ADVERTISEMENT

Dolson is behind this.

What happens if Dolson moves on Woody and Liam immediately re-commits before another coach is even named? How funny would that be?

Reactions: GThomas
Something is fishy first contract clause, then Wooson is coming back then McNeeley de-committed there is something going on and it's not good for Indiana. You might as well start over next year because we're are going to suck might as well be a new coach because the roster is awful.
I believe you are overthinking it.
Unfortunately, the AD is not allowed to run his department.
I believe Liam is talking to current players and doesn't like what he is hearing.
But, yes, you are right, in the end it is not good for IU!

Reactions: Bucket Getter
This has been wild for the past couple days. The rumors about a new coach, the announcement there won’t be one, the team plays their best game of tye year on the road, and then the loss of the only recruit the recruiting dream team surrounding Woodson and the boat loads of nil money could land

What’s factual in all this is that Woodson and Dolson care a lot less than any of us do. Regardless of how IU basketball performs, these guys are cashing big checks until they’re not. And when that day comes, Woody will sleep easily and Dolson will make a lot of money as an AD in the Mountain West or a comparable conference. It’s the way it works. In the meantime, we’re a former blue blood that has been less successful than Loyola of Chicago the past decade. And San Diego State. And Florida Atlantic.

Something is fishy first contract clause, then Wooson is coming back then McNeeley de-committed there is something going on and it's not good for Indiana. You might as well start over next year because we're are going to suck might as well be a new coach because the roster is awful.
Like I said in another post…a lot of weird shit this week. A lot of drama to play out in the coming weeks.

What’s factual in all this is that Woodson and Dolson care a lot less than any of us do. Regardless of how IU basketball performs, these guys are cashing big checks until they’re not. And when that day comes, Woody will sleep easily and Dolson will make a lot of money as an AD in the Mountain West or a comparable conference. It’s the way it works. In the meantime, we’re a former blue blood that has been less successful than Loyola of Chicago the past decade. And San Diego State. And Florida Atlantic.
I’d be willing to bet that’s not true. Dolson is a badass. Just wait.

Considering that he’s the guy who hired Woodson, I’ll remain skeptical for now.
Well, I have heard that Dolson is a badass and makes hard decisions. We just never get to see that because others stop him. But trust the people saying Dolson has big balls. Just wait. You’ll see.

• Haha
bigger than basketball

• Wow
Well, I have heard that Dolson is a badass and makes hard decisions. We just never get to see that because others stop him. But trust the people saying Dolson has big balls. Just wait. You’ll see.
That’s assuming that you subscribe to the narrative that Dolson is somehow being held back. What is the evidence of that?

• Haha
That’s assuming that you subscribe to the narrative that Dolson is somehow being held back. What is the evidence of that?
I read it on forums, the most accurate place. Dolson has stones like boulders and the heart of a lion. Once he is free to do what he wants, poets will be singing his praises for generation. You just wait.

I don’t know why you’d say that about Dolson. If what we heard is true this week, he is the one pushing for change.

Dolson hired Woodson and then went out and did interviews bragging about how he did it. He's either a liar or most likely just an incompetent. He's also the same guard that's been running this AD for decades. Right into the shit house.

Dolson hired Woodson and then went out and did interviews bragging about how he did it. He's either a liar or most likely just an incompetent. He's also the same guard that's been running this AD for decades. Right into the shit house.

Dolson should be pissed at Woodson. He faxed it in this year.

Hey, he has already proved it to me. Sorry if you can't see it.

Mostly rumors so no solid take it to court evidence. But seeing how he moved on Archie and Allen, I have no reason he wouldn't have done the same in this case.
As far as hiring Woodson, it would indicate to me that he had reservations about Woodson because why else would he have hired Dane and Thad? Now was those reservations born out of him being forced or coerced into hiring Woodson? Who knows!

Hey, he has already proved it to me. Sorry if you can't see it.
By hiring Woodson? By keeping Woodson? By firing Allen a year too late? I’m not saying he is terrible. But I keep reading that he’s not just some money manager AD. At some point, he has to do something to get IU out of the bottom of P5 sports. Hopefully, Cig is a good start. But the basketball program may be at its lowest point since 2008. On his watch.

I didn't read that. Do you have a link to those interviews?

Lol at his comment re: Woodson.

One of the things that’s important to him is putting great people around him and he said, ‘Scott, you and I will be joined at the hip. If we do this, this is a partnership.’”

I agree Scott. You are joined at the hip and sinking like the Titanic.

• Haha
Reactions: go_iu and GThomas
I listened to that whole thing. It’s garbage. But actually doesn’t prove anything one way or the other. It’s a total CF in this AD no matter how anyone wants to measure it.

Lol at his comment re: Woodson.

One of the things that’s important to him is putting great people around him and he said, ‘Scott, you and I will be joined at the hip. If we do this, this is a partnership.’”

I agree Scott. You are joined at the hip and sinking like the Titanic.

Thanks for the link.
That article definitely makes me rethink Dolson's position with that hire.
I still believe her was pressured but much more of the blame resides with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT