ADVERTISEMENT

How do you think CCC screens for portal talent?

Rags to Roses

All-American
Aug 9, 2002
Atlanta, GA
It will be a daunting task to sort through the numerous players that will put themselves in the Spring transfer portal. To what degree, if any, do you think the IU coaching staff did prep work? If they did prep work, what did that look like? spend time over the last couple months evaluating game tape focused on expected/known positions of need (like DTs) and create a priority list? Speak to their G5 or below coaching network to get a view on the best players they competed against? Did they do some kind of attitude/work ethic screen (if yes, how could they possibly do that??). I am fascinated by how this will play out now that everyone is free to move.

It will be a daunting task to sort through the numerous players that will put themselves in the Spring transfer portal. To what degree, if any, do you think the IU coaching staff did prep work? If they did prep work, what did that look like? spend time over the last couple months evaluating game tape focused on expected/known positions of need (like DTs) and create a priority list? Speak to their G5 or below coaching network to get a view on the best players they competed against? Did they do some kind of attitude/work ethic screen (if yes, how could they possibly do that??). I am fascinated by how this will play out now that everyone is free to move.
I wonder how they would even know who will enter the portal. Probably research those that announce entrance into the portal

Reactions: vesuvius13
I wonder how they would even know who will enter the portal. Probably research those that announce entrance into the portal
Yeah, that would have to be guesswork. My assumption is that you could do pre-work on the best G5 players, anticipating many of them will hit the portal to see what NIL money they could get. That way you could try to get your foot in the door first for the ones you think could be the best fit once some of them do test the waters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT