ADVERTISEMENT

Why I feel better now about IUFB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Taking pulse after running a marathon is never smart. The info at that moment is accurate (looks bad) but is not accurate even a day later.

That’s how I see things for IU right now.

Tom Allen does not sit and feel sorry for himself, he’s not a whiner and he gets after things.

He fired Sheridan by 10am Sunday after Bucket game. Have no insights into who, but I’ll bet we get a hire closer to DeBoer than Sheridan who will be a good OC. (And yes, an $800K OC position in B10 is desirable to someone who likes to compete and show he can produce!).

Then comes big recruiting 2-week window we are in before 1st signing day. IU does have a nice FR recruiting class and I predict we keep and sign 90-100% of them. Have seen posts showing key ones: Monds/Mullen FL CB’s, McCollough - DE-LB, the TX QB, 4-star Ft Wayne - OL, and 4-star Lawrence North WR all in. Also have now seen visits with Tulane commit RB and a Tennessee commit DL meeting in home and maybe coming to IU.

Then look at portal world. I can’t point to many of ones leaving IU and say “They were such key players for us.” I admit I’d love to have kept Marshall at WR and DKB at DE-LB (who I thought Warren should have used more this season).

Bit while the portal taketh away, it giveth too! We have offers I’ve seen to a UMiami LB and UNLV LB. An OL & WR from FIU and a RB from Auburn.

The numbers game hits other schools too (OSU losing 2 QB’s!). And as we saw at MSU you can reload quicker now, which I think we will get some good players too.

If Tom Allen has earned respect anywhere it has been in recruiting and I feel certain we will get recruits & transfers probably around 25 or so and the cubbard will be stocked to start the bounce back with new, hungry kids wanting to play who haven’t read their own IU success headlines yet.

Add on what I hope is a chance for a few more coaching staff tweaks, and this group will be fired up and focused going into spring reboot.

I’m not saying we are B10 championship bound next year, but I do think bowl bound again and I do think IU bounces back. Allen is too positive and focused to collapse. And I think better player health, new coaches, great new player arrivals and a much better schedule in “22 come together for a better year next season.

Step back, enjoy the bowl games & holidays and let the natural process play out. Come home opener vs Northwestern I bet things will look a lot different and better than walking off Ross Aid without the bucket to end this year. Bank it!

Taking pulse after running a marathon is never smart. The info at that moment is accurate (looks bad) but is not accurate even a day later.

Tom Allen does not sit and feel sorry for himself, he’s not a whiner and he gets after things.

He fired Sheridan by 10am Sunday after Bucket game. Have no insights into who, but I’ll bet we get a hire closer to DeBoer than Sheridan who will be a good OC. (And yes, an $800K OC position in B10 is desirable to someone who likes to compete and show he can produce!).

Then comes big recruiting 2-week window we are in before 1st signing day. IU does have a nice FR recruiting class and I predict we keep and sign 90-100% of them. Have seen posts showing key ones: Monds/Mullen FL CB’s, McCollough - DE-LB, the TX QB, 4-star Ft Wayne - OL, and 4-star Lawrence North WR all in. Also have now seen visits with Tulane commit RB and a Tennessee commit DL meeting in home and maybe coming to IU.

Then look at portal world. I can’t point to many of ones leaving IU and say “They were such key players for us.” I admit I’d love to have kept Marshall at WR and DKB at DE-LB (who I thought Warren should have used more this season).

Bit while the portal taketh away, it giveth too! We have offers I’ve seen to a UMiami LB and UNLV LB. An OL & WR from FIU and a RB from Auburn.

The numbers game hits other schools too (OSU losing 2 QB’s!). And as we saw at MSU you can reload quicker now, which I think we will get some good players too.

If Tom Allen has earned respect anywhere it has been in recruiting and I feel certain we will get recruits & transfers probably around 25 or so and the cubbard will be stocked to start the bounce back with new, hungry kids wanting to play who haven’t read their own IU success headlines yet.

Add on what I hope is a chance for a few more coaching staff tweaks, and this group will be fired up and focused going into spring reboot.

I’m not saying we are B10 championship bound next year, but I do think bowl bound again and I do think IU bounces back. Allen is too positive and focused to collapse. And I think better player health, new coaches, great new player arrivals and a much better schedule in “22 come together for a better year next season.

Step back, enjoy the bowl games & holidays and let the natural process play out. Come home opener vs Northwestern I bet things will look a lot different and better than walking off Ross Aid without the bucket to end this year. Bank it!
Good post!

As far as next year I’m definitely waiting to see how everything shakes out. Hiller just can’t stay and the fact that he is still employed doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies. Waiting for the new OC to give him the boot is somewhat puzzling. I guess giving him time to find something and maybe leave on his own is the friendly thing to do. This kind of thing is what needs to be avoided for n the future. I guess it was ok to go with guys that you were familiar with as a first time HC but the training wheels need to come off. There has to be accountability for each coach with their groups. Heard has done fairly well but this last season was a disaster for the wr group. Maybe he gets another shot but he needs to change some things.

Well this post didn't age well.

• Wow
Reactions: vesuvius13
Well this post didn't age well.
I disagree Danc the crank. At least on the portal front it IS off to a good start. On the recruiting front, we’ve lost Hoover, but I bet IU brings in 1 or 2 QB options still.

Per Bell as OC, I’m not going to say it was a home run splash hire. I was even bummed at first guy reaction.

But now dust settling, I am willing to give him a shot. Unlike Sheridan, he was an actual rising star coach. He was an OC at MD & FSU in early 30’s and HC (on likely a bad career choice at the time) at what 34?

He’s like 37-38 now, with a lot of experience and I bet a desire to turn around the bad UMass stink off his resume. I bet he is a good recruiter and maybe like many, a better coordinator than a HC for now?

But if he did help land the 4-star AL QB (Oregon commit) people (& you) wouldn’t take him over Hoover? Or give Hart credit for that in a week?

I still hope Hiller is replaced and jury definitely out on Hart.

But without players coming back on D, portal moves this far (sure more to come) it still has had some productivity already this off-season.

Keep Cranking

I disagree Danc the crank. At least on the portal front it IS off to a good start. On the recruiting front, we’ve lost Hoover, but I bet IU brings in 1 or 2 QB options still.

Per Bell as OC, I’m not going to say it was a home run splash hire. I was even bummed at first guy reaction.

But now dust settling, I am willing to give him a shot. Unlike Sheridan, he was an actual rising star coach. He was an OC at MD & FSU in early 30’s and HC (on likely a bad career choice at the time) at what 34?

He’s like 37-38 now, with a lot of experience and I bet a desire to turn around the bad UMass stink off his resume. I bet he is a good recruiter and maybe like many, a better coordinator than a HC for now?

But if he did help land the 4-star AL QB (Oregon commit) people (& you) wouldn’t take him over Hoover? Or give Hart credit for that in a week?

But without players coming back on D, portal moves this far (sure more to come) it still has had some productivity already this off-season.

Keep Cranking
That's right, nothing like a loser with experience. lol. god, I hope you people are not in any leadership positions.

Reactions: indy1203 and DANC

Keep Cranking
Piss off.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Radio Zero
Because you’re a Fortune 500 CEO? Ha! Think your shift is starting Sparkey!
Not a CEO but I do lead multi-million dollar projects and do this in what is regarded as one of the most prestigious companies in the world.

So while I may not be a CEO I do have experience in actually being successful at a decently high level.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Not a CEO but I do lead multi-million dollar projects and do this in what is regarded as one of the most prestigious companies in the world.

So while I may not be a CEO I do have experience in actually being successful at a decently high level.
Happy for you, but don’t judge others you don’t know anything about on a fan board like you’re the AD. Let people have their opinions and see how it plays out. No one can guarantee anything about next year right now.

Case in point, another person YOU are going after. This is a fan board not Fight Club.
Says the person who calls me names and then whines about my posts.

Suck it up, pussy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lucy01
Says the person who calls me names and then whines about my posts.

Suck it up, pussy.
Just saw you arguing with some other people in another thread. Your nickname fits you perfectly! Stay off my lawn (posts) and no harm no foul!

Just saw you arguing with some other people in another thread. Your nickname fits you perfectly! Stay off my lawn (posts) and no harm no foul!
Boo hoo hoo!

Stop being a pussy when you're called out for name-calling.

• Love

I’m just happy to succeed at taking a #2 every morning.

• Wow

keep aiming decently high, bro

Guy's got the intellect and maturity of a 12 year-old. He gets frustrated and resorts to vulgar and/or juvenile name-calling. Seems like he desperately needs a timeout.
And yet, you follow me around like a lost puppy.

Reactions: red hornet
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT