ADVERTISEMENT

Durham probe

Ironically, thanks to the birthers, we've seen more proof of Obama's citizenship than any other President in history. And, yet, they still question it. Hmmmm.
I don't use the racism word often but most but maybe not all of those that believe Obama wasn't born in America are motivated by racism IMO. My mother is black and came to this country with her parents when she was about 10 and has a slight accent. My father is white. I was born in Indiana and I've been accused of not being American by some other kids during my youth. No doubt in my mind those kids were racist and they learned it from their parents. My mother told me to stop fighting them and try to respond politely! LOL My experience causes me to believe this is probably the same situation with these birther people.

The Durham Report may not have the results hoped for by many Republicans, but as this link predicts 2023 will be the year of many probes led by the GOP House.

The link in part has this to say,

Kevin McCarthy has told House Republicans to treat every committee like the Oversight panel — that is, use every last bit of authority to dig into the Biden administration. That work begins in earnest this week.

Several sprawling probes — largely directed at President Joe Biden, his family and his administration — set the stage for a series of legal and political skirmishes between the two sides of Pennsylvania Avenue. It’s all with an eye on the true battle, the 2024 election, as Biden flirts with a reelection run and House Republicans hope to expand their control to the White House.

So just as can be seen at the Water Cooler, the 2024 presidential election and political probes will be sucking most of the air out of the room in 2023.

Reactions: DANC
I don't use the racism word often but most but maybe not all of those that believe Obama wasn't born in America are motivated by racism IMO. My mother is black and came to this country with her parents when she was about 10 and has a slight accent. My father is white. I was born in Indiana and I've been accused of not being American by some other kids during my youth. No doubt in my mind those kids were racist and they learned it from their parents. My mother told me to stop fighting them and try to respond politely! LOL My experience causes me to believe this is probably the same situation with these birther people.
My motivation...sheer trolling :)

Boo-hoo

Mr. Bing, have a question for you.

As a frequent viewer of the PBS program Finding Your Roots I am always pleased when a participant finds ancestors which don't conform to the way they might fill out a form which asks questions about their heritage. The social construct we have in America whereby it is important to be sorted into categories such as "Black" or "White" annoys me.

Consistent with being annoyed about the importance of being labeled by skin color, I asked a question at a public forum about why Americans insist on calling Obama "Black". My asking this question brought frowns from some of my friends of color who were in attendance. To this I should add, these friends who attend the forum are successful public figures in fields such as education, law,

Mr Bing, my question is whether you would be offended by my remarks concerning Obama at the forum.

As a frequent viewer of the PBS program Finding Your Roots I am always pleased when a participant finds ancestors which don't conform to the way they might fill out a form which asks questions about their heritage. The social construct we have in America whereby it is important to be sorted into categories such as "Black" or "White" annoys me.

Consistent with being annoyed about the importance of being labeled by skin color, I asked a question at a public forum about why Americans insist on calling Obama "Black". My asking this question brought frowns from some of my friends of color who were in attendance. To this I should add, these friends who attend the forum are successful public figures in fields such as education, law,

Mr Bing, my question is whether you would be offended by my remarks concerning Obama at the forum.
My answer, Be offended!

I identify as black even though my father is 100 percent white. I look black and there really isn't any choice. I don't recall ever being offended by you and I don't offend easily also.

I like that PBS show too.

I identify as black even though my father is 100 percent white. I look black and there really isn't any choice. I don't recall ever being offended by you and I don't offend easily also.

My attempts at humor sometimes gets me in trouble.

For example, been known to state the following.

"Wish one of my parents had been black, so I might have had the speed to play outside linebacker."

The Durham Report may not have the results hoped for by many Republicans, but as this link predicts 2023 will be the year of many probes led by the GOP House.

Kevin McCarthy has told House Republicans to treat every committee like the Oversight panel — that is, use every last bit of authority to dig into the Biden administration. That work begins in earnest this week.

Several sprawling probes — largely directed at President Joe Biden, his family and his administration — set the stage for a series of legal and political skirmishes between the two sides of Pennsylvania Avenue. It’s all with an eye on the true battle, the 2024 election, as Biden flirts with a reelection run and House Republicans hope to expand their control to the White House.

So just as can be seen at the Water Cooler, the 2024 presidential election and political probes will be sucking most of the air out of the room in 2023.
I’ll believe it when I see it because the Republicans don’t have a single spine among them but I say bring it on. The democrats started us down this road by going absolutely insane over Trump, so let’s root around in Joes closet for a while.

There’s no way a man who has been in politics for 50 years doesn’t have some skeletons in there.

Serious question. What would happen to Republicans if they acted grown up and left Biden alone, unlike the Democrats acted with the Trump administration and everyone associated with him?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Serious question. What would happen to Republicans if they acted grown up and left Biden alone, unlike the Democrats acted with the Trump administration and everyone associated with him?
What would have happened if Trump kept his nose clean and behaved like a civilized human being?

Always blaming the other side.

• Haha
Reactions: NOMORENIT and DANC
You’re hopeless. Please fck off and don’t respond to my posts.

Please stop posting your idiocy on a public forum if you don't want people to respond to them.

Your post was like a robber complaining that the cops were harassing him.

House Republicans representing districts with a majority of Republicans very well may have promised to probe the Biden family and Biden if elected. Consequently they owe it to their constituents to investigate and take action if required.

Ditto for Democrats in respect to Trump.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie

One of my best friends is Haitian. Color of an 8 ball. When racial issues come up here I always tell him he’s not a real black person. He’s no different than I. He disagrees.

Reactions: MrBing
No, that was Dennis Rodman.
images

House Republicans representing districts with a majority of Republicans very well may have promised to probe the Biden family and Biden if elected. Consequently they owe it to their constituents to investigate and take action if required.

Ditto for Democrats in respect to Trump.

they better hope they have actionable evidence from which to base their investigations on or their grandstanding over the durham report will look even more ridiculous...although I'm guessing we'll find more witnesses magically go missing.

My problem with Obama has nothing to do with his race although I think he benefitted a lot from it. I know some people that never had a political thought in their head that thought that was a reason to suddenly become that way. If he had been a good President I could care less and sorry but the actual birth records of a Presidential candidate are a bigger deal than the ones of the kids in the neighborhood. Not everything is racist. If he were from Norway and lilly white and there were questions about it and done the exact same bad job I would have the same questions and the same feelings about him

Remember the old saying, turn the other cheek? If you do, it will get slapped too.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
they better hope they have actionable evidence from which to base their investigations on or their grandstanding over the durham report will look even more ridiculous...although I'm guessing we'll find more witnesses magically go missing.

Dems and Pubs on committees investigating misdeeds play to the cameras for the folks back home.

When the testimony and evidence doesn't match their accusations the witnesses are deemed to be prejudicial. When the witnesses support their conclusions they are congratulated for being truthful.

Oh, the games they play with many having honed their questioning skills by being lawyers. Former prosecutors no longer being bound by courtroom protocols are my favorites.

Dems and Pubs on committees investigating misdeeds play to the cameras for the folks back home.

When the testimony and evidence doesn't match their accusations the witnesses are deemed to be prejudicial. When the witnesses support their conclusions they are congratulated for being truthful.

Oh, the games they play with many having honed their questioning skills by being lawyers. Former prosecutors no longer being bound by courtroom protocols are my favorites.
The whole notion of congressional investigations and hearings has gotten way out of hand. I think the select committee on J6 was the absolute worst in therms of useless partisanship, , yet we are determined to go down hill from there.

The whole notion of congressional investigations and hearings has gotten way out of hand. I think the select committee on J6 was the absolute worst in therms of useless partisanship, , yet we are determined to go down hill from there.

The new wrinkle of having the lame Duck Pubs Kinzinger and Cheney play big roles was a clever ploy IMO.

The new wrinkle of having the lame Duck Pubs Kinzinger and Cheney play big roles was a clever ploy IMO.
There was nothing clever about any of it. The committee was ,simply pathetic in every way. Our government seems to now be in a doom loop with all the promised house investigations. Every branch of government is held up for ridicule by a large swath of the population. Some of that is deserved, but many of the reasons are simply made up. No president can fix this. The idea of unifying the country seems like a bridge too far. It’s getting worse.

Reactions: DANC
Not a good week for the FBI. A great culling must happen. Trump and DeSantis both understand this.

If McCarthy had any sense he would raise the idea of cuts to Bureau as part of this debt limit negotiation.

They have so far exceeded their mandate it’s ridiculous. Without major lay offs and restructuring they risk becoming a de facto Gestapo for the Democratic Party within 5 years.

Not a good week for the FBI. A great culling must happen. Trump and DeSantis both understand this.

If McCarthy had any sense he would raise the idea of cuts to Bureau as part of this debt limit negotiation.

They have so far exceeded their mandate it’s ridiculous. Without major lay offs and restructuring they risk becoming a de facto Gestapo for the Democratic Party within 5 years.

Too bad the FBI is run by a trump appointee. Kind of negates the whole they are in the dem's pocket falsehood.

Desantis is getting ready to announce

Too bad the FBI is run by a trump appointee. Kind of negates the whole they are in the dem's pocket falsehood.
The Wray appointment was an unsurprising mistake from Trump extremely early in his term. He was essentially making a decision based on faith in Priebus. Never put faith in Priebus, Trump knows that now.

That’s one of the reasons the idea of a second term for Trump is so appealing. He knows his way around better now, the names and faces, who to trust. Couple that with no Russian collusion hanging over him and I think he could get a lot done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT