ADVERTISEMENT

Fire and Fury the world has never seen before

That is Trump's response to the fat kid running North Korea. Two hormonal 15 year olds going at it, as the civilized world watches and hopes. I never thought I'd see the day that I hope the generals are in charge of our government.
Either Trump just laid down the brightest red line ever -- which would mean we're likely headed for a horrific war on the Korean peninsula -- or Trump has just set himself up as an absurd paper tiger suitable for international mockery.

In truth, this is an intractable problem, and I don't envy any American president the terrible responsibility that comes with it. But we have an absurd cartoon character who may be cognitively impaired making these decisions now. On the other hand, wealthy people may still get tax cuts, so whatevs, I guess. #MAGA #lockherup #Mexicowillpayforthatwall

Either Trump just laid down the brightest red line ever -- which would mean we're likely headed for a horrific war on the Korean peninsula -- or Trump has just set himself up as an absurd paper tiger suitable for international mockery.
Shortly after he said that, NK said they were targeting Guam.

Maybe Trump will once again say he was joking and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra

Yep. I'm not sure I want the world to take him seriously, but that can also be dangerous. They can't remove this buffoon from office soon enough.

Look at the bright side. We get to play real war games with our middle defense system we have on Guam.

THIS is exactly the (largest) reason I was terrified of this dipchit being in charge. The man is clueless. He doesn't realize that he can't BS or threaten his way out of every situation. Because, it's worked for him up to this point. The only difference is, his opponents in the past didn't have ICBM's and nukes. Or the power to literally kill tens of millions of innocent people.

Does he realize what he's doing??? I really don't see how his off the cuff rhetoric could be a good thing in any conceivable way.

Thank god my son is only 14 right now. With any luck, Trump will be gone by the time he turns 18. And no matter what ridiculous war Trump has dragged us into by ignorance and bluster, my son won't be dragged into it as well. It's the very definition of a p!ssing contest, with a madman participating on the other side. Completely unnecessary. And extremely counter-productive. Pretty much the very definition of the opposite of what you should do in this situation.

And I know that sounds selfish- it kills me to think about other parents that have 17 and 18 year old kids right now. It's truly terrifying. And completely asinine. I hope the folks that put this clown in office realize the consequences of their actions. And soon, in case he somehow survives the **EDIT** investigation and gets re-nominated.

Last edited:
That is Trump's response to the fat kid running North Korea. Two hormonal 15 year olds going at it, as the civilized world watches and hopes. I never thought I'd see the day that I hope the generals are in charge of our government.
Uh, isn't General Kelly supposed to have a role in such things? Do you think he advised Trump to respond to Kim's threat with a Trump threat? Surely, his job isn't just to babysit White House leakers. A general would know the human cost of war, while pampered protected rich kids like Trump have no clue.

If Trump acts on his own threat of "fury" etc., he will be blowing up a lot of poor North Korean civilians who were being abused by Kim before getting killed by Trump. I hope this doesn't happen.

Reactions: Bill4411
Uh, isn't General Kelly supposed to have a role in such things? Do you think he advised Trump to respond to Kim's threat with a Trump threat? Surely, his job isn't just to babysit White House leakers. A general would know the human cost of war, while pampered protected rich kids like Trump have no clue.

If Trump acts on his own threat of "fury" etc., he will be blowing up a lot of poor North Korean civilians who were being abused by Kim before getting killed by Trump. I hope this doesn't happen.

I'm hoping Kelly and others can control Trump's impulses. That's the point, because neither Trump or Un give a damn about poor North Korean civilians. Or American, Japanese, etc.

The problem is that Kelly has no control over Trump's big mouth. So no, I seriously doubt that Kelly advised Trump to spout such BS.

I would, however, hope that Kelly could reign in reckless action. I doubt that Trump could unilaterally unleash Fire and Fury.

That said, what would (or should) the response be if NK targeted a nuke at Guam with any level of success? Now I don't think they're truly that stupid, but let's say they did. What should we do? I honestly can't see the US launching nukes into North Korea.

Reactions: twenty02
The problem is that Kelly has no control over Trump's big mouth. So no, I seriously doubt that Kelly advised Trump to spout such BS.

I would, however, hope that Kelly could reign in reckless action. I doubt that Trump could unilaterally unleash Fire and Fury.

That said, what would (or should) the response be if NK targeted a nuke at Guam with any level of success? Now I don't think they're truly that stupid, but let's say they did. What should we do? I honestly can't see the US launching nukes into North Korea.
Actually, I did not assume that N.Korea told us the true target when it mentioned Guam. There are several U.S.-friendly countries very close to N.Korea with virtually no time for warnings of air attack.

Sending a nuke at Guam would probably trigger a month long bombing "shock and awe" campaign like Desert Storm.

Bingo.

In truth, this is an intractable problem, and I don't envy any American president the terrible responsibility that comes with it. But we have an absurd cartoon character who may be cognitively impaired making these decisions now. On the other hand, wealthy people may still get tax cuts, so whatevs, I guess. #MAGA #lockherup #Mexicowillpayforthatwall

Blutarski led me to believe it was the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor.
One thing is for sure Cpt, if he does engage the North those entrenched Artillery works within range of Soul are going to cause a problem. I don't care how good we are they will fire.

Trump's playing checkers. He just wants to look tough and his supporters will be happy again -- sticking it into the eye of the bullies.
What this idiot hasn't realised is that it has taken his options off the table and can only look weak later if he doesnt carry it out. Plus that small fact that over 1 million Koreans may die as a result of his insecurities.

Nevertheless, he sees it as a good move because his base will be happy. And knowing him, he will probably claim that American jobs are coming home after this nuclear disaster. #MAGA

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Well the best outcome is America has had 2 Presidents in a row who backed down from a uncross able line.

Another American intelligence failure.

There are no good options here. Diplomacy is fruitless in this case. North Korea is either permanently in the Nuclear club or we take severe action. I don't want Trump leading the second option. If anything a decapitation strike before they had the nukes made more sense then after.

As for the South Koreans, I've seen a few trump surrogates on TV suggest that only American lives and American security matters. I.e. If a couple million Koreans die overseas, who cares. That's a really scary moral viewpoint.

Reactions: Noodle
Why are you insulting 15 year olds? 15 year olds are much more mature than some of the world leaders. They don't whine all the time; they don't cry "why me?" all the time. They don't threaten to kill someone just because s/he farted.:(

God has annointed Trump to save us! What a cruel joke... who saw this coming that an orange fool is suppose to save us from a nuclear war?!

God help us!

Reactions: plaxico80
Normally in the case of foreign challenges like wars, the country come together and support the incumbent president. I wonder if this will still be the case.

Trump must have never learned about Hiroshima and Nagasaki at end of WW2
He's not a student of history

Trump must have never learned about Hiroshima and Nagasaki at end of WW2
He's not a student of history
I wouldn't be surprised if he off handedly mentions Hiroshima and Nagasaki in a speech and tell us 'a lot of people don't remember them'.

Reactions: RBB89
Another American intelligence failure.

There are no good options here. Diplomacy is fruitless in this case. North Korea is either permanently in the Nuclear club or we take severe action. I don't want Trump leading the second option. If anything a decapitation strike before they had the nukes made more sense then after.

As for the South Koreans, I've seen a few trump surrogates on TV suggest that only American lives and American security matters. I.e. If a couple million Koreans die overseas, who cares. That's a really scary moral viewpoint.
Diplomacy is the option we have to take and I think we have leverage. The UN sanctions were backed by China in the Security Council. China is North Korea's closest ally and China wants NK to continue to exist as a buffer to South Korea but would prefer they don't have nuclear weapons and that Kim wasn't causing so much turmoil. The sanctions will hurt NK and hurt more if China participates like they should after the UN vote. I think 3 way talks with NK, China and the US could result in a resolution. The resolution could be that NK gives up the nukes in return for lifting sanctions and economic help or something like that. The bad option would be a military attack to try to destroy their nuclear weapons and program because I think Kim is crazy enough to open fire on SK in retaliation. That would probably mean a real war with the same problem we had before and that is that China doesn't want a unified Korea friendly to the west more than them on their border. Resolving the war would be a harder nut to crack.

Trump has no interest in learning anything
I don't know if he is capable of learning now. I believe he does have reduced mental capacity compared to what his capacity was even 10 years ago. Trump can't string coherent sentences together and sounds like he's almost mentally disabled some times. They were playing clips on the radio this morning of Trump being interviewed 10 to 15 years ago and his sentences weren't all screwed up nonsense and he even sounded intelligent. He could have dementia or Alzheimer's now. He's not the same at all and I believe it's some mental issue. It's beyond scary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT