ADVERTISEMENT

Durham probe

The Wray appointment was an unsurprising mistake from Trump extremely early in his term. He was essentially making a decision based on faith in Priebus. Never put faith in Priebus, Trump knows that now.

That’s one of the reasons the idea of a second term for Trump is so appealing. He knows his way around better now, the names and faces, who to trust. Couple that with no Russian collusion hanging over him and I think he could get a lot done.
So he knows who he can bring in to be his yes men for his authoritarian regime.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I don't use the racism word often but most but maybe not all of those that believe Obama wasn't born in America are motivated by racism IMO. My mother is black and came to this country with her parents when she was about 10 and has a slight accent. My father is white. I was born in Indiana and I've been accused of not being American by some other kids during my youth. No doubt in my mind those kids were racist and they learned it from their parents. My mother told me to stop fighting them and try to respond politely! LOL My experience causes me to believe this is probably the same situation with these birther people.
If you grew up in the United States and are black or mixed race, you've definitely encountered racism. Kids can be cruel and will find your weak spot, no matter which color you are.

There's no doubt there's some racism involved in questioning his citizenship, but I don't think it's the main reason. Obama's reluctance to disclose his actual birth certificate for a long time had a lot to do with it.

So he knows who he can bring in to be his yes men
Perhaps. All cabinet secretaries are yes men to a certain extent I suppose.

Would a defense secretary green lighting the abandonment of a well fortified military installation during an evacuation in favor of a less secure public airport (despite their own personal reservations to the idea) be an example of a yes man?

Reactions: DANC and Indianaftw
Perhaps. All cabinet secretaries are yes men to a certain extent I suppose.

Would a defense secretary green lighting the abandonment of a well fortified military installation during an evacuation in favor of a less secure public airport (despite their own personal reservations to the idea) be an example of a yes man?

See Barr (until Jan 6) if you want the poster child of a yes man. Trump just needs a yes man that has absolutely no spine. So he can recruit from amongst most of the GOP currently in congress. Santos may be looking for a new position soon and he could be bought easily...probably just a few pardons ;).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
My attempts at humor sometimes gets me in trouble.

For example, been known to state the following.

"Wish one of my parents had been black, so I might have had the speed to play outside linebacker."
There's a maintenance guy at our complex who is black. He's about 62 and we were talking the other day. He's from San Francisco and left there after his last divorce (his 2nd). He was telling me a had a pretty middle class life before his divorces, but he's having to work now because his finances were drained and hes trying to save for retirement. Nice guy and we often BS when I'm in the gym.

Anyway, I was asking him how he liked San Francisco - I was stationed in Monterey - and he went to high school in SF. He's kind of a shorter guy, but muscular. I asked if he played football and he said "Yeah, I was the black guy, so they put me at running back". Cracked me up.

Serious question. What would happen to Republicans if they acted grown up and left Biden alone, unlike the Democrats acted with the Trump administration and everyone associated with him?
Same thing that happened after Republicans made Nixon resign.

They'd still get kicked in the teeth.

Desantis is getting ready to announce
He doesn't have a prayer, guy, unless Trump experiences some major health crisis. In the wake of the NY indictment, Trump's popularity soared. He's a victim. Another indictment is coming from Georgia in July. He had the crowd eating out of his hand at the CNN Town Hall in New Hampshire. Polling from everywhere (except maybe Baris, lol) shows Trump with a double-digit lead over DeSantis. NBC News polling showed two-thirds of Republican primary voters say they stand behind their boy Donny.

You've got many more Republicans who are more concerned about owning the libs than electing someone who can actually win the general.

Here's my advice. Forget about DeSantis until 2028. Keep focusing on soccer, your lattes at Starbucks, and Bravo. I don't watch Bravo but my wife was into the season finale of some Bravo show last night. You should compare notes with her. On second thought, that's a bad idea.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The new wrinkle of having the lame Duck Pubs Kinzinger and Cheney play big roles was a clever ploy IMO.
It wasn't just a ploy - it was totally against the rules of fair play and poisoned the Congressional waters forever.

Man ohhh Man. They took everything from this guy. I swear these guys have brass cahoones for showing up and testifying.

I hope some billionaire takes pity on these guys and helps them out financially.

Maybe they'll follow the Democrat model and write a book. And sue the FBI and Christopher Wray personally.

He doesn't have a prayer, guy, unless Trump experiences some major health crisis. In the wake of the NY indictment, Trump's popularity soared. He's a victim. Another indictment is coming from Georgia in July. He had the crowd eating out of his hand at the CNN Town Hall in New Hampshire. Polling from everywhere (except maybe Baris, lol) shows Trump with a double-digit lead over DeSantis. NBC News polling showed two-thirds of Republican primary voters say they stand behind their boy Donny.

You've got many more Republicans who are more concerned about owning the libs than electing someone who can actually win the general.

Here's my advice. Forget about DeSantis until 2028. Keep focusing on soccer, your lattes at Starbucks, and Bravo. I don't watch Bravo but my wife was into the season finale of some Bravo show last night. You should compare notes with her. On second thought, that's a bad idea.
Maybe there will be a brokered convention and someone will come out of the woodwork. Desantis has to run now. His stock won’t get higher. Debate his ass off.

Yes it was the season finale of vanderpump rules. Shooting had already stopped then scandoval happened and they brought the cameras back. Unbelievable television. Andy Cohan is our p.t. Barnum.

Not a good week for the FBI. A great culling must happen. Trump and DeSantis both understand this.

If McCarthy had any sense he would raise the idea of cuts to Bureau as part of this debt limit negotiation.

They have so far exceeded their mandate it’s ridiculous. Without major lay offs and restructuring they risk becoming a de facto Gestapo for the Democratic Party within 5 years.
5 years? I assume you mean the past 5 years.

The FBI needs to be decentralized. Minimal supervision from DC. Or break their mission up into more manageable pieces. Crime control and national security should be in separate entities.

I pray he’s got a little something up his sleeve because Trump has been on a tear the last couple weeks with the Townhall and then the vindication from Durham.

Time for him to open up the guns on Trump.
I really like Desantis, but I worry about his foreign policy. He has time to define his position, but a new President is always tested by our enemies.

The media and Democrats - and some so-called Republicans - like to think Trump is the only one who divides the country. Just wait if Desantis is the candidate. Guarantee there will be crazy accusations and I'll take the over that some 'investigation' will occur before the election. That's the Democrat playbook now - and it works.

Serious question. What would happen to Republicans if they acted grown up and left Biden alone, unlike the Democrats acted with the Trump administration and everyone associated with him?

If either side tried to start seriously governing and stop pawning the other, I would imagine they could draw some of the independent votes out there, but neither side can look past their nose and just wants to make the other side look bad.

It's absolutely horrible the way our government just wants to one up the other side, never getting anything done.

I talked to one guy in my golf league on Tuesday and unfortunately, politics came up (it took us over 3 hours to golf 9 holes / the group ahead of us was HORRIBLE). He said he was a life-long Republican but was absolutely livid with what McCarthy was doing with the debt ceiling. He said that was one thing that shouldn't be used for politics, and he couldn't believe his side was doing it.

If Republicans just got out of their own way, you guys would run this country, but there's to much tit for tat. With the young vote coming up, it could be ugly in the coming years.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The Wray appointment was an unsurprising mistake from Trump extremely early in his term. He was essentially making a decision based on faith in Priebus. Never put faith in Priebus, Trump knows that now.

That’s one of the reasons the idea of a second term for Trump is so appealing. He knows his way around better now, the names and faces, who to trust. Couple that with no Russian collusion hanging over him and I think he could get a lot done.
I am convinced more than ever that a second Trump term would probably wreck the country and much of that is based on the things that are not coming out but being confirmed.

His whole personality would make Trump 2.0 a revenge tour and it is a tour he would feel vindicated to take. I don't think he will have people lining up to be advisors based on what happened to the last group so you are likely to get yes men in place. He has a whole host of supporters whose main interest in him is revenge as well. That may be deserved, it may be cathartic, but it would be destructive. Maybe that is where we are at?

I kept saying when norms were being overturned to get Trump that payback would probably be a bitch, I never expected Trump to get another shot. If he does, it will be payback on steroids and I don't think after having his house raided and his wife's panties ruffled through that he is going to give much of a flying fudge about established norms.

I don't think that is good. I think people should be made to pay for how government was weaponized but he can't be the one doing it.

If either side tried to start seriously governing and stop pawning the other, I would imagine they could draw some of the independent votes out there, but neither side can look past their nose and just wants to make the other side look bad.

It's absolutely horrible the way our government just wants to one up the other side, never getting anything done.

I talked to one guy in my golf league on Tuesday and unfortunately, politics came up (it took us over 3 hours to golf 9 holes / the group ahead of us was HORRIBLE). He said he was a life-long Republican but was absolutely livid with what McCarthy was doing with the debt ceiling. He said that was one thing that shouldn't be used for politics, and he couldn't believe his side was doing it.

If Republicans just got out of their own way, you guys would run this country, but there's to much tit for tat. With the young vote coming up, it could be ugly in the coming years.
Did your buddy realize Republicans have already passed a House bill to raise the debt limit?

If not, why didn't you tell him? We've discussed it here enough.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I am convinced more than ever that a second Trump term would probably wreck the country and much of that is based on the things that are not coming out but being confirmed.

His whole personality would make Trump 2.0 a revenge tour and it is a tour he would feel vindicated to take. I don't think he will have people lining up to be advisors based on what happened to the last group so you are likely to get yes men in place. He has a whole host of supporters whose main interest in him is revenge as well. That may be deserved, it may be cathartic, but it would be destructive. Maybe that is where we are at?

I kept saying when norms were being overturned to get Trump that payback would probably be a bitch, I never expected Trump to get another shot. If he does, it will be payback on steroids and I don't think after having his house raided and his wife's panties ruffled through that he is going to give much of a flying fudge about established norms.

I don't think that is good. I think people should be made to pay for how government was weaponized but he can't be the one doing it.
Who on any Presidential Cabinet is not a yes man/woman? Are we seriously going to discuss that as a reason not to re-elect Trump?

You can pick your poison. You can have a melt-down if Trump gets re-elected or watch the country slowly sink into the abyss.

Personally, I'd rather have it out now. And it won't matter if another Republican is elected - Democrats and the media will make whoever that is out to be worse than Trump.

I agree. And Priebus didn’t fare any worse than any of the other Trump Chiefs of Staff. The man is unmanageable.

I just like to get the leftists envisioning a Trump 2nd term.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I really like Desantis, but I worry about his foreign policy. He has time to define his position, but a new President is always tested by our enemies.

The media and Democrats - and some so-called Republicans - like to think Trump is the only one who divides the country. Just wait if Desantis is the candidate. Guarantee there will be crazy accusations and I'll take the over that some 'investigation' will occur before the election. That's the Democrat playbook now - and it works.
Ha you mean like when Biden was at Howard and said the biggest threat to democracy is white supremacy. Thats civil war division talk. Someone should have slapped him across the face at that moment.

Or an Easter rabbit
Harvey perhaps?

images

Reactions: DANC
Did your buddy realize Republicans have already passed a House bill to raise the debt limit?

If not, why didn't you tell him? We've discussed it here enough.

This was the first time I've ever met the guy.

It was basically him and my best friend talking. I'm not going down that road with someone I just met and someone that once they start, they have a hard time stopping.

I stuck with complaining about pace of play.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Who on any Presidential Cabinet is not a yes man/woman? Are we seriously going to discuss that as a reason not to re-elect Trump?

You can pick your poison. You can have a melt-down if Trump gets re-elected or watch the country slowly sink into the abyss.

Personally, I'd rather have it out now. And it won't matter if another Republican is elected - Democrats and the media will make whoever that is out to be worse than Trump.
Yep, let the shooting start now instead of latter. If we want our kids to have a better future, we better neutralize every dim in DC, their leadership, their organization and the Aloha Romneys that are closet dim sheep. We owe that to our kids. They deserve a better America that what we are seeing right now.
Hell 12 whistle blowers bring forward DC corruption and The dims chastise them for outting their Nazi control mechanism.

Are you kidding me? There would be at LEAST 2 investigations going. He will become liTeRalLy hITLEr the moment he’s the nominee.

We already see it here in the DeSantis thread.

And you’re right, they do it because it works. Because republicans have no spine.

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa

Thanks. I keep hoping more Republicans come to the same understanding.

I assume he doesn't get your vote if nominated?

I take it you disagree with Crazy?
No, not if I understand what he is saying correctly.
Trump and America both were fvcked via out of control DC.
He's going to com e back and fight that with every power he can muster (can't blame him and do think him)
It's going to unravel everything, and this although PAINFUL, has proven to be very much needed.
I want several people, in public square, at the end of a rope. Firing or prison is not enough. THe country is hanging by a thread.
It shouldn't be Trump, it shouldn't have to be. But there's no one else agreed to take the hit. It takes strength to lead in terrible times. We are in terrible times.
But I suppose the dims think a leader like fetterman could do it. .... The cabal needs eviscerated!

My problem with Obama has nothing to do with his race although I think he benefitted a lot from it. I know some people that never had a political thought in their head that thought that was a reason to suddenly become that way. If he had been a good President I could care less and sorry but the actual birth records of a Presidential candidate are a bigger deal than the ones of the kids in the neighborhood. Not everything is racist. If he were from Norway and lilly white and there were questions about it and done the exact same bad job I would have the same questions and the same feelings about him
We didn't demand birth records of any other President in my lifetime. There is zero evidence that Obama wasn't born in America. Why would you have questions about this?

Appealing? Seriously? There aren't many credible people left in Trump's camp to fill important political appointment positions. Working in the Trump administration as a political appointee is a career killer.

Reactions: NOMORENIT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT