ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting article in IndyStar about meeting btw Allen and players after the season ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alarming, frustrating, and very worrisome that CTA wasn't aware of guys dogging it. Can't actually imagine how that's possible. If true, he might really be in over his head. To me, that's job #1 as the HC. And if he brought in position coaches that allow it to happen, that's even more damaging. This season is bigger than ever in determining his tenure.
The one guy in 50 years to take Indiana FREAKING Football into the top 10 is in over his head.

I hate message boards. The land where teamwork, collaboration, and self reflection = oh no we’re screwed!

It's alarming, frustrating, and very worrisome that CTA wasn't aware of guys dogging it. Can't actually imagine how that's possible. If true, he might really be in over his head. To me, that's job #1 as the HC. And if he brought in position coaches that allow it to happen, that's even more damaging. This season is bigger than ever in determining his tenure.
CTA is getting $5 million per year to coach yet he was completely oblivious to what was going on in his locker room? Are you F’in kidding me?

TOS had an article on this subject that was even more damning. It quoted Cam Jones as telling CTA “I need more from you, Coach!” This paints a picture of CTA being completely detached from what was going on.

ive been a big proponent of CTA, but he may have lost me with all of this. This is coaching malpractice in my opinion.

I was wondering what the catalyst was for so many players going into the portal, now we know. I suspect that the guys Allen was told were not "all in" had some tough conversations and, as a result, either stayed with a new committment or were encouraged to leave. Hopefully the guys brought in via the portal have that committment.
Why didn't the coaches see the players giving up and react when it happened. I was at every home game and WKU. I saw a few plays (especially on the OL) that I thought looked like the team was backing down. Buck Suhr mentioned it a few times. It needed to be said, but it likely wasn't popular with his employer.

You think Reese Taylor transferred for a more prominent role in their defense? Lol I think you’ve been “dooped”.
So he transferred to PUke to get an engineering degree or prepare to be an astronaut or possibly a future in veterinary medicine. He wants an NFL chance and he won't have 1 playing part time CFB.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Yes Coach Allen is responsible but possibly several on the staff are to blame. I'd bet a Mrs Franklin's son he was lied to about progress and accountability. Obviously Tuttle and Cam + others believed he deserved knowing changes needed to happen. Watershed season for sure.

Last edited:
So he transferred to PUke to get an engineering degree or prepare to be an astronaut or possibly a future in veterinary medicine. He wants an NFL chance and he won't have 1 playing part time CFB.
He would’ve had a chance here just as much as he’ll have at PU.

Yes Coach Allen is responsible but possibly several on the staff blame are to blame. I'd bet a Mrs Franklin's son he was lied to about progress and accountability. Obviously Tuttle and Cam + others believed he deserved knowing changes needed to happen. Watershed season for sure.
Who do you think lied to Coach Allen? Why would they have lied to him?

Actually, I’m not, but that doesn’t matter to “fans” like you. We have exactly the program we deserve when expectations are so low.
Ok, since you were asking Geez about his coaching resume, are you Coach Shelby? Otherwise what inside info do you have that Reese was likely to start here?

he played a lot over his tenure. At nickel and corner but he was never played the majority of snaps at starting CB when all three were healthy.

He had a 0% of taking a starting spot from a healthy Mullen. He might have been competitive with Jaylin, but history suggests that he wouldn’t have one. Reese is one of the best tackling CBS I’ve seen in a long time but Jaylin is better in coverage.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Ok, since you were asking Geez about his coaching resume, are you Coach Shelby? Otherwise what inside info do you have that Reese was likely to start here?

he played a lot over his tenure. At nickel and corner but he was never played the majority of snaps at starting CB when all three were healthy.

He had a 0% of taking a starting spot from a healthy Mullen. He might have been competitive with Jaylin, but history suggests that he wouldn’t have one. Reese is one of the best tackling CBS I’ve seen in a long time but Jaylin is better in coverage.
He and J would’ve competed, but the bigger picture is that we’ve rarely gone through a season where our corners stay healthy. History confirms that. There’s also a big drop off after the first three, so he would’ve played a ton of snaps, and would’ve also been a key ST player. Anyone who attended games or was around the team would confirm what certain players did to Tom Allen and what many here denied was the case, namely that the culture wasn’t what many thought and claimed it to be. When that happens, not everyone chooses to hang around.

I have no idea. But it happens frequently in high caliber business. I wouldn't be shocked if it was more than 1 liar. Why ask me? You act like you know all the answers before you ask a Q.
I’m asking you because you made the allegation. Do you really think Coach Allen would be so disengaged that chronic lying, perhaps from multiple people, would be possible?

That is an interesting take on what was posted by the OP. This is what he posted...

"“I wanted names,” Allen said. “I wanted to know who they thought wasn’t all in. I wanted the honest truth about everything"

I read that to mean just what it said. CTA wanted to know who the players THOUGHT wasn't all in. That doesn't necessarily mean that CTA didn't know who HE thought wasn't all in but who the players THOUGHT. Getting the players input could be very helpful in culling slackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT