ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your national champion? Uconn NT:

UConn for the past 25 years is what IU was in the 70s & 80s. This year would be UConn’s 6th title in 25 years. UConn has won four titles since the last time IU was in the FF.
They picked up the baton when we dropped it in the mid-90s. Amazing program, especially to do it with three coaches (two hires since Jim). We should hire their AD or figure out how they hire coaches and run their program.

Last edited:
Sometime in the last month, they had their first road win over a ranked team in like 20 years. Which means they won two national titles between beating a ranked team in an away game.

They picked up the baton when we dropped it in the mid-90s. Amazing program, especially to do it with three coaches (two hires since Jim). We should hire their AD or figure out how they hire coaches and run their program.
Thing is, Kevin Ollie’s only coaching experience were his two seasons as an assistant at UConn. UConn was his first (and only) college head coaching gig and he won the title in his second year, if I’m not mistaken.

we
Thing is, Kevin Ollie’s only coaching experience were his two seasons as an assistant at UConn. UConn was his first (and only) college head coaching gig and he won the title in his second year, if I’m not mistaken.
And fired soon after. Crazy. They helped IU and UL fans when they beat UK that one year.

I think UCONN is the safest pick, but if you want a dark horse, when they are on Auburn has looked as good or better than any team I've seen. I was hoping they'd be the 4 in Purdue's region. Their guards and D are a handfull when they are rolling.

I think UCONN is the safest pick, but if you want a dark horse, when they are on Auburn has looked as good or better than any team I've seen. I was hoping they'd be the 4 in Purdue's region. Their guards and D are a handfull when they are rolling.
I agree about if they were in Purdue's region. Uconn vs Auburn would be fun. I think if Purdue beats 8/9 winner they will come out of their region, although I have Creighton.

I agree about if they were in Purdue's region. Uconn vs Auburn would be fun. I think if Purdue beats 8/9 winner they will come out of their region, although I have Creighton.
Creighton can beat PU. They have a 5 who's very thin and will struggle against Edey in the post defending him, but he's 7' and has skills on offense. Maybe (finally) someone will go right at him and actually get a foul or 3 called on him! The Creighton center can do that, and they have shooters and guards. Haven't seen them, but also hearing UT St is a good team.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Creighton can beat PU. They have a 5 who's very thin and will struggle against Edey in the post defending him, but he's 7' and has skills on offense. Maybe (finally) someone will go right at him and actually get a foul or 3 called on him! The Creighton center can do that, and they have shooters and guards. Haven't seen them, but also hearing UT St is a good team.
Utah State going against my guy Jamie Dixon at TCU in rd 1. Interesting game there.

Reactions: kkott
Sometime in the last month, they had their first road win over a ranked team in like 20 years. Which means they won two national titles between beating a ranked team in an away game.
A couple of their title winning teams were pretty mediocre during the year, but just got hot at the right time. Conversely, Calhoun had some loaded teams that came up short-I particularly remember that Rudy Gay team around 2005 or 2006.

Reactions: ulrey
I got Uconn winning it all, but quite a few low seeds advancing…I can see Purdoo losing to TCU or Mcneese St! Got them losing to McNeese St. picked Vermont over Duke and Samford over Kansas as big upsets also! I can see a couple 11seeds make it far this year like New Mexico and Oregon. But had to pick Uconn and all the 3 seeds to make the F4(Baylor/Creighton/Kansucky)

Reactions: ulrey
I just can’t accept Kentucky getting to the FF. An early departure, tho unlikely, would hasten the pitch forks in blue grass country.

Reactions: HoosierAlum07
i'd prefer it be UCONN, i have a friend that is a true fan of theirs, but the eye-test says Houston is on a mission, can't be stopped this time

I picked UCONN, Tennessee, and Auburn in three different brackets.

Sadly, I can see UK making a run too.. or they might be an early exit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT