ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain to me how in the hell

Coaching matters.....That's the simple and straightforward answer to Indiana's turnaround.
I actually think this is the bottom-line answer but it is impacted by a lot of the others. Coaching but with players that are open to your style and process. The portal allowed the staff the ability to do addition by subtraction and not spend the first year managing egos, parents and a lot of the outside noise. Rourke is mature and the game doesn't rattle him. I think he had some nerves in the very beginning of all of this but now he realizes he more than belongs and has a team around him that is complimentary to the offense. Bostad and the O line are a huge part of Rourke's coolness but he also manages crisis well. Now back to coaching, I saw something in the game that I am not sure has been mentioned or I missed it. We all saw that Myles Price made some rough decisions in the kicking game and then came back and had a key return. Coach laid into him a bit on the early decisions but on his big return Cig actually walked down the sideline across from him yelled out to help position him and stood there with him. I guess you can take that many ways but I see it as coaching the way it should be. "We are in this together son. I have have expectations for you and will ride you a bit to meet them for yourself and now I am going down here with you to support and help get this right."

Last edited:
Who were the biggest cancers?
I mean I think you can take a pretty good guess. There were a bunch. No doubt they would have loved to keep Bedford and Louis Moore. Minor and Blidi would have been welcome keeps until they played games-then it was good riddance. Anyone want to trade Zack West for Blidi? Or even Carpenter? How about Ponds for Minor?

Reactions: red hornet and DANC
I actually think this is the bottom-line answer but it is impacted by a lot of the others. Coaching but with players that are open to your style and process. The portal allowed the staff the ability to do addition by subtraction and not spend the first year managing egos, parents and a lot of the outside noise. Rourke is mature and the game doesn't rattle him. I think he had some nerves in the very beginning of all of this but now he realizes he more than belongs and has a team around him that is complimentary to the offense. Bostad and the O line are a huge part of Rourke's coolness but he also manages crisis well. Now back to coaching, I saw something in the game that I am not sure has been mentioned or I missed it. We all saw that Myles Price made some rough decisions in the kicking game and then came back and had a key return. Coach laid into him a bit on the early decisions but on his big return Cig actually walked down the sideline across from him yelled out to help position him and stood there with him. I guess you can take that many ways but I see it as coaching the way it should be. "We are in this together son. I have have expectations for you and will ride you a bit to meet them for yourself and now I am going down here with you to support and help get this right."
Cig walks down and positions Price on every punt. Has all year.

I do think Cig told Price to run the next punt back when he let the one before roll toward the end zone. I could see Cig say something to him and he shook his head yes vigorusly. The next one he ran back big time.

I do think Cig told Price to run the next punt back when he let the one before roll toward the end zone. I could see Cig say something to him and he shook his head yes vigorusly. The next one he ran back big time.
Awesome.. First time I have noticed. I did see him having more of a conversation than what seemed like just a "move here or there" conversation.

Coaching matters.....That's the simple and straightforward answer to Indiana's turnaround.
Well of course it matters, but we have better players on the roster now (as a whole), than we have had in years. We are also blessed with a solid OL and one of the best QBs in college football. Those two things are gigantic. On top of that, you have a staff that does an amazing job of teach and recruiting.

Pretty sure there was an "F bomb" in there directed to price. With good reason given shocking initial punt return and then the failure to field the one punt. Glad Price responded!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT