ADVERTISEMENT

Durr in Rob out for IL

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Woody just had a pressor. Rob is out, and could be out for awhile per Coach. Durr has been out with Coaches decision last few, but "needs to be ready". I think Khristian can play with the IL guards. They are good, but not elite. Will be a good test for him. Galloway will get a lot of time at guard was well I would assume. Gonna need another big game from X. Where would we be without him?

Woody just had a pressor. Rob is out, and could be out for awhile per Coach. Durr has been out with Coaches decision last few, but "needs to be ready". I think Khristian can play with the IL guards. They are good, but not elite. Will be a good test for him. Galloway will get a lot of time at guard was well I would assume. Gonna need another big game from X. Where would we be without him?
I think our guards will all need to have good games. I’m not talking scoring.

Reactions: TomEric4756
Exactly. But where would IU be without Trace or Race or even TG?

Needed Trey to step up and he has - be very timely/helpful tomorrow for Tamar to show as well.

Illinois plays strong even without Cockburn/Curbelo - going to need some Phinisee level D to keep their guards out of the lane. If Race, Trayce and X can stay on the Floor and IU gets good looks from deep, like IU's chances...

Be an especially good day if the Crowd starts yelling "GERONIMO!"

Is there a site where you can see early lines for tomorrows games?

Would have preferred the news was the other way around. Happy to have Mike back, but the key will be controlling IL's perimeter game.

Needed Trey to step up and he has - be very timely/helpful tomorrow for Tamar to show as well.

Illinois plays strong even without Cockburn/Curbelo - going to need some Phinisee level D to keep their guards out of the lane. If Race, Trayce and X can stay on the Floor and IU gets good looks from deep, like IU's chances...

Be an especially good day if the Crowd starts yelling "GERONIMO!"

It’s like Illinois played better defense without them. Really changes their style. Michigan state and northwestern looked like football games. Kofi was back for one but damn they can play so many different ways.

We’ve had a week to prepare. They’ve had two days. Time to really show that we have an all-star coaching staff that has us
ready from the start and how to control their backcourt from getting open 3s. Can’t be flat in this one. It will be hard to dig out of a hole against their talent and coach.

Another big opportunity for KL. He stepped up against St Johns and was solid last game. Every guard he’s defending will go right at him - could be another four fouls in 10 minute game against Illinois. We’ll see - the guy will play hard regardless.
Will get some time you would think. Hope he continues to improve. He has way more skill then people give him credit for. He will blossom sooner than later.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
Will get some time you would think. Hope he continues to improve. He has way more skill then people give him credit for. He will blossom sooner than later.

Totally agree - physically not there yet, but no other team around that I know of can call upon their basically 3rd String PG (sounds wrong) and count on him for important minutes against top teams.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Here's the thing, over the past 10 days or so, since Rob went to the training room Lander at every practice along with communication from staff in between is receiving eyeball to eyeball coaching directed with an intense focus to manage the game during his time on the floor. He's got the talent now he has to be in the mindset to display it smoothly on the court. You are the next man up KL. Go HOOSIERS!!

Here's the thing, over the past 10 days or so, since Rob went to the training room Lander at every practice along with communication from staff in between is receiving eyeball to eyeball coaching directed with an intense focus to manage the game during his time on the floor. He's got the talent now he has to be in the mindset to display it smoothly on the court. You are the next man up KL. Go HOOSIERS!!
Interesting. Almost sounds as if the coaches are a little panicked with how much he may play.

It went to -2. I knew I should have gotten in earlier.

I79Z4NN.png

FD & DK both have it -2 (-102 & -105 respectively)

Last edited:
Yeah, 'panic' has always been the knock on Woodson and Fife and the other Coaches.

"Sounds as if" you don't know what you're talking about - preparation is very different than panic.

"preparation is very different than panic"
--------------------------------------------------------

till you get punched in the face. bwg

th

hope Durr is good to go, we'll likely need him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

i'd love to see Khristian take on a much more type A personality trait.

same with Leal.

Interesting take on the Illini and turnovers.

And number 5 says we should see an ugly defensive slugfest

https://writingillini.com/2022/02/03/illinois-basketball-5-observations-illini-win-wisconsin/amp/5/

A True contrarian must therefore bet the over?

Reactions: .Gerdis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT