upgraded to Duke. Morton left and nobody picked him up because he’s just like several pu players left still on the roster which share Interchangeable mediocrity.
Hopefully Rice can be that JHS awareness with DGreen sneaky scoring ability.
Will have some options outside to drive and dish out too.

The red hair and his height. Plus he’s a good 3 point shooter. That’s all.
Don't bother. Dude's just unhappy that we ended up with Goode instead of the Tipton guy. He looks for a means to piss in any good development that's occurred during this "portal season".

Sweep 🧹 pu again
Purdue is 14-4 vs IU in the last 10 years, funny thing, Zach saw 3 of the 4 losses to IU. Maybe you should step back and think about that a little? Purdue seems to me was more dominate with IU without ZACH!

Are you what they call "WOKE"?
So while not wanting to waste too much time on it, do you even post in the Purdue board? Looks like you're pretty much exclusively on this forum. Maybe you go under a different moniker over there. Either way, it seems you're spending an inordinate amount of time over here seeking validation. That's pretty fu#ked up you know?

Reactions: kkott and Lillyr66
Purdue is 14-4 vs IU in the last 10 years, funny thing, Zach saw 3 of the 4 losses to IU. Maybe you should step back and think about that a little? Purdue seems to me was more dominate with IU without ZACH!
Seven of those wins came when Archie Miller was coach. He ain’t here anymore. This is the best roster IU has had in over a decade.

So while not wanting to waste too much time on it, do you even post in the Purdue board? Looks like you're pretty much exclusively on this forum. Maybe you go under a different moniker over there. Either way, it seems you're spending an inordinate amount of time over here seeking validation. That's pretty fu#ked up you know?
Post on a lot of boards!

Good luck to LM. Disappointed he didn't stand up to his commitment but IU more than made up for the loss. And you never know - he could still end up at IU some day.

Uh, sounds like you have insanely high expectations.

"Final four good" is when you return several big time scorers from a league championship team....like in 1992 for example.

I'm thinking, hopefully top 5 in Big Ten, good.
Wait, Purdue had only one big time scorer, then a big falloff. How did they ever manage a FF based on your metrics?

He averaged 5 pts a game and he is a combo of Coverdale and Evans?? lol
I don't see any similarity to those two. Goode is a disciplined catch and shoot guy who has played 4 years at Big Ten level so should be able to at least stay on the court defensively.
I like him in transition too. Moves to space well. Pretty solid pick up for IU.

McNeely is choosing a school that is very different than IU or Kansas. Certainly appealing, UConn. I get it. He will do well there and get exposure. But if he was a star on a good IU team it would be another level than anything he will get at UConn. Oh well. IU has to get there first.

Not sure about this one,hope the kid knows what he’s doing,trading Woodson for Hurley🤣

McNeely is choosing a school that is very different than IU or Kansas. Certainly appealing, UConn. I get it. He will do well there and get exposure. But if he was a star on a good IU team it would be another level than anything he will get at UConn. Oh well. IU has to get there first.
Huh.. why would you think IU has anything over UConn? If he’s a star next year he’ll easily be a lottery pick, since UConn is the best college basketball program right now and probably the top program over the past 25 years. Better than UNC, Kansas, Duke, and UK.

Huh.. why would you think IU has anything over UConn? If he’s a star next year he’ll easily be a lottery pick, since UConn is the best college basketball program right now and probably the top program over the past 25 years. Better than UNC, Kansas, Duke, and UK.
Did you catch what Hurley said before the PU game. And I paraphrase: I tell my recruits if you want to go somewhere where you can average 21 a game, and showcase yourself this isn’t the program for you. If you want to accept your role and be part of a team that wins, that’s what we want. Of course he can say that because they win and they have talent.

Wait, Purdue had only one big time scorer, then a big falloff. How did they ever manage a FF based on your metrics?
Edey was a statistical and physical outlier that only comes along once per decade or less. He had a 42 PER in conference this year and 39 for his career. Couple that with an 81% FTR this year that fouls out all the opponent bigs .. Those are insane and very rare numbers. Outliers ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT