ADVERTISEMENT

Ethan Morton

Given the amount of playing time and desperate need for a three point shooter we cannot even find one to take a grant for next year. You do not find that concerning in the least it appears? I am not talking 2020 I am talking not being able to find one guy for next season who can shoot.

It’s only concerning if you think there’s absolutely no way that the current players on the team can’t improve or get better? Green shot 41% from 3 last year and was shooting it above 45% the latter third of the season. Durham was a 28% shooter as a freshman who improved his average to 36% and was ~40% up until he hurt his shooting hand towards the end of the regular season. I fully expect Phinisee to improve his % year by year. And I think you’re a bit naive if you think a true freshman is going to come in and be a volume 40+% shooter, it’s just doesn’t usually work like that. And a grad transfer isn’t a sure thing either, look at Fitzner.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
bailey777 said:
Given the amount of playing time and desperate need for a three point shooter we cannot even find one to take a grant for next year. You do not find that concerning in the least it appears? I am not talking 2020 I am talking not being able to find one guy for next season who can shoot.

Indyresident16, post: 2679161, member: 63025"]It’s only concerning if you think there’s absolutely no way that the current players on the team can’t improve or get better? Green shot 41% from 3 last year and was shooting it above 45% the latter third of the season. Durham was a 28% shooter as a freshman who improved his average to 36% and was ~40% up until he hurt his shooting hand towards the end of the regular season. I fully expect Phinisee to improve his % year by year. And I think you’re a bit naive if you think a true freshman is going to come in and be a volume 40+% shooter, it’s just doesn’t usually work like that. And a grad transfer isn’t a sure thing either, look at Fitzner.[/QUOTE]

For reasons only he knows, bailey777 is rejecting all supporting info that contradicts his opinion on IU shooters next year. Bottom line is, IU has 3 proven shooters returning, and 3 more that were around 40% in recent seasons past. I'm sure Archie is investigating potential shooters for next year, in addition to those 6. IU had no available scholarships until one month ago. Bailey777 is a panicked fan, and those types are hard to deal with. Just laugh and try to calm them down...

bailey777 said:

Indyresident16, post: 2679161, member: 63025"]It’s only concerning if you think there’s absolutely no way that the current players on the team can’t improve or get better? Green shot 41% from 3 last year and was shooting it above 45% the latter third of the season. Durham was a 28% shooter as a freshman who improved his average to 36% and was ~40% up until he hurt his shooting hand towards the end of the regular season. I fully expect Phinisee to improve his % year by year. And I think you’re a bit naive if you think a true freshman is going to come in and be a volume 40+% shooter, it’s just doesn’t usually work like that. And a grad transfer isn’t a sure thing either, look at Fitzner.

For reasons only he knows, bailey777 is rejecting all supporting info that contradicts his opinion on IU shooters next year. Bottom line is, IU has 3 proven shooters returning, and 3 more that were around 40% in recent seasons past. I'm sure Archie is investigating potential shooters for next year, in addition to those 6. IU had no available scholarships until one month ago. Bailey777 is a panicked fan, and those types are hard to deal with. Just laugh and try to calm them down...

Who are these shooters? I assume Durham and Green are two of them. Who are the other 4? Also, our top 3 returning guards field goal percentages were 40%, 40%, and 36%. We’re going to struggle on offense again.

if you don't think Mathias was a role player before his senior year, you and I have different ideas of what a role player is. Guy was always like your 5th or worse scorer. His role was knocking down outside shots and hustle. It's what he was. Still a valuable player, and all good teams need them, and MP has excelled at finding and developing them, but not a super talented player in terms of top programs. What were his other offers out of HS? I'm guessing more MAC schools than perennial top 25 programs. How's he doing in the NBA? Role player. No shame in it, but it's what he was.

How's he doing in the NBA? Better than Romeo Langford is. He had 14 pts tonight and played more minutes for the Sixers than anyone else on the team.

By the way, I'm not picking on you on purpose. When I saw how well he is doing I figured I'd search for a trap statement from the past. Turns out you will have to eat that one.

But it is remarkable to be reminded how certain skills do transfer to the League.

How's he doing in the NBA? Better than Romeo Langford is. He had 14 pts tonight and played more minutes for the Sixers than anyone else on the team.

By the way, I'm not picking on you on purpose. When I saw how well he is doing I figured I'd search for a trap statement from the past. Turns out you will have to eat that one.

But it is remarkable to be reminded how certain skills do transfer to the League.
He is literally only playing because half the 76ers roster is out with COVID. Troll harder.

you're not trying to pick on me on purpose... by showing what an imbecile you are? Pick away! Mathias is doing great as an undrafted free agent to have worked his way up from overseas to G League to a 2 way NBA contract, meaning he has to play a big chunk of the season in the G League. Even his parents would likely tell you the only reason he's getting the opportunity to start and play the minutes he has is because he's on the roster in the NBA most decimated by injury and covid. Think they have 2 out with injury and 6 more out with Covid??? So it only took a worldwide pandemic for him to do as well as he is.

Besides, the fact that he is making the most of his NBA opportunity still doesn't change the fact that he was a role player for most of his college career. The only valid point you made is how shooting does translate to the NBA game nowadays and how it's changed it. What I'm eating tonight is probably Thai. I'll let you figure out what you're eating, but I have some suggestions.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
you're not trying to pick on me on purpose... by showing what an imbecile you are? Pick away! Mathias is doing great as an undrafted free agent to have worked his way up from overseas to G League to a 2 way NBA contract, meaning he has to play a big chunk of the season in the G League. Even his parents would likely tell you the only reason he's getting the opportunity to start and play the minutes he has is because he's on the roster in the NBA most decimated by injury and covid. Think they have 2 out with injury and 6 more out with Covid??? So it only took a worldwide pandemic for him to do as well as he is.

Besides, the fact that he is making the most of his NBA opportunity still doesn't change the fact that he was a role player for most of his college career. The only valid point you made is how shooting does translate to the NBA game nowadays and how it's changed it. What I'm eating tonight is probably Thai. I'll let you figure out what you're eating, but I have some suggestions.

How is he doing in the NBA? He is doing well under the circumstances. That was all you needed to say. Wow, a lot of anger there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT