ADVERTISEMENT

Election Night (Lightly moderated)

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
Not going to be up late tonight like usual, so if people get rowdy, I can't promise I'll do anything about it, but if I notice something dumb, I'll axe it. Really only started a thread to point out that abortion is doing better in Ohio than legalized pot. Take that for what it's worth.

Also, KY statewide Dem candidates got hammered, so the fact Beshear is in this race really says something.

Not going to be up late tonight like usual, so if people get rowdy, I can't promise I'll do anything about it, but if I notice something dumb, I'll axe it. Really only started a thread to point out that abortion is doing better in Ohio than legalized pot. Take that for what it's worth.

Also, KY statewide Dem candidates got hammered, so the fact Beshear is in this race really says something.
So Ohio suburban moms don't want their daughters smoking pot but do want them to be able to end a pregnancy. Understandable, but kind of weird.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
A Trump-endorsed gov candidate losing in Red Kentucky. The attack ads from Republicans are so stale.

Evansville elected a black female for mayor... Winnecke's money can only go so far with a bad candidate. That, and the libertarian picked up double digit support which peeled away support from the Republican.

Roll Biden down a hill. Slide beshear in. I’ll vote for him.

Reactions: UncleMark
Jackson MS ran out of ballots. Huge black population. Polls kept open until people have a chance to vote. Race for governor looks to be tight.

How in the F do you run out of ballots in a digital world?
I'm sure they have some fancy paper or process or something. Here in Bton, they print them on demand right in front of you at the polling station.

I'm sure they have some fancy paper or process or something. Here in Bton, they print them on demand right in front of you at the polling station.
Likely the same machine we use up here. This was the first year this one. Once I exited my last page, it printed something. That was new. Not sure what would've happened had I wanted to go back.

Likely the same machine we use up here. This was the first year this one. Once I exited my last page, it printed something. That was new. Not sure what would've happened had I wanted to go back.
We mark paper ballots which are then scanned for tabulation. The ballots are retained for recounting or whatever else might be necessary. It's beautifully simple, secure, and efficient.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
The puppy killer won.
Good for Hogsett. Other than being too strict on COVID, most of his problems is the result of a GOP super majority in the statehouse not giving a crap about urban areas, while trying to blame urban problems on Democrats, as well gentrification squeezing much of the riff raff into smaller areas, creating some interesting turf issues between Atlanta/Nashville drugs and Chicago drugs.

So Ohio suburban moms don't want their daughters smoking pot but do want them to be able to end a pregnancy. Understandable, but kind of weird.
No, they all know someone who had a troubled pregnancy who needed an abortion to save their life or avoid bankruptcy. We republicans are sitting on a turd.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Sounds like a good night for Dems. Did dbm give us polls or no?

Sounds like a good night for Dems. Did dbm give us polls or no?
The liberal Democrat-sponsored tax and revenue measure went down in flames in blue. Colorado. Even though we elect Democrats statewide and to the legislature, the conservatives prevail on tax and spend measures. Go figure.

If I'm a Republican strategist, I'm starting to really worry about this whole abortion thing.
That's why these "polls" showing Trump leading are a joke. When it comes time to actually vote,not just answer meaningless polls, people are not going to vote for a quad indicted, likely convicted felon who will likely be on bail in 4 seperate jusrisdictions. If Trump is actually ahead in a state like PA, then how come the Dems are winning control of the PA SC ? Youngkin the supposed "Great white hope" wants to restrict abortion, and wanted to take control of the VA statehouse in order to do so...

He hoped to make tonight a referendum on the first half of his term. He thought he could displace Dem control of the Senate, but instead the Dems held on to tje Senate and also gained control of the House. So much for emerging "star" Youngkin...

Hogsett won. Nationwide, it was a tough night for GOP.

I don't live in Indianapolis.

I frankly am trying to just come to grips with not caring. The majority of the country seems intent on killing the goose so I might as well focus on stocking my eggs until I am gone. I have 6 people I am responsible for, the rest of you are on your own.

If I'm a Republican strategist, I'm starting to really worry about this whole abortion thing.
Why? First of all the vote on Ohio measure is exactly what the Supremes intended with Dobbs. Second, the measure isn’t unreasonable and I probably would have voted for it. Third, with abortion settled in Ohio, the Democrats no longer have an issue with which to bash all Republicans. When elections are based on issues that matter, Democrats got nuthin’.

I don't live in Indianapolis.

I frankly am trying to just come to grips with not caring. The majority of the country seems intent on killing the goose so I might as well focus on stocking my eggs until I am gone. I have 6 people I am responsible for, the rest of you are on your own.
Lift Off Moon GIF by Stakin

It brings peace and tranquility.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT